Windows 10: Connectivity problem with some HTTPS sites on 1809

Discus and support Connectivity problem with some HTTPS sites on 1809 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. So, internet in general works fine, I can open most sites without any problems, however on some sites it would take a long time to establish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by InvictusMindless, May 15, 2019.

1. Connectivity problem with some HTTPS sites on 1809

Hello.

So, internet in general works fine, I can open most sites without any problems, however on some sites it would take a long time to establish connection, or it may even fail and time out. It affects any browser and app using https:

IE doesn't show anything, and it won't even show rotating loading circle icon in tab header,

Firefox gives me "Performing a TLS handshake",

Chrome shows "Establishing secure connection",

Firefox online installer couldn't connect to server to download installation files, etc.

Sometimes it manages to load those sites though, and it's not a problem of the sites themselves, cause they load fine on any other device or OS and only happen on 3 instances of Windows build 1809.

I tried enabling/disabling SSL and TLS in Internet Options, tried fixes for infamous chrome/CryptSvc bug, nothing helps.

:)

InvictusMindless, May 15, 2019

2. Windows 10 cannot connect to https sites

I'm using build 1607, I've clean installed windows 10 twice in the last two days, on my intel nuc6cayh. I install bitdefender which is the only program I've added. I can browse google, youtube, basically any site that uses https. all well and good.

Then I connect to windows update, in the listed updates I have

KB890830 malicious tool

KB4010250 flash

KB3213986 cumulative update

once installed and rebooted I cannot connect to youtube, google ect.

I've ran scf /SCANNOW to no avail

The computer region, time and time zone are correct

I use exactly the same software on my acer laptop and have no problems, so that rules out a router problem.

Any suggestions welcome

RobertBlackLE, May 15, 2019
  3. Can't access HTTP sites after upgrading to Win 10 from Win 7. I can access https sites fine!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your issue description it seems that you are unable to open some websites then,
    there might be a chance that the website is not compatible to Internet Explorer. So, I would suggest you to open those websites in compatibility view and see if it helps.

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Open website which is getting blocked.

• Press alt key to open tool bar.

• Now click on tools.

• Then click on Compatibility view settings.

• You will see the name of website
      under Add this website, so click on add
      to add this website.

• Close the window and restart your computer.

Try the below mentioned methods and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Method 1

If issue still persists you may try to trust those websites by following the steps mentioned below.

Step 1: Open the trusted sites

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Press the Alt key to make the tools menu visible.
    • In the menu, click Tools.
    • Now click Internet Options.
    • Go to the Security tab.
    • Select Trusted sites.
    • Click Sites.

Connectivity problem with some HTTPS sites on 1809 [​IMG]

Step 2:

Add the trusted website

• Enter the address of the website you would like to add.
    • Click Add.
    • Close the opened Trusted Sites and Internet Options
      windows.

Connectivity problem with some HTTPS sites on 1809 [​IMG]

Method 2

If issue still persist, I would suggest you to try the steps in the following Microsoft article and check if it helps.

"Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" error in Internet Explorer

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196

Disclaimer:

• The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend
      that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.
    • Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable
      it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.
    • When you perform System Restore to restore the computer to previous state, programs and updates you installed are removed.
    • After clean boot troubleshooting step, follow Step 3 in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.
    Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 15, 2019
  4. Connectivity problem with some HTTPS sites on 1809

Connection to frequently used sites

Hi,

Blocked sites and corrupted browser cache are some of the reasons that can prevent you from being able to access some websites. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • Are you using a corporate network connection?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?
    • Have your tried accessing other sites? If yes, did you encounter the same error.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you clear your Internet Explorer's browsing history, cookies, and cache to eliminate the possible cause of the error. To do this, click this

link
    and select the version of your Internet Explorer to view the appropriate steps.

We'll appreciate if you can send us and update.

Darwin Dim, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Connectivity problem with some HTTPS sites on 1809

1. Connectivity problem with some HTTPS sites on 1809 - Similar Threads - Connectivity problem HTTPS

2. ERR_CONNECTION_RESET on some sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERR_CONNECTION_RESET on some sites: I'm getting the "Hmmm… can't reach this page" error page ERR_CONNECTION_RESET on Edge, on some sites including bing, adobe community and brave. If I refresh the page a few times eventually it works. Udemy videos also load only I refresh many times. I don't know what is...
  3. ERR_CONNECTION_RESET on some sites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERR_CONNECTION_RESET on some sites: I'm getting the "Hmmm… can't reach this page" error page ERR_CONNECTION_RESET on Edge, on some sites including bing, adobe community and brave. If I refresh the page a few times eventually it works. Udemy videos also load only I refresh many times. I don't know what is...
  4. FireFox problems on some banking sites

in Browsers and Email
    FireFox problems on some banking sites: FF Ver85.01b 2 Questions: 1. For some reason some, not all, of my banking accounts (vanguard) will allow me to sign in but when I want to look at account info, all I get is a blank (grey) page. Refreshing does no good. Will work with MS EDGE on this computer, or FF on...
  5. Connectivity problems with one site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connectivity problems with one site: Can Windows 10 troubleshoot connectivity problems with a specific website? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connectivity-problems-with-one-site/e4aafec3-fb3f-447d-8f79-249206615d98
  6. I have problem with access to some sites

I have problem with access to some sites: I cannot get access to some sites. I tried to disable antivirus with the same result. This problem in only on this laptop Lenovo running Windows 10. 2004...
  7. Problems connecting to https://www.flightsimulator.com/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems connecting to https://www.flightsimulator.com/: hi to anyone who looks at this or answers it. So lately I've been looking at signing up for the Microsoft flight simulators alpha test so i could get my hand on and try the game before i think about purchasing it. when i go to this link:https://www.flightsimulator.com/ i get...
  8. Some web sites can't connect

Some web sites can't connect: My laptop cant connect the some web sites .i visit your website on my phone ,apply the given solutions ,but still my laptop cant connect to the internet.please give me a another solution...
  9. No Internet Connection 1809 Update Problem

No Internet Connection 1809 Update Problem: Hello all! After Update my windows to latest version 1809, when I power on my laptop and want to use internet using the browser, it says "No Internet Connection" and it doesn't work, like when I have no internet !! after that I had to Restart my windows to fix it! every time...
  10. HTTPS sites loading slow in Firefox on Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HTTPS sites loading slow in Firefox on Toshiba laptop: Hi all; I have an odd issue with Firefox & Windows 10, with accessing HTTPS websites. The sites are very very slow to load and others do not complete the load cycle. I've had this issue for months now. Just tried the newly released Firefox v50 ... same issues. Also...