Windows 10: considerable trouble with a clean install of Windows Pro

Discus and support considerable trouble with a clean install of Windows Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I updated to W10 Professional onto a new Samsung 1TB EVO SDD. I am having chronic hang ups. unable to update to the latest 1809 patch great difficulty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by transmaster, Jul 27, 2019.

1. considerable trouble with a clean install of Windows Pro

I updated to W10 Professional onto a new Samsung 1TB EVO SDD. I am having chronic hang ups. unable to update to the latest 1809 patch great difficulty loading my browsers. what is bringing out the inner baboon is I am unable to go to safe mode with my sign in credentials, the one’s that I sign in with will not work. I have reloaded it several times with extremely mixed results. This is a full retail copy on a flash drive from Microsoft via Amazon. My computer description is up to date. I am no spring chicken doing this but this is making me look to Apple. I look at the memorial box of XP on the bookshelf and I get misty eyed. Called Microsoft for the second time in my life and they discussed monthly, and yearly tech support payments. boy this sure must be a cash Yak.

Thank God for my iPhone.

:)

transmaster, Jul 27, 2019

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Jul 27, 2019
  4. qubit Win User

considerable trouble with a clean install of Windows Pro

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

Where exactly did you get this "windows pro" key from? If it's off eBay or something, then perhaps you've been sold a dud key. Also, it's not clear if you mean you bought windows 10 pro or an earlier version of windows as there's no such thing as "windows pro".

Do you have an Windows 7 or 8.1? If so, install that, download the ISO with the media creation tool and burn it to disc. Then run it as an upgrade. After that, the components hash of your PC will give you a digital entitlement for a clean install, so just bought off that disc, wipe the partitions and install it clean. It will auto activate over the internet once installed.

qubit, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

considerable trouble with a clean install of Windows Pro

1. considerable trouble with a clean install of Windows Pro - Similar Threads - considerable trouble clean

2. Trouble after clean install of 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble after clean install of 22H2: My HP Elite x2 G8 tablet runs Windows 11 Pro 21H2 with no issues. However, the 22H2 auto update failed and rolled back so I thought I'd try a clean install using the ISO file and Media Creation Tool.The clean install worked fine except for one thing: the touch-screen numeric...
  3. Trouble after clean install of 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble after clean install of 22H2: My HP Elite x2 G8 tablet runs Windows 11 Pro 21H2 with no issues. However, the 22H2 auto update failed and rolled back so I thought I'd try a clean install using the ISO file and Media Creation Tool.The clean install worked fine except for one thing: the touch-screen numeric...
  4. WINDOWS 10 PRO CLEAN INSTALL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 PRO CLEAN INSTALL: Just a real ODD/FRUSTRATING/BAFFLING Windows 10 Pro installation glitch. Doing clean install, and Windows 10 installation gets to disk partition installation option, and says it cannot install UEFI MODE because the Partition has GPT, and to select a Partition with a MBR....
  5. trouble installing windows 10 pro

trouble installing windows 10 pro: Hello everyone, im using genuine windows 10 home and for some reason i want to upgrade to windows 10 pro so i bought windows 10 pro at Microsoft store then after my purchased i hit the install button, after i hit it its says try again. i cant upgrade to windows 10 pro. please...
  6. clean installation Windows 10 pro

clean installation Windows 10 pro: I had made a stick from the MCT but read it was for other pcs -I plan on getting one so it is not a waste. However, in looking for the best way to do a clean install of my pc with Win 10 Pro I got confused. I do not not have the 25 characters. I have an upgrade. Should I do...
  7. Windows 10 pro. clean install.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 pro. clean install.: Hi, I am running windows 10 pro. 32 bit on a HP laptop. It was a upgrade from assistive technology which I'm using. How do I do a clean install of windows 10 pro. And install a 64 bit this time. And I have a flash drive 16 GB. Will someone walk me through it please. Thanks....
  8. Windows 10 pro. clean install.

Windows 10 pro. clean install.: Hi, I am running windows 10 pro. 32 bit on a HP laptop. It was a upgrade from assistive technology which I'm using. How do I do a clean install of windows 10 pro. And install a 64 bit this time. And I have a flash drive 16 GB. Will someone walk me through it please....
  9. Windows 10 Pro clean installation

Windows 10 Pro clean installation: Hi, I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 Pro. I downloaded the Windows 10 Media Creations Tool. When choosing 'Create installation media for another PC' it doesn't give me the option to choose the Windows 10 Pro edition. It just says 'Windows 10'. I downloaded...
  10. Trouble on a Clean install of Windows 10.

Trouble on a Clean install of Windows 10.: Hi Guys, I am attempting a clean install of Windows 10 on my Hp x360 Laptop. The install goes quite well and then it restarts and boots straight to the HDD. It gets to "Getting Ready" before getting stuck. Its stays on that screen for 2 hours or so. I have restarted...