Windows 10: Connection start at 300 mbps and drop at 50

Discus and support Connection start at 300 mbps and drop at 50 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello i got a basic / good pc for gaming and my connection is usually good But the only problème is that when i boot my pc, my connection goes 300 mbps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alisammm, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Connection start at 300 mbps and drop at 50

Hello i got a basic / good pc for gaming and my connection is usually good But the only problème is that when i boot my pc, my connection goes 300 mbps (descendant) , but after a good 30 minutes , it drop at 50 mbps :/ i now that the problem is not in the wifi card because i got the same problem on all of them that i use to finish you need to know that all my family have there connection to 300 mbps or more so the problème is on my pc

What i think is that i got a program who block my connection (but how do i know which one it is ?) i did a full check on viruses with windows defenders but i got nothing If there is not any solution i am just going to do a formatting on my ssd any help will be helpful thank you !

submitted by /u/alisammm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alisammm, Feb 16, 2021
  2. DJWIN10 Win User

Installed Windows 10 -Ethernet connection to Laptop now only has 25 mbps - Modem itself has 300 mbps

I have a new notebook laptop and connected via Ethernet cable to a modem. Using a Cat 6 cable. Modem is set to receive 300 mbps, but when I do a latency test the laptop is only at 25 mbps. Cable servicer tested modem and it's receiving 300. HP said
    Windows 10 is still having a lot of problems and is the source of my slow downloads. Does anyone know of new drivers that will fix this problem so do you think I should revert back to Windows 8.1?

DJWIN10, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Windows 10 w/ Comcast Giganet Service getting only 250 Mbps

I seem to have similar problem. I have an optical connection and I am paying for a service called 300/300 which means 300 Mbps download and 300 Mbps upload. When I ran speedtest on my Windows 10 Pro desktop I used to get those speeds and sometimes even higher. At some point it changed to very poor upload speeds, the latest speedtest reported 216/5. My Netgear router has a built in Ookla speedtest and when I use that it shows 334/269. Also my laptop which runs Window 10 Pro Fast version and is wired to the same router shows much better results. Even a Samsung tablet connected by Wi-Fi to this router, speedtest comes back with way better results. I am pretty sure the problem is Windows 10 Pro.

I am not using any special anti-virus program, just Windows Defender. When Speedtest starts the upload test it jumps up to around 1Gbps then quickly drops down to almost 1Mbps before coming back to around 5-10 Mbps. Any suggestions?

Ak

alkaufmann, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Shong50 Win User

Connection start at 300 mbps and drop at 50

URGENT- WIFI Slows Down from 700 Mbps to 0.5-50 Mbps after Windows 10 Update

I signed up the 1000 Mbps ultra high speed Cox Internet. I have connected it via Netgear Nighthawk X4S, AC3200 WIFI Cable Modem Router, certified by Cox for Multi-Gig Speed internet. It is the latest DOCSIS 3.1, capable of up to 10 Gbps. The speed is
    970Mbps when Cox technician came to check with their meter directly connected to the Modem Router.

I used to be able to get up to 500-700 Mbps in early 2020 before I install the May-Jun Windows 10 Update. Now I am struggling for 70-170 Mbps. And it is NOT stable, it will reliably dropped to 0.5-50 Mbps after using the computer for 10-60 minutes. I
    have to reboot the computer 2-4 times for the Windows 10 to regain to 80-170 Mbps. It feels like there is a spy working in the background of Windows 10 and steal the resources, or trying to hijack the Windows 10 machine to do some other tasks for someone
    else. This is after I have turned off the sharing of the PC for Windows 10 to share my PC resources with others for downloading updates. I have also turn off all the Startup List practically all the programs and application in the Task Manager. The only
    ones running at start up are: Intel driver Support and Assistant Tray, Webroot SecureAnywhere, HP notification, Windows Security notification icon. Nothing else.

My HP Spectre 360 and Elitebook are with Intel Dual Band Wireless AC8265. Updated to Driver date 1/1/2020, Driver Version 20.70.16.4.

Can someone with good connection to Microsoft Tech Support report this issue to Microsoft? Make them aware of this terrible situation. I am a Microsoft stock holder and Windows 10 supporter, but very unhappy with the WIFI mess. This seems to be a perpetual
    problem - After every Windows 10 Update, the WIFI speed always dropped to barely usable, and requires numerous restarts to bring back some speed. Then there seems to be always someone hidding behind in the computer to hijack the WIFI to barely crawling, even
    with a the latest Netgear Cable modem/WIFI router built into the same unit, without any possible loss of performance. Your help will benefit the community tremendously!!

Before Microsoft resolves this issue, can someone with expert knowledge help resolve this issue?

Thank you very much in advance!!

Shong50, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Connection start at 300 mbps and drop at 50

1. Connection start at 300 mbps and drop at 50 - Similar Threads - Connection start 300

2. very slow wired speeds on pc, wifi is 300+mbps and wired is 84mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    very slow wired speeds on pc, wifi is 300+mbps and wired is 84mbps: I am using a hardwire connection and my speed wired is 84mbps 48ms ping. Wi-Fi is 220mbps, Xbox Series X is 989mbps wired 68ms ping, why is my pc so slow? I have Xfinity service 1Gbps, tech was just hear and signal strength is great. If i hard wire to a Xfinity Pod i get...
  3. very slow wired speeds on pc, wifi is 300+mbps and wired is 84mbps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    very slow wired speeds on pc, wifi is 300+mbps and wired is 84mbps: I am using a hardwire connection and my speed wired is 84mbps 48ms ping. Wi-Fi is 220mbps, Xbox Series X is 989mbps wired 68ms ping, why is my pc so slow? I have Xfinity service 1Gbps, tech was just hear and signal strength is great. If i hard wire to a Xfinity Pod i get...
  4. Apps on Windows 11 drop to 0.1 mbps

Apps on Windows 11 drop to 0.1 mbps: Apps tend to use only 0.1 mbps of my internet connection at random times my internet plan is 10 mbps, ive ran various antivirus scans but it doesnt detect nothingI'm running a system with a Asus motherboard, a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Zen 2 CPU with Windows 11 Pro 22H2 build...
  5. Apps on Windows 11 drop to 0.1 mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps on Windows 11 drop to 0.1 mbps: Apps tend to use only 0.1 mbps of my internet connection at random times my internet plan is 10 mbps, ive ran various antivirus scans but it doesnt detect nothingI'm running a system with a Asus motherboard, a AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Zen 2 CPU with Windows 11 Pro 22H2 build...
  6. Ethernet speed suddenly went from 300 mbps to 0.4 mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed suddenly went from 300 mbps to 0.4 mbps: Until today everything was fine but today suddenly my computer won’t get more than 0.4mbps. I checked on my phone and laptop and they still get between 250mbps - 300mbps. I tried to do everything I know but nothing worked, its so bad that I couldn’t even send this question...
  7. Ethernet speed suddenly went from 300 mbps to 0.4 mbps

Ethernet speed suddenly went from 300 mbps to 0.4 mbps: Until today everything was fine but today suddenly my computer won’t get more than 0.4mbps. I checked on my phone and laptop and they still get between 250mbps - 300mbps. I tried to do everything I know but nothing worked, its so bad that I couldn’t even send this question...
  8. Ethernet speed suddenly went from 300 mbps to 0.4 mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. my ethernet speed used to be 500 mbps up 300 mbps up now im lucky if i can get 50

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my ethernet speed used to be 500 mbps up 300 mbps up now im lucky if i can get 50: my pc seems to be capping my wifi speeds. It happens randomly i tryed speed and duplex but nothing my drivers are up to date in on the latest version of windows and i rally dont know what to do....
  10. URGENT- WIFI Slows Down from 700 Mbps to 0.5-50 Mbps after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    URGENT- WIFI Slows Down from 700 Mbps to 0.5-50 Mbps after Windows 10 Update: I signed up the 1000 Mbps ultra high speed Cox Internet. I have connected it via Netgear Nighthawk X4S, AC3200 WIFI Cable Modem Router, certified by Cox for Multi-Gig Speed internet. It is the latest DOCSIS 3.1, capable of up to 10 Gbps. The speed is 970Mbps when Cox...