Windows 10: Consistent BSoD, Fairly New PC, Help???

Discus and support Consistent BSoD, Fairly New PC, Help??? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Alright, so less than a year ago, I built my first PC. No problems whatsoever. I use the PC mostly for video editing work using Adobe, but also use it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by agkish, Aug 22, 2020.

1. agkish Win User

Consistent BSoD, Fairly New PC, Help???

Alright, so less than a year ago, I built my first PC. No problems whatsoever. I use the PC mostly for video editing work using Adobe, but also use it for gaming time to time, usually VR games. The PC is pretty beefy, at least to my standards. ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XI Wi-Fi, Intel i9-9900K CPU, 4x16 sticks of ram, GeForce RTX 2060 Super, and one 1Gb NVMe SSD. She worked beautifully for the longest time, I even overclocked the device a bit, worked absolutely fine. Then one day, the device blue screened and kept doing so on every startup. After updating the bios and resetting the device, she worked fine again, however with a slight issue. Every 30-60 minutes the device will blue screen. Now for an old PC that has seen its better days, that's not the end of the world, but my PC is still fairly new, not even a year old yet. This issue becomes a huge nuisance while I'm trying to edit footage.

After sharing all my issues and error codes with friends/peers, I have come to the conclusion that there may be an issue with my RAM.

So, I have already attempted some "solutions" so I'll say what I have done with no success.

- Factory Reset

- Updated BIOS

- Preformed a windows memory diagnostic test, which passed.

- Scanned for issues in command prompt with sfc /scannow, which came up with no errors on 5 different occasions.

With all this information, I have a little more detailed information remaining.

Some of the errors I have received in my event viewer:

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000101 0x000000000000000c, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffff8201272df180, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 5732573b-8b79-42db-a98b-007daacd2814."

"Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation."

"Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC0000001."

"DCOM got error "1115" attempting to start the service wuauserv with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:

{E60687F7-01A1-40AA-86AC-DB1CBF673334}"

"IntelR Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz : Has encountered an internal error and has failed."

Some Errors I have received on the BSoD:

"CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT"

"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

"SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION"

"KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"

Link to my minidump files + my MEMORY.DMP file.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoOgYvzwrd3ZkDmNumqPNu1B0mRE?e=PchvJE

I am not entirely sure what my next course of action would be, I need help from all you super smart people out there!!!

:)

agkish, Aug 22, 2020

2. BSOD help with new PC

Hi,

My new PC (Win 10) has a BSOD every few minutes with a DPC Watchdog violation.

I've followed a number of the typical debug steps:

• Updated drivers inc. chipset and graphics
    • In device manager checked IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, the driver is storahci.sys and I've tried to updated using the Standard SATA AHCI Controller on my PC
    • No external devices are attached
    • removed AV
    • Disabled Sound drivers in device manager

Still the problems are occurring frequently. I have a minidmp file here: 012718-5515-01.dmp

and there is also a 700MB memory.dmp that I can share if it is helpful?

Grateful for any advice that anyone can share. Thanks in advance.

KrisCoverdale, Aug 22, 2020
  3. ChrisHaEs Win User
    BSOD due to DPC_Watchdog_Violation

I have done some of the steps suggested and it seems the BSOD goes away in general but it's still consistently triggered by one activity, downloading via qBitorrrent. It happens consistently, with the same error code, DPC watchdog violation

Here's my new MiniDump file: 012618-31203-01.rar

Are there any more clues as to why this specific application consistently trigger the BSOD? I've tried other similar application like uTorrent but it still triggers BSOD regardless of which application I use.

Thank you again for your help.

ChrisHaEs, Aug 22, 2020
  4. ChrisHaEs Win User

BSOD due to DPC_Watchdog_Violation

I have done some of the steps suggested and it seems the BSOD goes away in general but it's still consistently triggered by one activity, downloading via qBitorrrent. It happens consistently, with the same error code, DPC watchdog violation

Here's my new MiniDump file: 012618-31203-01.rar

Are there any more clues as to why this specific application consistently trigger the BSOD? I've tried other similar application like uTorrent but it still triggers BSOD regardless of which application I use.

Thank you again for your help.

ChrisHaEs, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Consistent BSoD, Fairly New PC, Help??? - Similar Threads - Consistent BSoD Fairly

2. New PC is consistently crashing everyday

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC is consistently crashing everyday: The PC most often crashes when playing games, causing audio to lag loudly in ears before rebooting back to the sign in screen. Here is a link to a minidump file from the most recent crash as well as the minidump file itself. Please advise....
  3. New PC is consistently crashing everyday

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC is consistently crashing everyday: The PC most often crashes when playing games, causing audio to lag loudly in ears before rebooting back to the sign in screen. Here is a link to a minidump file from the most recent crash as well as the minidump file itself. Please advise....
  4. Consistent BSOD's, Need Help on Cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent BSOD's, Need Help on Cause: Hey everyone! So recently my computer has been running into a consistent BSOD issue Have had system for about 2 years now and this is just now happening.I have done the steps others recommended in other forums: Reset OS, did a memtest checked good., updated bios, updated...
  5. Consistent BSOD's, Need Help on Cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent BSOD's, Need Help on Cause: Hey everyone! So recently my computer has been running into a consistent BSOD issue Have had system for about 2 years now and this is just now happening.I have done the steps others recommended in other forums: Reset OS, did a memtest checked good., updated bios, updated...
  6. Consistent BSOD's, Need Help on Cause

7. consistent BSOD

consistent BSOD: Ive noticed that i have BSOD sometimes while my computer is idle is it because of the RAM? minidump ---- https://www.dropbox.com/s/bija78eo26n9u4r/111421-11187-01.dmp?dl=0please help me so i can do something about that....
  8. Fairly New PC - random BSOD crashes - x00109 occurs often

Fairly New PC - random BSOD crashes - x00109 occurs often: Just built this PC about about a week ago. Currently on Windows 10, version 10.0.19041. I had some BSODs early on after overclocking my CPU. After returning the CPU to its default, I had 2 days without any blue screens as per the Reliability Monitor. I updated some drivers...
  9. Consistent BSODs

Consistent BSODs: I've gotten a variety of messages, but the most recent were Driver Overran Stack Buffer, System Thread Exception Not Handled, and System Service Exception. I can boot without issues. The BSOD does not seem to be triggered by anything specifically that I can tell. It's...
  10. Fairly regular BSOD

Fairly regular BSOD: Hi all, Getting fairly regular (every other day) BSODs. The last one on 08/12/2019 was while playing a very casual game of Stellaris. Last mini dmp was really a mystery to me, would appreciate anyone taking a look, all info added to this post. 145960