Windows 10: Conneted to wrong graphics card? Black screen, no mouse, please help.

Discus and support Conneted to wrong graphics card? Black screen, no mouse, please help. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Not sure where to put this, as I haven't gotten help in other forum parts, so I am putting it wherever I think it might work. Please help me, kudos to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by secretagentman, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Conneted to wrong graphics card? Black screen, no mouse, please help.

Not sure where to put this, as I haven't gotten help in other forum parts, so I am putting it wherever I think it might work. Please help me, kudos to you if you at least try.
    Computer model: Lenovo Y700
    Microsoft 10
    6th gen i7 processor
    It has 2 graphics cards:

• NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960M 2GB
    • NVIDIA® GTX 960M 4 GB GDD5

​16 gigs RAM

Ok my computer is having a problem with a black screen. This computer is brand new, arrived on the 14th. I was running World of Warships, then I closed the laptop, and when trying to re-enter, I get a black screen. Yes, I have tried shutting down. I can hear the hard drive, and can see the power button backlights, as well as keyboard backlighting. I cannot see the mouse. From reading other posts, I think it may have auto-selected the wrong graphics card. I have never used a TV or other screen with this. Please help me with this, I am a new windows user, having recently immigrated from IOS. A detailed explanation would be appreciated, because I have no idea how to do that much. Perhaps a graphics card issue?
    Apps I had installed:
    • Steam
    • Team Fortress 2
    • Opera
    • Chrome
    • Firefox
    • War Thunder
    • Heroes and Generals

I hadn't messed with any settings.

:)

secretagentman, Jan 1, 2016
  2. marien97 Win User

n97 screen gone black ?? please help

the screen on my n97 had coloured lines going through it this kept happening for a few days and then the screen went black i can still get calls etc and the touch screen still works? if i slide the phone open or close the screen sometimes goes different
    colours!!

can any one tell me whats wrong or how i can fix this please Conneted to wrong graphics card? Black screen, no mouse, please help. :(

marien97, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Graphic Card Issue in Windows 10

Would you mind sharing how you got it to work? I'm having the same issue with a black screen and flickering mouse pointer.

Jason Clishe, Jan 1, 2016
Thema:

Conneted to wrong graphics card? Black screen, no mouse, please help.

1. Conneted to wrong graphics card? Black screen, no mouse, please help. - Similar Threads - Conneted wrong graphics

2. Black Screen help please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen help please: Anyone please help me , first i got a blue screen after i go to a certain restore point then after i restart the laptop and log in it became all black with a mouse cursor. I tried to access the task manager but it says reinstall Duser.dllNext is i tried to go to a certain...
  3. Black Screen help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen help please: Anyone please help me , first i got a blue screen after i go to a certain restore point then after i restart the laptop and log in it became all black with a mouse cursor. I tried to access the task manager but it says reinstall Duser.dllNext is i tried to go to a certain...
  4. Black Screen help please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BLACK SCREEN PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BLACK SCREEN PLEASE HELP!: Today i turned on my pc as usual, but i had some troubles...[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-please-help/7fcdc8a1-13a6-44d6-8bb7-1be326d1d706
  6. Graphics card uninstall now black screen with no mouse . Help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics card uninstall now black screen with no mouse . Help!: HP laptop has had issues lately- mainly slow and typical issues but last night it suddenly was black while using it but screen on (lit) and finally said it installing updates. I had left the room but when I left it was on normal functions and when I returned it was in...
  7. Graphic Card- Black Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic Card- Black Screen.: Hello recently I bought Graphic card GT 710 DDR5 2GB that support max resolution 2160P I worked with that for a while until windows 10 1809 released then I download that and install it on my PC then going to install driver of Graphic card then screen goes black I tried...
  8. Black Screen---No Mouse---Please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen---No Mouse---Please help: Computer model: Lenovo Y700 Microsoft 10 6th gen i7 processor It has 2 graphics cards: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960M 2GB NVIDIA® GTX 960M 4 GB GDD5 ​16 gigs RAM Ok my computer is having a problem with a black screen. This computer is brand new, arrived on the 14th. I...
  9. PLEASE HELP! black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    PLEASE HELP! black screen: Hi, i have been getting a black screen even on safe mode, so basically cant do anything just, The only thing that i can do is run the troubleshoot. Im not sure why this happened, at the beginning i thought it was a problem with my gpu or some drivers, so i went in safe mode...
  10. Black screen error, no mouse, computer on, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen error, no mouse, computer on, please help: Computer model: Lenovo Y700 Microsoft 10 6th gen i7 processor It has 2 graphics cards: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960M 2GB NVIDIA® GTX 960M 4 GB GDD5 ​16 gigs RAM Ok my computer is having a problem with a black screen. This computer is brand new, arrived on the 14th....