Windows 10: Connection Not Private error with hotspot connections on laptop

Discus and support Connection Not Private error with hotspot connections on laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So my apartment uses an internet provider that only allows one device to be connected per account. To get around this issue, I've been using my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GameBoo, Mar 19, 2019.

1. GameBoo Win User

Connection Not Private error with hotspot connections on laptop

So my apartment uses an internet provider that only allows one device to be connected per account. To get around this issue, I've been using my laptop as a mobile hotspot and then connecting my devices from there. This worked fine for a few weeks, but now every time I try to connect a device, my computer tells me that my connection isn't private and forces me to reconnect to the internet through the provider's portal. I just tested it, and this happens when I use an Ethernet cable to connect my Xbox as well.

My questions are: Is the problem with my laptop settings or with the internet provider? What can I do, if anything, to fix this? If the problem is on the side of the provider, are there any other workarounds that would let me connect multiple devices?

Thank you in advance.

:)

GameBoo, Mar 19, 2019
  2. adas14 Win User

cant connect to my hotspot

my phone connects to the wife hotspot. win 10 desktops not. just checked that windows 7 desktop connects with my hotspot. To be clear. I turn hotspot with my laptop. my phone shows connection and it connects , windows 7 desktop shows connection and it connects, but windows 10 desktops does not show my laptop's hotspot connection at all. And it happened after i did windows update on my laptop...

adas14, Mar 19, 2019
  3. laptop cant connect or stay connected to internet

And please do check that is the connection problem is occurring with that specific WiFi router or with others too? Try to connect using different router, and if you don't have a router try connecting it to WiFi hotspot and test it.
    I had that problem when my old-router stopped working I replaced it with new one and in a day my laptop HP-450 was unable to connect to it whereas all other devices were connected. At first I had the same feeling that my laptop was not working and tried every thing but nothing worked. Then I tried connecting to my WiFi hotspot and it worked even in long range. Then I called Dlink and got it replaced. With the new router I had no problems.
    Also do check the number of devices connected.

Vineet Reddy, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Connection Not Private error with hotspot connections on laptop

Connecting to a moblie Hotspot

Hello Eddie,

There are reasons why you are unable to connect your phone to mobile hotspot. It could be a hardware or network provider issue. To isolate the issue, please provide the following information:

• What is the model and OS of the device that you are connecting to the hotspot?
    • Have you tried connecting to a different WiFi hotspot?
    • Are you getting any error messages?

Michael Rey, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Connection Not Private error with hotspot connections on laptop

1. Connection Not Private error with hotspot connections on laptop - Similar Threads - Connection Private error

2. DEACTIVATE PRIVATE MAC ADDRESS TO CONNECT TO HOTSPOT?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DEACTIVATE PRIVATE MAC ADDRESS TO CONNECT TO HOTSPOT?: Hello! I cannot connect to a hotspot after buying a hotspot ticket from a popular provider. At the beginning it works, but then my Windows 10 won't connect automatically, and I always have to call the phone support of the provider company to enable connection again. I've been...
  3. DEACTIVATE PRIVATE MAC ADDRESS TO CONNECT TO HOTSPOT?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DEACTIVATE PRIVATE MAC ADDRESS TO CONNECT TO HOTSPOT?: Hello! I cannot connect to a hotspot after buying a hotspot ticket from a popular provider. At the beginning it works, but then my Windows 10 won't connect automatically, and I always have to call the phone support of the provider company to enable connection again. I've been...
  4. Hotspot connection error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotspot connection error: I am using a HP 250 G6 Notebook pc windos version 21H2. when I am turning on my pc Hotspot for sharing my ethernet network with my mobile, my mobile connects to it and internet functioning properly on my mobile, But internet on my pc stops working, No website is opening on my...
  5. Hotspot connection error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotspot connection error: I am using a HP 250 G6 Notebook pc windos version 21H2. when I am turning on my pc Hotspot for sharing my ethernet network with my mobile, my mobile connects to it and internet functioning properly on my mobile, But internet on my pc stops working, No website is opening on my...
  6. Hotspot connection error

7. Connection is private error , ERR_CERT_REVOKED

in Cortana
    Connection is private error , ERR_CERT_REVOKED: I can't access website in Edge browser it works well with Firefox in Chrome, is there any issues with Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connection-is-private-error-errcertrevoked/d0a0a159-a424-437a-8544-edab5b2cfab7
  8. Connection is private error , ERR_CERT_REVOKED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connection is private error , ERR_CERT_REVOKED: I can't access website in Edge browser it works well with Firefox in Chrome, is there any issues with Edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connection-is-private-error-errcertrevoked/d0a0a159-a424-437a-8544-edab5b2cfab7
  9. Connection is private error , ERR_CERT_REVOKED

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Connection is not private Error on chrome.

Connection is not private Error on chrome.: Hi i am trying to access https://pubanswers.com/ website but getting the below error: Your connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your information from pubanswers.com(for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when laptop connects to hotspot it is public not private