Windows 10: Connection to VMWare guest unstable

Discus and support Connection to VMWare guest unstable in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Can anybody tell me what on earth is going on here? I've got a VMWare guest (Linux Mint 17.2 KDE, 64 bit, running on VMWare Workstation 11) with Samba... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by altae, Sep 17, 2015.

1. altae Win User

Connection to VMWare guest unstable

Can anybody tell me what on earth is going on here? I've got a VMWare guest (Linux Mint 17.2 KDE, 64 bit, running on VMWare Workstation 11) with Samba shares. Access from the Host as well as other devices in the LAN always worked flawlessly. But all of a sudden it has stopped working. The connection from the host to the guest is unstable at best but mostly not possible at all. I cannot even ping the guest. But what's strange is the fact that I can access the shares from my phone and I can also ping the guest from my phone. But it's also not possible to ping the host from the guest, even if I disable the hosts firewall. What can possibly be the reason for this?

Here is some info about the network:

- Router IP: 192.168.1.1 (FritzBox 7490)
    - Host IP: 192.168.1.151
    - Guest IP: 192.168.1.163 (bridged, gets the IP from the router)

P.S. It's no homegroup, it's an "ordinary" Windows network.

:)

altae, Sep 17, 2015

2. Cannot make use of LifeCam Studio in Desktop under Windows 10 ? (in VMWare Workstation 12)

I know what happen now. Since I use the camera inside VMWare Workstation 12 i.e. I install Win 10 inside VMWare Workstation 12 and connect the lifecam studio to the guest Win 10.

When I connect the cam to host Win 10, everything work fine. My question now is:

why the camera app in the guest Win 10 work properly but the translator app not ? I understand if both app not able to use the camera, but why camera app work fine in guest Win 10 but translator app not ? Thanks.

Regds

LAM Chi-fung, Sep 17, 2015
  3. purchase license upgrade from windows 7 to 10 since if I upgrade now, VM will run only in Windows 10 host PC

I plan to buy a MacBook Pro in Fall 2016.

I want to have Windows 10 guest as Vmware VM...in the above host Mac(Vmware Fusion)... currently is Windows 7 guest on Vmware Player on my Windows 10 host PC.

well I have to purchase license upgrade from windows 7 to 10 since if I upgrade now,
    VM will run only in Windows 10 host PC...?

Lse123polis, Sep 17, 2015
Thema:

Connection to VMWare guest unstable

1. Connection to VMWare guest unstable - Similar Threads - Connection VMWare guest

2. Unstable internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unstable internet connection: Hi all, since a few month i got an issue on my computer. When i'm downloading a file on any browser I tested Chrome, edge, and Brave after a few Mb the DL is stopped and it says that there is a network error or it goes down to 0 B/s and doesnt dl anymore. i have to try...
  3. Unstable wifi connection

Unstable wifi connection: My wifi connection is constantly unstable since the august update with segments of no internet every other 30 seconds to a minute despite the wifi connection appearing as strong during these segments. Originally, it was worse - but after turning off the option for the adapter...
  4. Internet connection unstable.

Internet connection unstable.: The internet connection on my Lenovo ideapad L340-15IRH Gaming has been unstable since mid august after the update, the internet signal is always displayed as strong however the internet connection would be unstable with a few seconds of no internet with intervals of 5-30...
  5. Unstable WiFi connection

Unstable WiFi connection: My Dell Inspiron14 is one of 3 laptops connected to my WiFi system and has a problem with the connection to the router. The other laptops are fine, so it is not a router problem. After operating fine for 10 minutes or 50 minutes irregular, my laptop shows that the WiFi...
  6. Unstable Bluetooth connectivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unstable Bluetooth connectivity: Every time I restart or wake my laptop from sleep mode, either one or both my Bluetooth devices Microsoft Modern Keyboard with Fingerprint and Logitech MX 2S Mouse are not recognized by the OS, forcing me to turn Bluetooth off and on again to make them recognizable. Sometimes...
  7. Guest Operating Systems on Vmware Workstation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Guest Operating Systems on Vmware Workstation: I have 64-bit Windows 10 on my computer. The CPU is Intel B960 no virtualization. I want to run 32-bit Windows 10 on Vmware Workstation 15. Every time I try to do it Vmware Workstation informs me that... 'This host does not support Intel VT-x. This host does not support...
  8. Unstable Connection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unstable Connection: Using W10 1909 lastest KB i cant run a stable connection with this internet adapter TL-WN8200ND V2 I've tried everything and i think this is a incompatibility issue. Already used it with W7 with a stable connection. submitted by /u/Meffecter [link] [comments]...
  9. Unstable LAN connection

Unstable LAN connection: Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, but in the desperate search for some help and answers, I hope somebody here can help me. Google seams hopeless at this point. I have a server running Windows 10 Pro. All my other devices on my LAN works without any problem. I don't know where...
  10. Guest OSs In VMWare Workstation 12 Crash or Freeze

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Guest OSs In VMWare Workstation 12 Crash or Freeze: Hello all, Im having an interesting issue where it seems like any guest OS I install into VMWare crashes or freezes shortly after being powered on. Right now I have a Windows 8.1 x64 VM and a Fedora Workstation 25 x64 VM and they both lock up on me. I have no idea whats...