Windows 10: Consistent BSOD with intensive tasks

Discus and support Consistent BSOD with intensive tasks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; What happened - While playing a video game the monitor suddenly only displayed a black screen (no video displayed, audio still playing, computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KevFF57, Dec 23, 2018.

1. KevFF57 Win User

Consistent BSOD with intensive tasks

What happened

- While playing a video game the monitor suddenly only displayed a black screen (no video displayed, audio still playing, computer still running).

- Turned off (held power button down until it powered down)

- Tried to turn it back on. It beeped 6 times at POST and wouldn't turn on.

- Turned on without issue the following day.

- A small electrical-sounding 'beep' started coming from the tower irregularly. I stopped trying to run anything intensive when that happened.

- It works fine during light use - word processing, web browsing, videos, simple flash games, etc. Anything more intensive and it BSODs after a few minutes.

What I've tried

- Used troubleshooters in Windows Settings & in SupportAssist.

- Tried most recent drivers, and the drivers that were working fine until now.

Computer details

The computer isn't that old (April 2015), but the warranty has definitely expired. The minidump of the latest BSOD, and the MSinfo32 file are here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsYVdoEX6CsmkAhYYN6XlZsgiXMj

Overview of specs (nothing is over/under-clocked)
    - CPU: i7-5820k
    - GPU: GTX 980
    - RAM: 16gb
    - Disk: 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD

Based on what I've read about the 6 beeps at POST and how it's failing only in graphically intensive tasks my guess is that the GPU is at fault. But if anyone can help diagnose what's going wrong and/or how to fix it I'd really appreciate it.

:)

KevFF57, Dec 23, 2018
  2. ChrisHaEs Win User

BSOD due to DPC_Watchdog_Violation

I have done some of the steps suggested and it seems the BSOD goes away in general but it's still consistently triggered by one activity, downloading via qBitorrrent. It happens consistently, with the same error code, DPC watchdog violation

Here's my new MiniDump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApwAH8v1MEWqiQ1StjgAah4muPyu

Are there any more clues as to why this specific application consistently trigger the BSOD? I've tried other similar application like uTorrent but it still triggers BSOD regardless of which application I use.

Thank you again for your help.

ChrisHaEs, Dec 23, 2018
  3. ChrisHaEs Win User
    BSOD due to DPC_Watchdog_Violation

I have done some of the steps suggested and it seems the BSOD goes away in general but it's still consistently triggered by one activity, downloading via qBitorrrent. It happens consistently, with the same error code, DPC watchdog violation

Here's my new MiniDump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApwAH8v1MEWqiQ1StjgAah4muPyu

Are there any more clues as to why this specific application consistently trigger the BSOD? I've tried other similar application like uTorrent but it still triggers BSOD regardless of which application I use.

Thank you again for your help.

ChrisHaEs, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Consistent BSOD with intensive tasks

BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure consistently caused by Photoshop...

Dear All,

Initially I felt very relieved that there is a quick solution to this problem. I have done all step by step according to your suggestion to switch the graphic processor. Nevertheless the BSOD continues to appear when I try to run Photoshop CC2015. *cry*cry*cry

I have extracted the required information from my system in the attached file. I would be very glad if somebody can assist with this. Thanks in advance Consistent BSOD with intensive tasks :)

alvassilev, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Consistent BSOD with intensive tasks

1. Consistent BSOD with intensive tasks - Similar Threads - Consistent BSOD intensive

2. BSOD when intense gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when intense gaming: I'm getting a blue screen when I play games, only happens if it's intensive, but sometimes it's happened only a few minutes after starting a game. It's been plaguing me for a while, and Windows only seems to have created 1 minidump file, every time I get a blue screen after I...
  3. consistent BSOD

consistent BSOD: Ive noticed that i have BSOD sometimes while my computer is idle is it because of the RAM? minidump ---- https://www.dropbox.com/s/bija78eo26n9u4r/111421-11187-01.dmp?dl=0please help me so i can do something about that....
  4. consistent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    consistent BSOD: Ive noticed that i have BSOD sometimes while my computer is idle is it because of the RAM? minidump ---- https://www.dropbox.com/s/bija78eo26n9u4r/111421-11187-01.dmp?dl=0please help me so i can do something about that....
  5. consistent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Consistent BSOD

Consistent BSOD: Hello, I have come here hoping to find with knowledge exponentially greater than mine. I have been consistently of late been have BSOD with the error code "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" and the occasional "KMODE_EXECPTION_NOT_HANDLED". These issue started happening when I...
  7. Consistent BSODs

Consistent BSODs: I've gotten a variety of messages, but the most recent were Driver Overran Stack Buffer, System Thread Exception Not Handled, and System Service Exception. I can boot without issues. The BSOD does not seem to be triggered by anything specifically that I can tell. It's...
  8. Consistent BSOD

Consistent BSOD: Hello Over the past month I have had consistent BSOD. It is always when my laptop is idle or screen going black after lack of use. I have tried altering my power settings but to no avail. Downloaded WhoCrashed and there are several dumpfiles with repeating bugcheck names -...
  9. Consistant BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Consistant BSOD: This is a doozy, I have been getting consistent BSOD shortly after upgrading from Windows 7 to 10. At first I thought it was potential conflicting drivers from Windows 7, so I did a clean install of Windows 10 (i.e formatted my SSD and reinstalled the OS). I reinstalled all...
  10. BSOD with no consistency

BSOD with no consistency: I've just been getting random BSOD errors, all completely different. System build below, I did replace the PSU with a 1000W but it made no difference, they've been getting worse recently. I've done the vast majority of basic testing, memorycheck, prime95 runs, benchmark...