Windows 10: connection though a desktop switch

Discus and support connection though a desktop switch in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a laptop that just stopped connecting through switches. It will connect directly to I.P. devices but not through a switch. I have tried many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Egarrett, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Egarrett Win User

connection though a desktop switch

I have a laptop that just stopped connecting through switches. It will connect directly to I.P. devices but not through a switch.

I have tried many switches and cables and even another USB NIC, all produce the same result, even the second NIC. My other laptop same type works with all the other switches and cables no problem. Have rebooted many times, tried other networks, run diags, checked for driver updates. Nothing. After rebooting sometimes it lets maybe 1 of 4 pings through one time and then stops returning pings altogether.

Any thought would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Egarrett, Aug 13, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. DonLandry Win User
    Connect my iPhone XR to Windows 10 desktop

I need to connect to iTunes to backup iPhone contents and sync my iPhone XR with new purchases from the Store to my Windows 10 desktop. According to Apple, the Windows 10 desktop must be Unlocked in order for
    iTunes to update and sync to my iPhone XR.

I get the message "Trust This Computer? Your settings and data will be accessible from this computer when connected wirelessly or using a cable." when I connect the iPhone to my Windows 10 desktop via usb
    cable.

My specifications are:

• iTunes Version 12.10.7.3.
    • iPhone XR iOS version 13.3.1. Version 13.5 available.
    • Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4497165).
    I have tried previous suggestions:

Any suggestions?

DonLandry, Aug 13, 2020
  4. connection though a desktop switch

Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

connection though a desktop switch

1. connection though a desktop switch - Similar Threads - connection though desktop

2. Desktop switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop switch: I created a second desktop from the taskbar. In that desktop, trying to open certain applications such as Edge will automatically send me back to the first desktop instead and vice versa.Is it possible to open a same application in 2 different desktops? Else, is it possible...
  3. Desktop switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop switch: I created a second desktop from the taskbar. In that desktop, trying to open certain applications such as Edge will automatically send me back to the first desktop instead and vice versa.Is it possible to open a same application in 2 different desktops? Else, is it possible...
  4. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  5. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected: Howdy. About two weeks ago, my internet to my windows 10 stopped working. I use Ubuntu 20.04 and have Windows 10 running through my Vmware 16 player. I've tried connecting NAT, Bridge, and Host with Vmware with no luck. I've even flushed the Windows system with no luck. Any...
  6. No internet though ethernet even though I'm connected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. NAS not working though network switch ?

NAS not working though network switch ?: I'm having a problem with my NAS, when the NAS was directly connected to the router, everything worked; although, when I connected the router to a network switch, then to the NAS; the NAS fails to work ? There is an option to reset the NAS, although that isn't working; also,...
  8. Simple desktop switch for network connections

Simple desktop switch for network connections: Thanks in advance to anyone who can slove this for me. I have 2 internet ethernet connections running into my PC. 1st one is my normal internet connection. 2nd a VPN service from a second router. I have 2 internet ports and both are active (mobo EVGA Z97 Classified)...
  9. Virtual desktop switch

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual desktop switch: win+tab opens virtual desktop switch ... but by repeated press it again disappears instead of continuing to next desktop :/ do you know how to advance to next desktop ? by keyboard not by pointing cursor over 2nd desktop ??? (win+tab+1 .... did not worked) alt+tab -...
  10. Desktop switch to taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop switch to taskbar: I have the problem of applications or games switching off to taskbar suddenly. I am running the latest Windows 10 Creator update. Can this be a hardware fault? Any help highly appreciated. 97034