Windows 10: Consistant lag spikes every 8-10 seconds

Discus and support Consistant lag spikes every 8-10 seconds in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, longtime lurker, first time poster. I was a very early adopter of Windows 10 and had no complaints about it until just a few months... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gl0riousGr0uch, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Consistant lag spikes every 8-10 seconds

Hello all, longtime lurker, first time poster.

I was a very early adopter of Windows 10 and had no complaints about it until just a few months back. One day my desktops' my wireless network connection started getting slower and slower. This is expected with wireless, but it was so slow i started getting suspicious that comcast was throttling me. I ran a ping test and sure enough i see this.

Consistant lag spikes every 8-10 seconds [​IMG]

At the time of the screen shot its not as bad, sometimes it shoots up to 2300+ return time. The computer was running normally for the better part of a year before this happened, i cant say whether or not it started after the anniversary update.

so i hopped on my laptop and tested out the ping and i got a steady 20-30 with the occasional spike to 100+, though it was rare. I even tested out my wireless hotspot to no avail, both run the same on both networks, the desktop still spikes, the laptop still steady. I also bought a new wireless dongle for the desktop and now i'm out 60 clams and still have the same spiking issues.

I've followed everything i can find regarding spikes, from disabling p2p updates to making sure my connections arent metered to changing to config of the USB wireless dongle.I'm just spent on ideas.

Is there anything i have missed or do i have to live with this as long as i have the machine ( i should be upgrading the mobo/processor soon.)

Thank you all in advanced!

:)

Gl0riousGr0uch, Dec 4, 2016

2. Lag spikes when playing online games

Hi,i have been experience constant lag spikes on online games .I opened task manager and found that my ethernet is not stable and spikes on online games .This get frustrated when i constantly receive attempt to reconnect in a game in every 10-30sec or
    so .

JamesTiger, Dec 4, 2016
  3. LunarPRIX Win User
    My laptop is getting terrible lagspikes every 2 seconds that last 4 seconds.

Hey.

So basicly I have an Elitebook 8440p that I bought a few years ago that came with Windows 7. It ran pretty fine to be honest. Then I upgraded it straight to Windows 10. And since then my laptop has been slowing down since. Stuff not responding, everything
    is being sluggish, the internet drive, sometimes my entire laptop just crashing overall, etc. But the biggest problem I've had since upgrading to Windows 10 is that it has been having these HORRIBLE lag spikes. Now these lag spikes don't happen very often
    when I'm using the web. These mostly happen when I'm playing games on my laptop, you know those kind of major games that eat up your CPU faster than you can say "Oh shoot, I'm out of memory." apparently whenever I'm playing those kind of games that is when
    I get these horrible lag spikes the most, and I predicted that most of these spike occur every 2-6 seconds and they last for 4 seconds which is awful, and the games I play are high-paced action games. Now keep in mind my laptop still has a lot of storage space
    in it which is great. But even then whenever I'm playing these high profile games, I just get these terrible lag spikes.

So if any of you guys could give me some useful help I would greatly appreciate it. And if you have any questions feel free to leave them in the comments section.

Thanks.

LunarPRIX, Dec 4, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Consistant lag spikes every 8-10 seconds

Try downloading TCPoptimizer and running it on your slow PC. May very well help: save your current settings, then tell it to optimize. Good luck!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 5, 2016
  5. Samuria Win User
    You cant use ping as a test as what your doing is a DOS attack some devices will detect it as such and drop connection your better doing a tracert as this shows the path time and will show at what router the problem happens. You often get this if the isp has a small pipe to the area and may be fine going to another ****ry were they have a wide pipe.

If its wirless you need to know if there are any devices on the same channel as you they may effect one pc thats closer

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Consistant lag spikes every 8-10 seconds

1. Consistant lag spikes every 8-10 seconds - Similar Threads - Consistant lag spikes

2. Ping spikes every 8-9 seconds consistently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping spikes every 8-9 seconds consistently: I get massive ping spikes every 8-10 seconds using wifi I cant really access ethernet. Running 5ghz connection ipv6 100gbpsI also pinged the same address on my phone with no issues....
  3. Ping spikes every 8-9 seconds consistently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ping spikes every 8-9 seconds consistently: I get massive ping spikes every 8-10 seconds using wifi I cant really access ethernet. Running 5ghz connection ipv6 100gbpsI also pinged the same address on my phone with no issues....
  4. Ping spikes every 8-9 seconds consistently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ping spikes every 8-9 consistently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping spikes every 8-9 consistently: I get massive ping spikes every 8-10 seconds using wifi I cant really access ethernet. Running 5ghz connection ipv6 100gbpsI also pinged the same address on my phone with no issues....
  6. Ping spikes every 8-9 consistently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ping spikes every 8-9 consistently: I get massive ping spikes every 8-10 seconds using wifi I cant really access ethernet. Running 5ghz connection ipv6 100gbpsI also pinged the same address on my phone with no issues....
  7. Ping spikes every 8-9 consistently

8. 5 second lag spikes every 1min30sec or 2mins

5 second lag spikes every 1min30sec or 2mins: This issue began a few months ago and is persisting to this day. The only information I have on this subject is that the lag spikes are on the computer's side and that they occur every 1min30sec to 2mins. I've tried network resetting to no avail, unfortunately. If anyone can...
  9. Ping Lag Spikes Nonstop Every 10-30 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping Lag Spikes Nonstop Every 10-30 seconds: For some reason, not sure when this started, my ping started going from a steady 20-30 ping up to 1300+. I thought this was going to go away after a day or two, but it's been going on for a week now, and I don't know what to do. I need some suggestions on how to fix this, as...
  10. Lag Spikes Every 3 Seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag Spikes Every 3 Seconds: So, just a few days ago, I got on my computer and started experiencing these lag spikes... It occurs every 2-3 seconds (and it's a second-long spike)... to equate to how this feels: It's like playing an FPS game with lag -- you're shooting a person, but the shots aren't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. consistant lag windows 10