Windows 10: Connection laptop to wireless wifi

Discus and support Connection laptop to wireless wifi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My pc 'sees' the wifi, but will not connect Password not problem as other devices connect with password Please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LorraineConsani, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Connection laptop to wireless wifi

My pc 'sees' the wifi, but will not connect

Password not problem as other devices connect with password

Please help

:)

LorraineConsani, Oct 6, 2019

2. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

Connection laptop to wireless wifi [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Baum Win User
    Targus Rolls Out new WiFi-connected Wireless Laser Mouse

can i connect to more than one wlan at once? My laptop features only one wireless card, and a usb wifi is no solution

Baum, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Connection laptop to wireless wifi

laptop can't find wifi but connects with ethernet cable

Please try these troubleshooting steps that may help.

1. Make sure the router SSID broadcast is on.
    2. Change the wifi channel to see if it resolves the problem.
    3. Enter the SSID and WPA2 password manually and see if the laptop connects.
    4. Temporarily turn off the encryption.
    5. We go into device manager & check updates for wifi drivers, we may need to simply update the driver.
    6. We go to Settings - Network & Internet - Status - Change Adapter Options, then right-clicked 'Ethernet' and disabled it. We do the same with wifi. Then we (with Ethernet still disabled) enabled wifi. It should re-connect to your wifi after a while.
    7. We have to disconnect our Ethernet cable from our laptop and follow the steps:
      Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the wifi networks.
      Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, we will be asked to give a password for our wifi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to our wifi network via wireless.
    8. First is to disconnect the internet cable from the laptop then uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
      Go to Device Manager and uninstall the wifi adapter.
      Once uninstalled, reboot the laptop and it should reinstall the driver automatically.
      After the reboot do try connecting to your wireless network again.
      If all these will not work, do also make sure that the wireless adapter is enabled. Depending the model of your laptop there should be key combinations on how to enable/disable it.

Daisy Zhou, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Connection laptop to wireless wifi

1. Connection laptop to wireless wifi - Similar Threads - Connection laptop wireless

2. Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore: Hello, I'm currently using an HP Pavillion x360 laptop, and am using Windows 8.1 still. For the past few months, my wifi would disappear, and it would only show me that there was no internet connection, as I had to connect with an Ethernet cable. I don't use this laptop...
  3. Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Wifi Connections not shown or connected anymore: Hello, I'm currently using an HP Pavillion x360 laptop, and am using Windows 8.1 still. For the past few months, my wifi would disappear, and it would only show me that there was no internet connection, as I had to connect with an Ethernet cable. I don't use this laptop...
  4. Trouble finding a way to connect to wireless wifi connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble finding a way to connect to wireless wifi connections: My Windows 11 ASUS Laptop does not portray the option to connect to wifi. When running the troubleshooter, it says that I am connected using a virtual network adapter that they can’t test, but I am not. The only recommendation there is is to restart my PC but it does not...
  5. Wireless/WiFi and Ethernet connectivity issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless/WiFi and Ethernet connectivity issue: Product: Example: HP Notebook 15 Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit I turned my computer on this morning and out of no where my wifi was turned off and not connected to my network. When I went to reconnect it said there was no networks available. So I tried...
  6. Wifi/wireless connection

Wifi/wireless connection: I just want to share this. After a recent update my WIFI connection was disabled, I contacted Microsoft Support for help, they tried but to no avail. Every thing from Reset, uninstall, reinstall ,system restore ,etc. didn't work. When ever I trouble shoot the troubleshoot...
  7. Cant Connect To My Wireless Wifi!

Cant Connect To My Wireless Wifi!: hey guys so I'm trying to connect to my wifi but for some reason everytime I go to put the password in and press enter it will pop up saying cant connect to this network with a option to close then i have to put the pw in again but does the same thing can you help me fix it?...
  8. Wireless card won't connect to wifi

Wireless card won't connect to wifi: Hello My laptop wireless connection suddenly disconnected and I have done everything to the best of my ability from update to resetting my system to fix but I found this error message in the event for the network device. "Device...
  9. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi: Hello I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi. I am using Windows 10 The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps I have also one USB mini wifi adapter...
  10. Laptop not connecting to a wifi ........

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop not connecting to a wifi ........: I opened my laptop after two to three days I try to connect it to wifi so windows get updated but it is not connecting to it it showing no wifi found or unusual beware like on/off a wifi several times.... Please help me.........