Windows 10: Connectivity with Rasp Pi

Discus and support Connectivity with Rasp Pi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have just had an old Rasp Pi fail that was used to stream video from shared folders on a couple of Win 10 PCs. The protocol used was SMB (which I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James1093, May 4, 2020.

  1. James1093 Win User

    Connectivity with Rasp Pi


    Have just had an old Rasp Pi fail that was used to stream video from shared folders on a couple of Win 10 PCs. The protocol used was SMB (which I don't know much about) but it did not need passwords. I could just browse and select what was wanted.
    There is some question over the (much newer) Rasp Pi replacement which may not work on the LAN. I have to buy it first to find out for sure.
    Does anyone here have a similar setup or know if it will work, or not ?
    Many thanks.

    :)
     
    James1093, May 4, 2020
    #1
  2. user30578 Win User

    Localhost (Raspberry Pi) refuses to connect to one out of two PCs on LAN (WiFi)

    I am on my second attempt to set up a LAMP webserver (https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/lamp-web-server-with-wordpress/3) on my LAN. The first attempt was successful until I suddenly noticed that the server refused connection to my laptop (Windows 10) - it had previously connected successfully. Eventually in desperation wiped Pi and started again, testing carefully step by step. So, having connected Pi to WiFi (ping from laptop OK), the first step is install Apache2. All well, and Apache2 Debian Default page appears on Pi's browser in response to http://192.168.1.22 (Pi's IP address). As expected.

    At this stage my laptop (call it laptop1) is refused connection at that IP address. But checking on a second PC (laptop2 running XP), we connect to the Apache2 Debian Default page as expected. Laptop1, laptop2 and Pi are of course all on the same WiFi.

    I have made NO other changes to Pi or to either laptop.

    I conclude: The Apache installation is fine. The difficulty lies with laptop1.

    Can somebody please suggest how I can track this down on laptop1? Where should I start looking? Is it a setting I have inadvertently changed? Could a dll have got corrupted?

    Added later: Apache's access log shows two error codes associated with laptop1. these are 404 (not found) and 408 (Time out- sorry, previously misread 407 Proxy identification required). So why laptop1 not found?

    Thanks, John
     
    user30578, May 4, 2020
    #2
  3. Trouble seeing Raspberry Pi in Networks

    I have a Raspberry Pi that is running samba to share with the Windows network. In Run, I enter \\Raspi and it comes right up with the appropriate shares. That means the samba shares are actually there, yet when I open Networks, all my computers are there except the Raspi.

    To try to fix this:
    1. I rebooted both the Pi and my PC
    2. I double checked the samba configuration and checked it with testparm
    3. I made certain the samba and pi passwords are the same
    4. I found a list of PC services that need to be running and set them all to automatic

    Again, all my PC's and some devices like my Roku and printer are visible, just not the Pi.

    Suggestions?
     
    PickyBiker, May 4, 2020
    #3
  4. Connectivity with Rasp Pi

    Raspberry Pi Thread

    I downloaded via the pi's web browser into my home directory. So it's on the same SD card as the OS.
     
    Red_Machine, May 4, 2020
    #4
Thema:

Connectivity with Rasp Pi

Loading...
  1. Connectivity with Rasp Pi - Similar Threads - Connectivity Rasp

  2. Microsoft Confirms September Windows 11 Updates Break Always On VPN Connections

    in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms September Windows 11 Updates Break Always On VPN Connections: Microsoft has confirmed that the security updates for Windows 11 which are scheduled for September 2026 may cause Always On VPN connections to fail, leaving the affected devices unable to access corporate networks. The company mentioned the issue in a Windows release health...
  3. Unable to connect to localhost MySQL workbench

    in Windows 10 News
    Unable to connect to localhost MySQL workbench: [ATTACH]MySQL Workbench may sometimes fail to connect to a MySQL Server running on your Windows PC. You may see errors such as Unable to connect to localhost, Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘localhost’, or Error 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine...
  4. Windows 11 Is Developing a Battery Widget Showing Connected Device Levels on the Lock...

    in Windows 10 News
    Windows 11 Is Developing a Battery Widget Showing Connected Device Levels on the Lock...: Microsoft is creating a battery status widget for Windows 11, which will display the battery levels of the PC as well as those of wireless peripherals that are connected. References to the widget were first spotted in the most recent Windows 11 preview builds, but it does...
  5. Unable to connect to API (ConnectionRefused) Claude error

    in Windows 10 News
    Unable to connect to API (ConnectionRefused) Claude error: [ATTACH]If you are receiving the error message “Unable to connect to API (ConnectionRefused)” when trying to use Claude Code on your Windows 11/10 PC, this post will help you fix the issue. A few users have reported that Claude Code repeatedly displays this message when they...
  6. Cannot connect to the Internet after Reset on Windows 11

    in Windows 10 News
    Cannot connect to the Internet after Reset on Windows 11: [ATTACH]Resetting a PC gives us a chance to wipe it clean to factory settings by removing everything, or to remove apps and settings to fix issues. When errors are not fixable, or when we want to improve a PC’s performance by removing everything and reinstalling the necessary...
  7. VMware Workstation unable to connect to its ideal host controller

    in Windows 10 News
    VMware Workstation unable to connect to its ideal host controller: [ATTACH]If you are seeing VMware Workstation unable to connect to its ideal host controller, the problem is usually related to USB passthrough or the VMware USB controller inside the virtual machine. This error often appears when VMware cannot claim the USB device cleanly...
  8. WSL Localhost connection refused on Windows computer [Fix]

    in Windows 10 News
    WSL Localhost connection refused on Windows computer [Fix]: [IMG]If you get a Connection refused error while trying to access a service running in Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) through localhost, the service is either not listening correctly or Windows cannot forward the connection to WSL. The issue can also occur due to incorrect...
  9. Hyper-V failed to connect to local computer

    in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V failed to connect to local computer: [ATTACH]If Hyper-V Manager fails to connect to the local computer, you will usually see this error followed by a second line that reads Hyper-V encountered an error trying to access an object on computer because the object was not found. This points to a problem with the...
  10. How to connect LM Studio Models to VS Code

    in Windows 10 News
    How to connect LM Studio Models to VS Code: [ATTACH]In this article, we are going to learn how to connect LM Studio to VS Code. Connecting LM Studio to VS Code allows developers to use locally hosted AI models directly inside their coding workflow. How to connect LM Studio Models to VS Code? LM Studio is an application...