Windows 10: Connection to Windows Update Services

Discus and support Connection to Windows Update Services in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I cannot get any Windows updates and get the following message when I try: error encountered: "We couldn't connect tot he update service. We'll try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EricWall, Apr 1, 2020.

1. EricWall Win User

Connection to Windows Update Services

I cannot get any Windows updates and get the following message when I try: error encountered: "We couldn't connect tot he update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet." With private tech support help, we manually downloaded all windows updates to version ?1909 most current Windows 10 version. I am connected to the Internet for every program on my PC. I know many others have encountered this and have tried almost every solution written. I've used the troubleshooter which hasn't resolved anything. This is what I get in the report:

IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdates: IsPostback: False

WaaSMedicService: Issue found by :NoUsoScanPlugin

IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdates: IsPostback: True

Service Status: Problem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started. More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2182

None of this means anything to me. Any suggestions?

Thanks. I would like to get regular Windows updates automatically as I have checked that box.

Thanks,

Eric

:)

EricWall, Apr 1, 2020
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Apr 1, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) Release Dates

The guys over at Neowin.net have managed to get their hands on the internal schedule for the release of Windows XP Service Pack 3.

• April 14, 2008: Support is available for the release version of Service Pack 3 for Windows XP
    • April 21, 2008: Original Equipment Manufacturers, Volume License, Connect, and MSDN and TechNet subscribers
    • April 29, 2008: Microsoft Update, Windows Update, Download Center
    • June 10, 2008: Automatic Updates
    Source: Neowin.net

malware, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Connection to Windows Update Services

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Connection to Windows Update Services

1. Connection to Windows Update Services - Similar Threads - Connection Update Services

2. Windows update can't connect to the update service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update can't connect to the update service: Been up, down, round and round, but nowhere can I find the help I needCBS LOG: error 0x80072F8FWindows Update log: WindowsUpdate.20231103.090809.587.46.etl can't upload...
  3. Windows update can't connect to the update service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update can't connect to the update service: Been up, down, round and round, but nowhere can I find the help I needCBS LOG: error 0x80072F8FWindows Update log: WindowsUpdate.20231103.090809.587.46.etl can't upload...
  4. Windows update can't connect to the update service

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows cant connect to update service

windows cant connect to update service: windows cant connect to update service, how to fix. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cant-connect-to-update-service/fb6f5d18-5957-46e5-805e-da7e8be0b062
  6. Cannot connect to Windows update services

Cannot connect to Windows update services: My computer will not update because it won't connect to the update services. Troubleshoot doesn't find anything. The computer really needs to be updated. I feel like I have tried everything....
  7. Cannot connect to Windows update services

Cannot connect to Windows update services: My computer will not update because it won't connect to the update services. Troubleshoot doesn't find anything. The computer really needs to be updated. I feel like I have tried everything....
  8. Cannot connect to Windows update service.

Cannot connect to Windows update service.: I am in the process of updating two Windows PCs simultaneously, on the same desktop and using the same network connection. My Laptop is downloading and installing updates from the Windows Update Service. But my desktop computer has a problem connecting to the update service,...
  9. Windows update can't connect to service

Windows update can't connect to service: Error message: "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet." I disabled the firewall to make sure it's not an issue. This is the generated...
  10. Cannot connect to the windows update service

Cannot connect to the windows update service: After i have updated my windows 10 home to 1903 update after that when ever i try to update windows it says Cannot connect to the windows update service.I have ran the troubleshooter but it does nothing....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ispostback is false

2. >ispostback_rc_pendingupdates

3. waasmedicservice Issues remediated by :NoUsoScanPlugin

4. IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdates