Windows 10: Connection to PC on same network as my laptop

Discus and support Connection to PC on same network as my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I cannot see files on my wifes PC from my laptop. We are both on Windows 1909 mine 64 bits my wife's 32. We are using the same router. We used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mike Harrison W12, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Connection to PC on same network as my laptop

Hi,

I cannot see files on my wifes PC from my laptop. We are both on Windows 1909 mine 64 bits my wife's 32. We are using the same router. We used to be able to see each other files.

I can see and use the printer connected to my wife's PC but no files only Users containing 2 default 1 being . migrated we used to be able to see everything.

When I look at my Advanced Sharing settings Private it is set to Turn off network discovery and Turn on file and printer sharing. If I change these it seems to do it but when I look again they have not changed. My wife's PC says Turn on network discovery.

Also when I look further at giving access to a folder it seems to request specific people if I say everyone can I assume that that means everybody who uses that router i.e. visitors I do not object to that as I only give read access. I thought giving the device name was sufficient.

Mike Harrison

:)

Mike Harrison W12, Feb 29, 2020

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Morgoth Win User
    pc to laptop connection

hi there does anny one know how i can directly connect my laptop to my pc and send files over and my laptop also got wireles connection can i use this fuction to my pc to while there connected with a network cable?
    so this is the setup i want to have

Modem <> pc <> laptop <> (laptop wireless)
    with out using a router

Morgoth, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Connection to PC on same network as my laptop

No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Connection to PC on same network as my laptop

1. Connection to PC on same network as my laptop - Similar Threads - Connection same network

2. When I try to connect to my other laptop on the same Network By clicking NEtwork and the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to connect to my other laptop on the same Network By clicking NEtwork and the...: Both laptops are on Windows 11 Home.Both are on the same network.Both Laptops are visible on the My Network.F17 and F15this is an older i5 are my LaptopsFrom the F17 I managed to once connnect to the F15 using my Skype Username and passwordI was trying all the accounts I...
  3. When I try to connect to my other laptop on the same Network By clicking NEtwork and the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to connect to my other laptop on the same Network By clicking NEtwork and the...: Both laptops are on Windows 11 Home.Both are on the same network.Both Laptops are visible on the My Network.F17 and F15this is an older i5 are my LaptopsFrom the F17 I managed to once connnect to the F15 using my Skype Username and passwordI was trying all the accounts I...
  4. I can connect laptop with PC but cannot connect PC to laptop. It is listed on my network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can connect laptop with PC but cannot connect PC to laptop. It is listed on my network...: I can connect laptop with PC but cannot connect PC to laptop. It is listed on my network . This has not been a problem in the past https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-connect-laptop-with-pc-but-cannot-connect-pc/5aff33c6-0b7e-4177-9d60-5d1ad274efd4
  5. I can connect laptop with PC but cannot connect PC to laptop. It is listed on my network...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can connect laptop with PC but cannot connect PC to laptop. It is listed on my network...: I can connect laptop with PC but cannot connect PC to laptop. It is listed on my network . This has not been a problem in the past https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-connect-laptop-with-pc-but-cannot-connect-pc/5aff33c6-0b7e-4177-9d60-5d1ad274efd4
  6. Is there a way to make a Shared folder between PC and laptop connected to the same network?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to make a Shared folder between PC and laptop connected to the same network?: So I would like to make a folder and share it between my laptop and my PC and exchange files through it when they are both connected to the same network. For instance I noticed I can share links in Chrome by highlighting them and clicking send to device where I can choose my...
  7. Connection to PC on same router as my laptop

Connection to PC on same router as my laptop: Hi, I cannot see files on my wifes PC from my laptop. We are both on Windows 1909 mine 64 bits my wife's 32. We are using the same router. We used to be able to see each other files. I can see and use the printer connected to my wife's PC but no files only Users containing...
  8. connect to tv in the same network

connect to tv in the same network: how to connect my disk top to tv in the same network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-to-tv-in-the-same-network/bf879256-3f07-4039-baff-aff4c25c960d
  9. Issues with connecting to my other PC on same network

Issues with connecting to my other PC on same network: I have a large file that I want to share to another machine. They are both connected on the same router both with Ethernet cables. On the PC I want to share from, I installed the SMB protocol which fixed the issue of not being able to see the devices at all in the network tab...
  10. connect PC in the same network?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect PC in the same network?: Please help me to connect two computers to each other using Parallels. They both are running Windows 10 and are on the same network. The first of the computers is showing in the network of the second but the second is not showing in the first....