Windows 10: Connection to PC on same router as my laptop

Discus and support Connection to PC on same router as my laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I cannot see files on my wifes PC from my laptop. We are both on Windows 1909 mine 64 bits my wife's 32. We are using the same router. We used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mike Harrison W12, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Connection to PC on same router as my laptop

Hi,

I cannot see files on my wifes PC from my laptop. We are both on Windows 1909 mine 64 bits my wife's 32. We are using the same router. We used to be able to see each other files.

I can see and use the printer connected to my wife's PC but no files only Users containing 2 default 1 being . migrated we used to be able to see everything.

When I look at my Advanced Sharing settings Private it is set to Turn off network discovery and Turn on file and printer sharing. If I change these it seems to do it but when I look again they have not changed. My wife's PC says Turn on network discovery.

Also when I look further at giving access to a folder it seems to request specific people if I say everyone can I assume that that means everybody who uses that router i.e. visitors I do not object to that as I only give read access. I thought giving the device name was sufficient.

I posted this earlier is marked as having a reply but you are investigating that responder I think

Mike Harrison

:)

Mike Harrison W12, Mar 1, 2020
  2. Morgoth Win User

pc to laptop connection

hi there does anny one know how i can directly connect my laptop to my pc and send files over and my laptop also got wireles connection can i use this fuction to my pc to while there connected with a network cable?
    so this is the setup i want to have

Modem <> pc <> laptop <> (laptop wireless)
    with out using a router

Morgoth, Mar 1, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Connection to PC on same router as my laptop

Wifi not connecting to router network

Hi Bruce,

We would like to know more about the issue, please clarify the following:

• You mentioned that it’s only this laptop that is not able to connect to the Wi-Fi automatically, have you tried any other troubleshooting steps with the laptop before consulting us?
    • Have you checked the gateway settings of your modem/router?
    • What is the make and model of the laptop that’s having the problem?
    • Have you tried contacting your Internet Service provider regarding the issue?
    We also suggest that you try the network connection troubleshooter, click this

link
    for the article.

Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

Jeraldine Ase, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Connection to PC on same router as my laptop

1. Connection to PC on same router as my laptop - Similar Threads - Connection same router

2. When I connect my Laptop to the router, the router restarts automatically and the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I connect my Laptop to the router, the router restarts automatically and the...: When I connect my Laptop to the router, the router restarts automatically and the connection is lost. The router works fine if connected with my other laptops or android devices. Definitely there is no problem with the router according to me but whenever I connect it to the...
  3. My Windows Laptop is not connecting to my home router

My Windows Laptop is not connecting to my home router: Hello I am running into an issue where my windows 10 laptop is not connecting to my home router. In fact I am not seeing my SSIDs in the wireless networks, but I have other networks around my house showing up. I have other devices in my home which are working fine. I am...
  4. Problem Connecting Multiple Wifi Routers With Same SSID

Problem Connecting Multiple Wifi Routers With Same SSID: Hi, I lives in Pakistan, Here main BroadBand service provider is PTCL. When they install new BroadBand internet connection, they name each router's SSID as "PTCL-BB". Surely, I can change the SSID but as we go to some other place same problem exists. I need to use some...
  5. Connected pc invisible on router

Connected pc invisible on router: Hi, there are several devices that are regularly connected at differnt times on my home network, but one pc which doesn't show even though it is connected. No deliberate attempt to hide it has been made, and we can see no reason for it being hidden. It recently reappeared...
  6. Unable to connect printer to laptop wireless although connected to same router

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect printer to laptop wireless although connected to same router: When I try to configure the printer port it shows operation not supported. Therefore cannot use my printer via wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-printer-to-laptop-wireless/43ab06e6-b8d7-4e8a-add5-059523b200c0
  7. Connection to PC on same network as my laptop

Connection to PC on same network as my laptop: Hi, I cannot see files on my wifes PC from my laptop. We are both on Windows 1909 mine 64 bits my wife's 32. We are using the same router. We used to be able to see each other files. I can see and use the printer connected to my wife's PC but no files only Users containing...
  8. getting my lenova laptop to connect to my zyxel router

getting my lenova laptop to connect to my zyxel router: hi has anybody got any idea how to connect my lenova to my zyxel router. am looking for the security key so I can connect but cannot access it. can anybody help. its my first laptop that I bought this Christmas. thank you....
  9. Can't connect to my router

Can't connect to my router: Everything seems to work fine with my router. Internet, email, wifi etc. all are working but today I noticed I can't connect to my router using 192.168.1.1 I check ipconfig and that is the gateway and what I've always used. I've changed nothing since last week when it was...
  10. Can't connect to my router

Can't connect to my router: Everything seems to work fine with my router. Internet, email, wifi etc. all are working but today I noticed I can't connect to my router using 192.168.1.1 I check ipconfig and that is the gateway and what I've always used. I've changed nothing since last week when it was...