Windows 10: Consistent bluescreening

Discus and support Consistent bluescreening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC has been bluescreening for a few months now on a consistent basis and I was wondering what I could do to see what exactly is wrong. I upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dante Edmondson, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Consistent bluescreening

My PC has been bluescreening for a few months now on a consistent basis and I was wondering what I could do to see what exactly is wrong. I upgraded to a new motherboard in hopes that it would help fix this issue but sadly, it did not work. Currently, I believe it may have something to do with the hard drives but I was wondering if I could get someone to help show me exactly what the issue is and maybe what I can do to fix it.

:)

Dante Edmondson, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Ian Ser Win User

bluescreen error message wont allow access to desktop

Hi David,

To know what kind of troubleshooting steps would be applicable to your bluescreen error, please answer these questions:

• What is the exact error message showing on your end?
    • Were there any changes/updates to your device prior to the issue?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've done so far to resolve the issue?

For now, you can have a look at the troubleshooting step on this link as an initial remedy to the bluescreen
    error you're receiving.

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Jun 14, 2020
  3. bluescreen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

I understand that it can be frustrating for you when the computer shows bluescreen errors. Bluescreen errors are usually caused due to faulty hardware or drivers. We will try to narrow down the cause of the issue by performing a few steps.

1. Do you get bluescreen errors randomly or while performing any specific actions such as playing a game or running any particular application?
    2. Do you see any error code along with the message “DRIVERS POWER STATE FAILURE”?
    3. Are there any external devices connected to your computer?

The usual causes for bluescreen errors are Graphic card drivers and Network adapter drivers. We can go ahead and try to update the drivers.

Refer the article Update drivers in Windows 10 on how to update Graphic card
    and Network drivers.

You may also refer the article Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    for additional troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

You can reply to this post if you need further assistance

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Consistent bluescreening

BlueScreen when shutting down a VMWare Workstation OS

Consistently receiving a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bluescreen when shutting down a vmware workstation OS (in this case a windows 7 OS).

Was running on VMWare workstation 10, upgraded to 11 but am still experiencing this behaviour.

Side effect of this is that the virtual machine will get destroyed and is not rebootable on a restart, I have to revert to a complete backup of the virtual machine.

Attached the dump file generated by the tool?

Any suggestions?

duaneedwards, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Consistent bluescreening

1. Consistent bluescreening - Similar Threads - Consistent bluescreening

2. Kernelbase.dll Causing Application Installer Crash Consistently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernelbase.dll Causing Application Installer Crash Consistently: System Information :https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bv8G-RzTnwh3jRmThBDcRdlzIhPf9Z2p?usp=drive_linkSourceSiemens Installer AssistantSummaryAPPCRASHDate‎20/‎4/‎2024 12:53 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionStopped workingFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files...
  3. Consistent bluescreens when compiling Unreal Engine from source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent bluescreens when compiling Unreal Engine from source: Hi,Here is a DxDiag.txt about my PC.I've formated both my SSDs using Diskpart, then freshly reinstalled Windows 11 from a flash drive using Windows media creation tool, I'm currently on 23H2. I've reverted UEFI/BIOS to stock settings played around with and without XMP, and...
  4. Consistent bluescreens when compiling Unreal Engine from source

Consistent bluescreens when compiling Unreal Engine from source: Hi,Here is a DxDiag.txt about my PC.I've formated both my SSDs using Diskpart, then freshly reinstalled Windows 11 from a flash drive using Windows media creation tool, I'm currently on 23H2. I've reverted UEFI/BIOS to stock settings played around with and without XMP, and...
  5. Consistent bluescreens, even after windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent bluescreens, even after windows reinstall: Hello,I have a recurring problem of crashes and BSODs with my ASUS FA506IU laptop for some while now. I have tried some often recommended solutions, like memtest, chkdisk as well as reinstalling windows 10 from scratch, but even soon the errors returned.Recently they got more...
  6. Consistent bluescreens, even after windows reinstall

Consistent bluescreens, even after windows reinstall: Hello,I have a recurring problem of crashes and BSODs with my ASUS FA506IU laptop for some while now. I have tried some often recommended solutions, like memtest, chkdisk as well as reinstalling windows 10 from scratch, but even soon the errors returned.Recently they got more...
  7. Consistent bluescreens, even after windows reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. i consistently get a bluescreen when i use my d-link dwr-171

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i consistently get a bluescreen when i use my d-link dwr-171: Every time I want to use the internet with my dongle, it will bluescreen the system and restart and dothe same thing. One in ten times, the computer will, for whatever reason, let me use the internet, but when I use it on discord, it will allow me to talk for 15 seconds and...
  9. PC consistently bluescreens on first startup, and then infrequently bluescreens after

PC consistently bluescreens on first startup, and then infrequently bluescreens after: Hey there, I keep getting BSODs and have had a hard time figuring out how to solve it- 020319-7859-01.dmp 2/3/2019 3:50:49 AM 0x00000139 00000000`00000003 ffffaf0d`893716a0 ffffaf0d`893715f8 00000000`00000000 hal.dll hal.dll+62bb0 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+1aa0a0 16 15 17134...
  10. Consistant Crashes/Freezes/Bluescreens

Consistant Crashes/Freezes/Bluescreens: Firstly Apologies for the double post. I had previously been linked to the performance & maintenance forums while researching my issue. Firstly, I've had no problems with windows 7 ever. Decided to upgrade to Windows 10 last year and used the free upgrade to do it....