Windows 10: Connection to wifi keeps getting shut down

Discus and support Connection to wifi keeps getting shut down in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I installed Windows 10 with bootcamp on a MacBook Pro 2017 (16go RAM, Intel i7, High Sierra 10.13). It worked perfectly until yesterday when the wifi... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pixel001, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Connection to wifi keeps getting shut down

I installed Windows 10 with bootcamp on a MacBook Pro 2017 (16go RAM, Intel i7, High Sierra 10.13). It worked perfectly until yesterday when the wifi started disconnecting on its own every x minutes.

It started cutting more and more frequently and then saying "can't connect to this network" when trying to reconnect, now my home network doesn't even appear in the list (other random networks are still there). It's definitely a windows problem since it works perfectly when I boot on osx (also no problem on our other devices)

I tried what solutions I found online (power management of the network adaptater, checking for updates, rebooting 10 times, disabling all network adaptaters except the bootcamp one, etc) and nothing works. Since macs don't have an ethernet port anymore, I can't go download drivers online, or launch the Apple Software Updates.

Why did it stop working for no reason and how can it be fixed ? If anyone knows it would help me keep my sanity, thank you.

submitted by /u/pixel001
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pixel001, Jul 5, 2020

2. Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 5, 2020
  3. edge keeps shutting down

Hi Darrell,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if the Edge works fine:

Method 1:

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option
    of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Edge.
    • Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    Method 2:

If you are using any Proxy connection, then try disabling the proxy connection and check.

Follow the steps to disable proxy:

• Click the Settings icon at the top right corner in internet explorer.

• Click the Tools
                button, and then click Internet Options.

• Click the
                Connections
                tab, and then click LAN settings.

• Uncheck the box next to “proxy server for your LAN”.

• Click on OK to save the setting and close window.
    Now check the issue by opening Edge.

Method 3:

Follow the below steps:

•Open PowerShell as administrator.

•Run the command

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jul 5, 2020
  4. mc7791 Win User

Connection to wifi keeps getting shut down

Wifi keeps shutting off on its own

Recently had to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10. I network connections I set the wifi network to always connect. However of the computer is shut down or goes into sleep mode the wifi shuts down. I have set the network card to not shut off to save power. Our pc is a desktop and it has a wired connection. It also has a wireless card. I dont know of that is causing an issue. The same network card seems to be controlling both ethernet and wifi connections. No matter how many times I set our wifi network to automatically connect it shuts down. Sometimes even at random. The issue may be the router. I appreciate any help. Thank you

mc7791, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Connection to wifi keeps getting shut down

1. Connection to wifi keeps getting shut down - Similar Threads - Connection wifi keeps

2. My WiFi keeps shutting down. Is this a symptom of a virus?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My WiFi keeps shutting down. Is this a symptom of a virus?: Hello,I have Windows 10 and a WiFi set up in my home that has worked very well for years until these past two weeks. I've noticed that several times a day my Internet shuts down on my laptop, yet my Smart TV, which runs on the same home WiFi, still continues to work. I'm...
  3. My WiFi keeps shutting down. Is this a symptom of a virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My WiFi keeps shutting down. Is this a symptom of a virus?: Hello,I have Windows 10 and a WiFi set up in my home that has worked very well for years until these past two weeks. I've noticed that several times a day my Internet shuts down on my laptop, yet my Smart TV, which runs on the same home WiFi, still continues to work. I'm...
  4. Computer keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps shutting down.: I've had this computer for about a year and a half, it has random shutdowns and I've been unable to identify the source of the problem: Operating System: Windows 10 Pro-64-bit Processor: Intel® Core™ i9-9900K Processor Motherboard: ASUS PRIME Z390-P Memory: 32 GB [8 GB...
  5. My laptop's wifi keeps shutting down (info in comments).

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop's wifi keeps shutting down (info in comments).: [IMG] submitted by /u/hiinevitableimtony [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gbepmi/my_laptops_wifi_keeps_shutting_down_info_in/
  6. repeatable Ethernet death when shutting down with WiFi connected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    repeatable Ethernet death when shutting down with WiFi connected: without fail, when i am connected to a WiFi AP away from the home office, whether ethernet is connected as well or not\*, when the computer comes back up, Ethernet flat out does not work properly for any application DESPITE being able to ping out to the network (LAN or WAN)....
  7. Shutting down windows 10 when connect to wifi

Shutting down windows 10 when connect to wifi: My pc is acer 574G, 5th gen, i5 (lap top) My pc was shutting down automatically after few minutes connected to personal wifi network since yesterday. What can be the reason ? Virus ? also Incidentally found a virus,(image attached). Is this virus cause the my problem or...
  8. Keeps Shutting Down

Keeps Shutting Down: Hi, For about 3 days my laptop keeps shutting down on it;s own. I have tried several ways to stop it: REGEDIT Windows Defenders Scans Antivirus Scans (McAfee) and Microsoft Safety Scanner None of them have founds anything in the system. How can I fix this problem?...
  9. laptop keeps deleting wifi drivers when shut down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop keeps deleting wifi drivers when shut down: Hi, I own a V110-15ISK Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 80TL anyways here is the problem: It all started when my usb ports malfunctioned, the device was sent back to Lenovo for repairs. Lenovo repaired the problem and sent the device back to me. The usb ports now work, which is...
  10. PC keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Support
    PC keeps shutting down: My win 10 pc keeps shutting down when left inactive for any length of time. I have checked the power options page, see screenshot [img] Is there anything here that I need to change? Thanks in advance. I have just disabled hybrid sleep to see if this solves the...