Windows 10: Connection to device failed

Discus and support Connection to device failed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Can someone please help?? Device Manager "sees" my Sony Bravia but when I Cast to it, I constantly get "Connection to Device Failed" error message.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Raicsy, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Raicsy Win User

Connection to device failed

Can someone please help??

Device Manager "sees" my Sony Bravia but when I Cast to it, I constantly get "Connection to Device Failed" error message. Did the usual and updated all drivers etc to no avail.

This used to work but have not used it for over a year.

Thank you in anticipation.

:)

Raicsy, Feb 26, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 26, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Feb 26, 2019
  4. titan5800 Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Connection to device failed - Similar Threads - Connection device failed

2. when connecting to the pc says Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when connecting to the pc says Device Descriptor Request Failed: hi, my phone xiaomi MI 10 is stuck in fastboot. when connecting to the pc says Device Descriptor Request Failed, unknown device appears "device descriptor failure" when clicking on the device at events appears "Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&8979e7d&0&2 was not migrated due...
  3. Failed to connect to a windows device, some settings are managed by your organization, and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failed to connect to a windows device, some settings are managed by your organization, and...: So, I've tried basic fixes for all these by googling what I can such as editing group policy and editing the registry. After countless efforts of searching stuff up I tried to restart windows and reinstall it but for some reason there was a password required that I had no...
  4. Device descriptor failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device descriptor failed: USB 3.0 not working. Device descriptor failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-descriptor-failed/a499662c-e63b-4c6b-9e06-98e8e53c16c7
  5. my devices are failing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my devices are failing: My windows 10 is not recognizing the microphone. I really don't know what happens with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-devices-are-failing/60934eea-7add-4755-b5af-1d840091b5b9
  6. Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device

Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device: Hi, Win 10 Creator Update add feature to support unpaired Bluetooth LE Device connectivity (https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2017/P4178). I download "Bluetooth LE Explorer" from Microsoft Store and run it. On "Discover and Pair", I can find the designated device...
  7. Some Bluetooth devices may fail to pair or connect

in Windows 10 News
    Some Bluetooth devices may fail to pair or connect: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft recently rolled out a security update, and it seems many are experience issues pairing, connecting, or using certain Bluetooth devices after installing security updates. These security updates are important as they close security vulnerability by...
  8. Connected device fails reset protection after update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Connected device fails reset protection after update: My Nokia Lumia 640 RM - 1073, has been updated, however upon updation, the phone restarted to the setup application, and is revoking access due to reset protection. The device is currently linked to my Microsoft account, I can access settings in the phone, and can confirm...
  9. Not able to cast TV to computer device. Error message: Connection to Device Failed.

Not able to cast TV to computer device. Error message: Connection to Device Failed.: Can someone please help?? Device Manager "sees" my Sony Bravia but when I Cast to it, I constantly get "Connection to Device Failed" error message. Did the usual and updated all drivers etc to no avail. This used to work but have not used it for over a year. Thank you...
  10. USB Drive (Media Player) failing to show up as connected device

USB Drive (Media Player) failing to show up as connected device: I'm having just about the strangest USB issue I've ever encountered. And its driving me up the wall. [img] In the above picture I've plugged in a normal usb drive on my desktop and it shows up perfectly fine under my PC, under the device manager and in disk...