Windows 10: Connection reset?

Discus and support Connection reset? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has been having issues. I had to do a complete reset because it got so bad. It wouldn't stay logged into my Microsoft account. Ine drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WorldEater19, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Connection reset?

My computer has been having issues. I had to do a complete reset because it got so bad. It wouldn't stay logged into my Microsoft account. Ine drive wouldnt stay logged in and out always said I wasnt connected to the internet when I tried to log back in even though my wifi was working fine on my other devices. So I reset it and I'm installing the updates to get back to the version I had. And my internet wont work. Bing will open but when I try to look something up, a page pops up that says "hmmm...cant reach this page the connection was reset". This happens with any website.

My current update has me at windows 10 1909.

:)

WorldEater19, Aug 11, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    I have to constantly reset connection,Internet disconnects frequently,attaching Wlan Report

Hi
    Ashita,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your internet connection keeps on disrupting. It is possible that your
    drivers are outdated, TCP/IP
    needs to be reset/reconfigure, or the issue is within your internet connection itself. We suggest that you perform these
    methods of troubleshooting and let us know if you notice any changes:

Method 1: Network and Internet Troubleshooter.

To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run
      the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections

• Network Adapter

• Incoming Connections

Method 2: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh
        int
        ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your
    WiFi connection.

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh
        int
        tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp
        set global
        autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp set global
        rss=enabled

We'll be waiting for your updates regarding the issue.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Connection reset?

Cortana Won't Connect

Hi,

To better assist you, what are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Have you tried
    resetting and re-configuring
    your
    TCP/IP Settings? If not, we suggest that you do so. Kindly perform these
    methods of troubleshooting and check if Cortana can connect to the internet after performing these methods:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your Network Connection.

Method 2:
    Reconfigure TCP/IP

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Connection reset?

1. Connection reset? - Similar Threads - Connection reset

2. Connected No Internet, Can’t Reset PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected No Internet, Can’t Reset PIN: HP All in One on Windows 11My computer says connected no internet to every network. I’ve tried restarting and plugging it into the WiFi tower directly.After restarting it a few times it said it needed me to reset the PIN, which can’t be done without Internet. I tried using...
  3. Connected No Internet, Can’t Reset PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected No Internet, Can’t Reset PIN: HP All in One on Windows 11My computer says connected no internet to every network. I’ve tried restarting and plugging it into the WiFi tower directly.After restarting it a few times it said it needed me to reset the PIN, which can’t be done without Internet. I tried using...
  4. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password: Opened up an old laptop I haven't used in a couple of years. I've forgotten the password. I'm trying to use the "forgot password" option, but the laptop needs to be online. I've opened up the networks icon at the bottom right, but neither my home wifi nor my phone hotspot...
  5. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password: Opened up an old laptop I haven't used in a couple of years. I've forgotten the password. I'm trying to use the "forgot password" option, but the laptop needs to be online. I've opened up the networks icon at the bottom right, but neither my home wifi nor my phone hotspot...
  6. Connecting old laptop to wifi, to be able to reset password

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do: Pls help I cannot connect to my network and it says no internet connected This happened after a netsh winsock reset What should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-netsh-winsock-reset-i-am-not-able-to/a7ae72e4-6d53-4182-9968-b6a912fb38bb
  8. After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do

After a netsh winsock reset I am not able to connect to the internet what should I do: Pls help I cannot connect to my network and it says no internet connected This happened after a netsh winsock reset What should I do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-a-netsh-winsock-reset-i-am-not-able-to/a7ae72e4-6d53-4182-9968-b6a912fb38bb
  9. Computer not connecting to wifi during factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not connecting to wifi during factory reset: I am using a windows 11 laptop, and I tried to factory reset my laptop to remove unwanted files. However, after the computer has finished resetting it says I need to connect to a network to continue setting up my device. After connecting to a network, and it says it’s...
  10. Computer not connecting to wifi during factory reset

Computer not connecting to wifi during factory reset: I am using a windows 11 laptop, and I tried to factory reset my laptop to remove unwanted files. However, after the computer has finished resetting it says I need to connect to a network to continue setting up my device. After connecting to a network, and it says it’s...