Windows 10: Connection was reset when visiting some pages

Discus and support Connection was reset when visiting some pages in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; It says I "couldn't reach this page, the connection was reset" when visiting some pages both on Edge and Chrome. This happens when I try to visit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kilfry, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Kilfry Win User

Connection was reset when visiting some pages

It says I "couldn't reach this page, the connection was reset" when visiting some pages both on Edge and Chrome.

This happens when I try to visit http://www.japaneseverbconjugator.com/ by typing in the address bar, or by clicking it from favorites. Another website was duome.eu but it loads just fine now.

Refresh button don't work, but when trying to go to the page through google search or other website first, it works. Could it be because the connection to the site isn't secure? Not https

:)

Kilfry, Nov 20, 2020

2. Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below given steps and check if issue is resolved.

• Open Microsoft Edge browser home page.
    • Click on Customize on the Home page
    • Select the particular category to watch the specific suggestion.
    Also follow the below given steps and check if that answers your query.

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More action(…) on left most corner.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Top sites and suggested content under Open New tabs with
    • Open new tab to check if it shows the Most visited website.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Nov 20, 2020
  3. DougMarvy Win User
    Sorting the Edge's frequently visited sites

Thanks for the time, Parth. You explain how to show the most visited sites. This I know. I've asked how to sort them, , and you do not address my question.

DougMarvy, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Connection was reset when visiting some pages

Cannot securely connect to this page

Hi MHeff,

This issue is quite unclear and incomplete to be understood by our readers.
    It is too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/concerns with connecting to a web page. To have a better understanding of your concerns, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• What is the website you're trying to connect?
    • Have you visited this website before?
    • What is the web browser you're using?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums
    to help you phrase and compose your concerns in complete detail here in our community. In this way, the readers will get enough information that will lead them to provide you accurate resolutions.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Connection was reset when visiting some pages

1. Connection was reset when visiting some pages - Similar Threads - Connection was reset

2. Slow when visiting websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow when visiting websites: HiNo extensions why my old dell 755 takes 5 min to open a website cleared history.Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES[Original Title: slow] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-when-visiting-websites/05c45125-ee6c-4a5c-95a8-65a34a6b83bc
  3. Slow when visiting websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow when visiting websites: HiNo extensions why my old dell 755 takes 5 min to open a website cleared history.Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES[Original Title: slow] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-when-visiting-websites/05c45125-ee6c-4a5c-95a8-65a34a6b83bc
  4. Slow when visiting websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 File Explorer crash specifically when visiting the home page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer crash specifically when visiting the home page: So I used the winaero tweaker to cange the taskbar size and then restarted explorer.exe from the task manager. Nothing happened. Reverted the changes. Nothing happened. And now i am here. Asking ffor help cuz my explorer crashes on the home page on Windows 11 Build 22H2 Also...
  6. Windows 11 File Explorer crash specifically when visiting the home page

Windows 11 File Explorer crash specifically when visiting the home page: So I used the winaero tweaker to cange the taskbar size and then restarted explorer.exe from the task manager. Nothing happened. Reverted the changes. Nothing happened. And now i am here. Asking ffor help cuz my explorer crashes on the home page on Windows 11 Build 22H2 Also...
  7. Saving passwords when visiting websites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Saving passwords when visiting websites: Until recently. I was able to save and store passwords necessary to access websites I visit on a regular basis. A pop-up window would appear and I would confirm my wish to save and store the password. Not only does this pop-up window no longer appear on my screen, but I now...
  8. Saving passwords when visiting websites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving passwords when visiting websites: Until recently. I was able to save and store passwords necessary to access websites I visit on a regular basis. A pop-up window would appear and I would confirm my wish to save and store the password. Not only does this pop-up window no longer appear on my screen, but I now...
  9. Saving passwords when visiting websites

10. Problem when visiting a webpage.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem when visiting a webpage.: Hello Community : When visiting a certain webpage I have an error "Hmmm...can’t reach this page". Could you please help me to fix this ? Thank you very much....