Windows 10: Connection not working, ping is OK

Discus and support Connection not working, ping is OK in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello from France, For about 1 week my internet connection is not working anymore : I can ping any website but I can't browse the internet, neither... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hgfhf, Dec 22, 2018.

1. hgfhf Win User

Connection not working, ping is OK

Hello from France,

For about 1 week my internet connection is not working anymore : I can ping any website but I can't browse the internet, neither with Edge, nor Firefox or any other browser.

What is strange is that everything seems to work according to the network status, but the webpages never load.

I tried netsh int ip reset c:\resetlmog.txt but nothing seems to work...

My computer is running on an up to date Windows 10.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Erikltt

:)

hgfhf, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Arctucas Win User

mobo/case connection

Type LIST DISK

press Enter

(There are going to be several steps, so let me know when you do them, OK?)

Arctucas, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Can ping but not browse

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: We need to check the status of the Internet Connection on your computer. Please follow the steps and let us know the status.

Follow the steps:

Step 1: Internet Connection troubleshooter.

• Press the Windows Key + W on the keyboard.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search box and then press
      Enter.
    • Select Troubleshooting. Click on
      view all and select Internet Connections.
    • Click next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Step 2: Perform Network adapter troubleshooter.

• Press Windows Key + W on the keyboard.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search tab and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all on left panel.
    • Click Network Adapter, new window will popup.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    Step 3: Run a ping test and check if any packets are lost. Refer the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • In Command prompt, type the following command
    • Ping www.msn.com
    • Check if there are any packets are lost.
    Method 2:

Step 1: One of the components of the Internet connection on your computer is a built-in set of instructions called TCP/IP. TCP/IP can sometimes become damaged or corrupted. If
    you cannot connect to the Internet and you have tried all other methods to resolve the problem, TCP/IP might be causing it.

Let’s reset the winsock entries and TCP/IP stack and to troubleshoot the issue further.

Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X together and select
      Command Prompt (admin).
    • Type the following command and hit Enter after each:
    • netsh winsock reset catalog (reset winsock entries)
    • netsh int ip reset reset.log hit (reset TCP/IP stack)
    • Reboot the computer and check.
    Step2:
    Flush your computer's DNS cache.

• From Start screen, type command prompt.
    • Right-click on Command Prompt
      and choose Run as Administrator.
    • At the command prompt, type the following commands. Press Enter after each command.
    ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

Also I suggest you to refer to the below articles and check if it helps.

Why can't I connect to the Internet?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/cant-connect-internet#1TC=windows-10

Connect to the Internet

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/connect-internet#1TC=windows-10

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 22, 2018
  4. ryley2637 Win User

Can't Ping VPN Server or Access Shares While Using VPN

I've been dealing with this issue for hours now and have tried everything I can think of. I have a Windows 10 Home PC that I have an incoming VPN connection on. I can connect to it, but if the firewall is enabled, I can't ping it or access the shares. If I turn the firewall off I CAN ping and access shares. It was working fine yesterday and I don't remember doing anything to cause this. I've tracked it down to being something with my Public networks. When I disable the firewall on public networks (the VPN adapter) I can ping, but once I enable that it stops pinging. I've tried everything listed below but still can't get it to work:

• Checked port 1723 is open
    • Allowed EVERYTHING with a firewall rule, through it
    • Checked multiple devices on another Wi-Fi network and 3G with a phone
    • Restarted PC; other devices and router
    • I can ping every other device on my network besides the one creating the VPN (which is the one I need)
    • and so many other steps.
    • Made sure file and printer sharing were enabled in network and sharing center

Is there some other rule that got removed from the firewall I need to re-add? Any help or tips would be appreciated!

ryley2637, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Connection not working, ping is OK - Similar Threads - Connection working ping

2. Unable to ping machine connected to the same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to ping machine connected to the same network: Hello Support, I have a windows 2016 server machine running on vmware 6.7, it's connected to the internet just fine. I can ping 8.8.8.8, the gateway, and all network configurations are in order. However, if i want to connect to it by remote desktop. I get an error telling me...
  3. Ethernet connection ok assigned IP, etc but not even ping works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection ok assigned IP, etc but not even ping works: Hi,LAN is connected, DHCP assigned and IP and can see activity on Ethernet Status window both directions.Windows 10: Firewall is off, antivirus is off, no VPN, all Policies no active, nothing odd configured.The basic ping from the computer general error or from outside to it...
  4. Ethernet connection ok assigned IP, etc but not even ping works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connection ok assigned IP, etc but not even ping works: Hi,LAN is connected, DHCP assigned and IP and can see activity on Ethernet Status window both directions.Windows 10: Firewall is off, antivirus is off, no VPN, all Policies no active, nothing odd configured.The basic ping from the computer general error or from outside to it...
  5. Ethernet connection ok assigned IP, etc but not even ping works

6. Ping Problems even on ethernet connection

Ping Problems even on ethernet connection: [ATTACH] My ping on my internet has been stable and all the sudden it just spikes to over 200+ for no reason, anyone know a fix? I dont use wifi on my computer it doesnt even have an option for wifi, Im hard wired through ethernet in the wall. idk what to do....
  7. Ok guys I need help with my ping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ok guys I need help with my ping: How is it that I can load a 1080p video on YouTube in 2 seconds but my ping hits 500 while gaming (csgo)? Can someone please help me out here? submitted by /u/br_igris [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jmpstn/ok_guys_i_need_help_with_my_ping/
  8. Can ping, but can't connect!

Can ping, but can't connect!: Hi guys. From today i can not use TunSafe VPN app anymore and i don't know why! I'm using WARP profile that tutorial is on reddit, when i press connect button, TunSafe connected and everything is fine also i can get ping from any website! BUT when i try to go to same...
  9. Cannot see router (192.168.0.1) but can ping ok

Cannot see router (192.168.0.1) but can ping ok: Having network problems. I cannot connect to my router(192.168.0.1). However I can ping the device ok. Any ideas would be appreciated. 105641
  10. Ping OK but HTTP/HTTPS (mostly) failing

Ping OK but HTTP/HTTPS (mostly) failing: Hi, I've got a Win 10 64 bit desktop PC. It's my workhorse and has been working fine. Recent changes: we moved our phone line and I started getting signal drop-out. My old NIC had no new drivers so we upgraded both the router and the wifi card moving from 802.2g to ac...