Windows 10: Consequences of MAK licensing violation for Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Consequences of MAK licensing violation for Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi,I bought a PC in China, a Chinese seller also sells keys with a MAK license to everyone for $2. As far as I know, PC manufacturers do not have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Marched, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Marched Win User

Consequences of MAK licensing violation for Windows 10 Pro

Hi,I bought a PC in China, a Chinese seller also sells keys with a MAK license to everyone for $2. As far as I know, PC manufacturers do not have the right to sell keys for Windows separately, only pre-install them on assembled PCs. What are the consequences of such a violation? Can PC buyers lose their Windows licenses because of such a manufacturer?Thanks.

:)

Marched, Sep 18, 2021
  2. Gabe1972 Win User

MAK license?

I just bought a new mini PC that came with Windows 10 Pro. I found out that it has a MAK license, not OEM or retail. This isn't right, is it? Shouldn't a new computer that I buy that comes with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled have either an OEM or Retail
    license, not MAK? This is a computer for my home.

This is what it shows when running slmgr -dli...

Consequences of MAK licensing violation for Windows 10 Pro 887feec3-9e54-4bd5-800b-379961988e42?upload=true.jpg

I blocked out the Partial Product Key.

Thanks for your help.

Gabe1972, Sep 18, 2021
  3. TBradyOKC Win User
    Activating Windows 10 Pro with MAK key

We purchased 5 Windows 10 Pro MAK licenses from from the Microsoft Volume License site and downloaded the software. Installed yesterday on a brand new build and all went well until we tried to activated the license. To make a long story short it will not
    activate no matter what we or Microsoft's first ties support try to do. Some of the errors indicate that we are trying to input a KMS key instead of a MAK key. It has reached a point where when I click on Change Product Key or Troubleshoot nothing happens.
    I would appreciate any suggestions or advise anyone might have. Thanks in advance.

Tim

TBradyOKC, Sep 18, 2021
  4. Lukasland Win User

Windows 10 Professional - MAK Key?

Hi,

In a corporate environment, we purchase desktops and laptops with Windows 7 and 8.1 Professional OEM licenses (sticker on the box).

To speed up installation, we have previously obtained from Microsoft MAK keys for both Windows 7 Pro and Windows 8.1 Pro, and use these with answer files (unattend.xml and so on) and other deployment tools to speed up Windows installations.

As we are using the Professional editions of Windows 7 and 8.1, these are eligible for the free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.

As part of testing Windows 10 deployment, I've tried obtaining a Windows 10 Pro MAK key from various Microsoft call centres, but all tell me they can only provide one if we have a volume licensing agreement (we don't - they are all OEM licenses). The VLSC
    website's keys section just tells me to call a call centre. As above, we've previously been able to get MAK keys for earlier versions of Windows Professional editions, which again were only OEM licenses.

If we can't get a MAK key, we will have to install Windows 10 Pro manually on each machine.

Question is: is it possible to get a Windows 10 Pro MAK key in our situation?

Thanks

Lukas

Lukasland, Sep 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Consequences of MAK licensing violation for Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Consequences MAK licensing

2. Reinstall Windows with Volume MAK licensing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstall Windows with Volume MAK licensing: Hello all,I have a laptopt that came with Windows 10 pre-installed by the vendor and the type of licensing seems to be "Volume MAK" and linked to my account. Due to some issues I would like to format the computer hard drive and do a clean reinstall of Windows, but I'm not...
  3. Reinstall Windows with Volume MAK licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows with Volume MAK licensing: Hello all,I have a laptopt that came with Windows 10 pre-installed by the vendor and the type of licensing seems to be "Volume MAK" and linked to my account. Due to some issues I would like to format the computer hard drive and do a clean reinstall of Windows, but I'm not...
  4. Reinstall Windows with Volume MAK licensing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 pro open license MAK Activations Used/count

Windows 10 pro open license MAK Activations Used/count: Dear Team,We have a question about our Windows open license. We have purchased a license to open Windows 8.1 Pro for business use. currently, under the VLSC system, we are now using 195/250 as shown in the attached picture.Please tell me so we still have 55 licenses to...
  6. Windows 10 pro open license MAK Activations Used/count

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro open license MAK Activations Used/count: Dear Team,We have a question about our Windows open license. We have purchased a license to open Windows 8.1 Pro for business use. currently, under the VLSC system, we are now using 195/250 as shown in the attached picture.Please tell me so we still have 55 licenses to...
  7. Windows 10 pro open license MAK Activations Used/count

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Transferring a windows 10 volume MAK license

Transferring a windows 10 volume MAK license: So I’m building a pc and wanted to use windows 10. I have this asus laptop with a volume MAK windows 10 license and I wanted to transfer it to my new PC. Does anyone know if it’s actually possible to transfer that license?...
  9. Windows 10 Volume MAK Licensing 0/500 Seats?

Windows 10 Volume MAK Licensing 0/500 Seats?: I am looking at my Volume Licensing page at https://www.microsoft.com/Licensing/servicecenter/home.aspx# and it shows under my licensing agreement that we have multiple windows 10 MAKs with 0/500 keys, how do i find out if these are valid keys? [ATTACH]...
  10. MAK license?

MAK license?: I just bought a new mini PC that came with Windows 10 Pro. I found out that it has a MAK license, not OEM or retail. This isn't right, is it? Shouldn't a new computer that I buy that comes with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled have either an OEM or Retail license, not MAK?...