Windows 10: Consistent BSoD when Downloading large files / games

Discus and support Consistent BSoD when Downloading large files / games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,My computer has been running since February with largely no issues, and a lot of use, with the exception of when I download games. It doesn't just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jessica Duval, May 8, 2021.

1. Consistent BSoD when Downloading large files / games

Hi,My computer has been running since February with largely no issues, and a lot of use, with the exception of when I download games. It doesn't just happen with one application, it happens if it's on Steam or Origin.I tried to troubleshoot it myself and update / roll back drivers. I even updated my BIOS, and then decided just to do a clean reimage yesterday. The same issue is still occurring. I've posted my dmp files here:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1eCwbpl87xXlevHB9bZnPZ00uCpldDxQS?usp=sharing

:)

Jessica Duval, May 8, 2021
  2. n00byn00b Win User

Bsod when downloading large files Bugcheck 124 memory_corruption.sys

Consistent BSoD when Downloading large files /  games [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

n00byn00b, May 8, 2021
  3. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 8, 2021
  4. ChrisHaEs Win User

Consistent BSoD when Downloading large files / games

BSOD due to DPC_Watchdog_Violation

I have done some of the steps suggested and it seems the BSOD goes away in general but it's still consistently triggered by one activity, downloading via qBitorrrent. It happens consistently, with the same error code, DPC watchdog violation

Here's my new MiniDump file: 012618-31203-01.rar

Are there any more clues as to why this specific application consistently trigger the BSOD? I've tried other similar application like uTorrent but it still triggers BSOD regardless of which application I use.

Thank you again for your help.

ChrisHaEs, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Consistent BSoD when Downloading large files / games

1. Consistent BSoD when Downloading large files / games - Similar Threads - Consistent BSoD Downloading

2. Consistently getting BSoD when downloading a video game. “Hardware problems detected”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistently getting BSoD when downloading a video game. “Hardware problems detected”: I just built a brand new PC and have experienced a problem whenever I try to download and install a larger video game. While downloading the game I consistently get a BSoD that says “MEMORY_MANAGEMENT” and I decided to run a memory problem detection scan to see what’s up. I...
  3. Consistently getting BSoD when downloading a video game. “Hardware problems detected”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Consistently getting BSoD when downloading a video game. “Hardware problems detected”: I just built a brand new PC and have experienced a problem whenever I try to download and install a larger video game. While downloading the game I consistently get a BSoD that says “MEMORY_MANAGEMENT” and I decided to run a memory problem detection scan to see what’s up. I...
  4. Consistent BSOD when extracting a large file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consistent BSOD when extracting a large file: Hi, This problem has been bugging me for a while now. Whenever a large file is being extracted, the PC freezes and then sometimes just restarts without BSOD and sometimes it does. This happens when I try to update the game, it has a large .zip file that needs to be extracted...
  5. Consistent BSOD when extracting a large file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent BSOD when extracting a large file: Hi, This problem has been bugging me for a while now. Whenever a large file is being extracted, the PC freezes and then sometimes just restarts without BSOD and sometimes it does. This happens when I try to update the game, it has a large .zip file that needs to be extracted...
  6. Consistent BSOD when extracting a large file

7. BSOD When running games and downloading files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD When running games and downloading files: Hey there,Posting for a friend. Most of the time when launching games, and very rarely when downloading updates, he gets a BSOD, error code: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Sometimes it'll launch normally, work for a while, but then BSODs again.He had MSI Mystic Light and Corsair iCue...
  8. BSOD while downloading large files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while downloading large files: I seem to have a small problem i get BSOD everytime i download games from steam with message error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe any help much appreciatedLink to my minidumphttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqmyNoP8SwYQgiigriROZtNKjCVU?e=t9jnxw...
  9. BSOD while downloading large files

BSOD while downloading large files: I seem to have a small problem i get BSOD everytime i download games from steam with message error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe any help much appreciatedLink to my minidumphttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqmyNoP8SwYQgiigriROZtNKjCVU?e=t9jnxw...
  10. Consistent BSoD while uploading large files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent BSoD while uploading large files.: Hello, I would certainly appreciate any help that you can give me! I've had multiple crashes displaying the, "Kmode Exception not handled", and the "Kernel mode heap corruption" errors. Computer runs fine most of the time. No crashes while playing video games, gpu driver...