Windows 10: Connectivity with Rasp Pi

Discus and support Connectivity with Rasp Pi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Have just had an old Rasp Pi fail that was used to stream video from shared folders on a couple of Win 10 PCs. The protocol used was SMB (which I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by James1093, May 4, 2020.

1. James1093 Win User

Connectivity with Rasp Pi

Have just had an old Rasp Pi fail that was used to stream video from shared folders on a couple of Win 10 PCs. The protocol used was SMB (which I don't know much about) but it did not need passwords. I could just browse and select what was wanted.
    There is some question over the (much newer) Rasp Pi replacement which may not work on the LAN. I have to buy it first to find out for sure.
    Does anyone here have a similar setup or know if it will work, or not ?
    Many thanks.

:)

James1093, May 4, 2020
  2. user30578 Win User

Localhost (Raspberry Pi) refuses to connect to one out of two PCs on LAN (WiFi)

I am on my second attempt to set up a LAMP webserver (https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/lamp-web-server-with-wordpress/3) on my LAN. The first attempt was successful until I suddenly noticed that the server refused connection to my laptop (Windows 10) - it had previously connected successfully. Eventually in desperation wiped Pi and started again, testing carefully step by step. So, having connected Pi to WiFi (ping from laptop OK), the first step is install Apache2. All well, and Apache2 Debian Default page appears on Pi's browser in response to http://192.168.1.22 (Pi's IP address). As expected.

At this stage my laptop (call it laptop1) is refused connection at that IP address. But checking on a second PC (laptop2 running XP), we connect to the Apache2 Debian Default page as expected. Laptop1, laptop2 and Pi are of course all on the same WiFi.

I have made NO other changes to Pi or to either laptop.

I conclude: The Apache installation is fine. The difficulty lies with laptop1.

Can somebody please suggest how I can track this down on laptop1? Where should I start looking? Is it a setting I have inadvertently changed? Could a dll have got corrupted?

Added later: Apache's access log shows two error codes associated with laptop1. these are 404 (not found) and 408 (Time out- sorry, previously misread 407 Proxy identification required). So why laptop1 not found?

Thanks, John

user30578, May 4, 2020
  3. Trouble seeing Raspberry Pi in Networks

I have a Raspberry Pi that is running samba to share with the Windows network. In Run, I enter \\Raspi and it comes right up with the appropriate shares. That means the samba shares are actually there, yet when I open Networks, all my computers are there except the Raspi.

To try to fix this:
    1. I rebooted both the Pi and my PC
    2. I double checked the samba configuration and checked it with testparm
    3. I made certain the samba and pi passwords are the same
    4. I found a list of PC services that need to be running and set them all to automatic

Again, all my PC's and some devices like my Roku and printer are visible, just not the Pi.

Suggestions?

PickyBiker, May 4, 2020
  4. Connectivity with Rasp Pi

Raspberry Pi Thread

I downloaded via the pi's web browser into my home directory. So it's on the same SD card as the OS.

Red_Machine, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Connectivity with Rasp Pi

1. Connectivity with Rasp Pi - Similar Threads - Connectivity Rasp

2. Airpods connected mic, but no output.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods connected mic, but no output.: I've been trying to connect my Gen 2 Airpods Pro to my Windows 11 PC laptop, but I've encountered a problem. After successfully pairing and connecting the Airpods, it says Connected Mic, but nothing else. I go to output options, and there is nothing but the standard speakers...
  3. Airpods connected mic, but no output.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Airpods connected mic, but no output.: I've been trying to connect my Gen 2 Airpods Pro to my Windows 11 PC laptop, but I've encountered a problem. After successfully pairing and connecting the Airpods, it says Connected Mic, but nothing else. I go to output options, and there is nothing but the standard speakers...
  4. Driver Overran Stack Buffer BSOD when connecting Samsung TV SN90C via HDMI

Driver Overran Stack Buffer BSOD when connecting Samsung TV SN90C via HDMI: As described in the title, I keep getting this particular BSOD but only the instant I connect my Samsung TV SN90C via HDMI to my GeForce's HDMI port. My PC runs perfectly fine otherwise. I have an Acer Predator monitor connected via DisplayPort, and it's my main monitor. I'm...
  5. Driver Overran Stack Buffer BSOD when connecting Samsung TV SN90C via HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Overran Stack Buffer BSOD when connecting Samsung TV SN90C via HDMI: As described in the title, I keep getting this particular BSOD but only the instant I connect my Samsung TV SN90C via HDMI to my GeForce's HDMI port. My PC runs perfectly fine otherwise. I have an Acer Predator monitor connected via DisplayPort, and it's my main monitor. I'm...
  6. Driver Overran Stack Buffer BSOD when connecting Samsung TV SN90C via HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. can't connect a microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't connect a microphone: I use https://reverb.chat/ for testing and have managed to get my mobile phone to connect via e2eIvcam softwareI have failed to use a USB microphone.I am currently trying to use a 'jack' microphone.There is no jack socket on the PC and have lost my jack to USB adaptor have...
  8. can't connect a microphone

can't connect a microphone: I use https://reverb.chat/ for testing and have managed to get my mobile phone to connect via e2eIvcam softwareI have failed to use a USB microphone.I am currently trying to use a 'jack' microphone.There is no jack socket on the PC and have lost my jack to USB adaptor have...
  9. Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.: My Pc Shuts down on its own and sometimes it gets restart on its own.I also receive certain patches when i am using remote desktop connection. I tried changing the graphic card,ram and motherboard,and also re-installed the windows on the same system. But that didnt solve the...
  10. Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.

Kernel power shutdown error 43 and screen gets patches when using remote desktop connection.: My Pc Shuts down on its own and sometimes it gets restart on its own.I also receive certain patches when i am using remote desktop connection. I tried changing the graphic card,ram and motherboard,and also re-installed the windows on the same system. But that didnt solve the...