Windows 10: connection to my NAS

Discus and support connection to my NAS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hello I am running win 111110 ver 1810 pro at home. since this automatic upgrade (NOT) I cannot connect to my 2 NAS via explorer network. I can map the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WilliamBravin, Nov 23, 2018.

1. connection to my NAS

hello I am running win 111110 ver 1810 pro at home. since this automatic upgrade (NOT) I cannot connect to my 2 NAS via explorer network. I can map the drives but when i try to map the drive a windows security pops up asking for Credentials (user name and password) If i insert the username and password for my nas it will not accept the input as valid and return me to an empty form. The username and password are correct. I tries every suggestion form the internet and my tcp/ip if configured correctly. my services are configured correctly and I made the suggested changes to regedit. I have exhausted my capabilities and savoir faire what am i doing incorrectly or not doing ?

:)

WilliamBravin, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Nov 23, 2018
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Nov 23, 2018
  4. emelsom Win User

connection to my NAS

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

connection to my NAS

1. connection to my NAS - Similar Threads - connection NAS

2. connecting to my NAS issues-network credentials problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connecting to my NAS issues-network credentials problem: good morning. i have an issue with connecting to my NAS which I can not seem to correct. I am able to view the file names using File Explorer, but, when i try to open the files i run into a credentials road block. This issue has just popped up in the last two or three days....
  3. connecting to my NAS issues-network credentials problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connecting to my NAS issues-network credentials problem: good morning. i have an issue with connecting to my NAS which I can not seem to correct. I am able to view the file names using File Explorer, but, when i try to open the files i run into a credentials road block. This issue has just popped up in the last two or three days....
  4. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives: I can no longer access NAS devices. I have 2 NAS: Synology DS420+ and WDEX4100, that I have been using for several years, mapped to Y and Z respectively. A couple days ago, I lost connectivity. Came in to my office in the morning and the drives were gone from File Explorer. I...
  5. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives: I can no longer access NAS devices. I have 2 NAS: Synology DS420+ and WDEX4100, that I have been using for several years, mapped to Y and Z respectively. A couple days ago, I lost connectivity. Came in to my office in the morning and the drives were gone from File Explorer. I...
  6. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. AZURE AD PATHETIC cannot connect to local NAS drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AZURE AD PATHETIC cannot connect to local NAS drive: Till now we could log onto to our local NAS server from all our computers. Now comes WIndows 11 Pro with Azure AD and nothing works. We are having huge problems with this garbage Can someone help us with a fix for this...
  8. AZURE AD PATHETIC cannot connect to local NAS drive

AZURE AD PATHETIC cannot connect to local NAS drive: Till now we could log onto to our local NAS server from all our computers. Now comes WIndows 11 Pro with Azure AD and nothing works. We are having huge problems with this garbage Can someone help us with a fix for this...
  9. From Windows 11 I am unable to connect to my NAS Server Getting Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    From Windows 11 I am unable to connect to my NAS Server Getting Error: Hello Everyone Before I was able to connect to my NAS Server through File Explorer under the network tab. I would click on network and then TrueNAS and a credential box would pop up to enter my username and password. I do not have any saved credentials in credentials manager,...
  10. From Windows 11 I am unable to connect to my NAS Server Getting Error

From Windows 11 I am unable to connect to my NAS Server Getting Error: Hello Everyone Before I was able to connect to my NAS Server through File Explorer under the network tab. I would click on network and then TrueNAS and a credential box would pop up to enter my username and password. I do not have any saved credentials in credentials manager,...