Windows 10: Consistent crashes - related to hpcommrecovery...

Discus and support Consistent crashes - related to hpcommrecovery... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am having problems that exhibit like this: Windows 10 V1909 / OS Build 18363.693 If I walk away from laptop with screen on, after the period set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 56Kruiser, Feb 29, 2020.

1. 56Kruiser Win User

Consistent crashes - related to hpcommrecovery...

I am having problems that exhibit like this:

Windows 10 V1909 / OS Build 18363.693

If I walk away from laptop with screen on, after the period set it goes to sleep OR, I can manually select shutdown/sleep OR I can shut the screen which is set to put it too sleep.

Then, very often, when I turn the computer on, the screen never comes to life. I have to hold power button to shutdown, and reboot.

I find in the screen capture below there are 2 redX critical events: 1 is for Comm Recovery stopped working, and the other is for Windows not properly shut down. The first is probably the problem, the second from my turning it off to reboot.

Any suggestions for me to chase to fix this?

Consistent crashes - related to hpcommrecovery... [​IMG]

:)

56Kruiser, Feb 29, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 29, 2020
  3. StuC33 Win User
    Windows 10 Crashes consistently.

After upgrading my laptop from windows 8.1 to windows 10 back in July, windows 10 has crashed consistently every 3 to 6 days. Back at the start of october i did a clean install of windows 10 hoping that it would solve the problem it didnt. Even after the
    inital clean install it ccrashed after 10 days then went back to crashing every 3 to 6. I upgraded to the november upgraded and you guessed it, the crashing is back, this is getting very annoying and frustrating because i simply do not know what is causing
    my laptop to crash so consistently. Windows 10 would simply crash then restart 4 minutes later and would be fine, everything works and then 3 to 6 days later it would crash restart etc etc. I should point out, when i was on 8.1 i got zero crashes. Can someone
    explain if they know whats happening or has happened and any suggestions to eradicate the problem / problems ?

StuC33, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Consistent crashes - related to hpcommrecovery...

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Consistent crashes - related to hpcommrecovery...

1. Consistent crashes - related to hpcommrecovery... - Similar Threads - Consistent crashes related

2. Consistent Crashing and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent Crashing and BSOD: For the past few months, my pc has consistently been blue screening and crashing, it usually happens a few times in a row and then is fine for a day or two. It started happening after I installed a new CPU cooler, when I did that installation I had to remove everything from...
  3. Consistent Crashing and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent Crashing and BSOD: For the past few months, my pc has consistently been blue screening and crashing, it usually happens a few times in a row and then is fine for a day or two. It started happening after I installed a new CPU cooler, when I did that installation I had to remove everything from...
  4. PC consistent Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC consistent Crashes: So for the last two months or so, my PC has been acting up, often crashing. I believe this has to do with the GPU. I've linked all the community questions I've asked about this which includes the solutions I've tried. The last link is the most recent minidump I...
  5. PC consistent Crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC consistent Crashes: So for the last two months or so, my PC has been acting up, often crashing. I believe this has to do with the GPU. I've linked all the community questions I've asked about this which includes the solutions I've tried. The last link is the most recent minidump I...
  6. Consistent PC Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent PC Crashes: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎2/‎25/‎2022 5:15 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff8503f0845460Parameter 2:...
  7. Games are consistently crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are consistently crashing.: My current setup is as follows: CPU: i7-6700k (Cooled by Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO) GPU: MSI Seahawk 1070 Motherboard: Asus Z270-A Prime Ram: 24G 2400hz DDR4 GSkill PSU: EVGA 500B HDD/SSD: 1TB WD BLUE/1TB Samsung 860 EVO My pc has started to run into a problem where...
  8. Game Crashing Consistently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Crashing Consistently: Hi, So i bought Forza Horizon 4 on the microsoft store for PC and i was able to play it for a few hours until suddenly it crashed. I thought it was no big deal but when i launched the game again it took me into the screen at the start where it says press enter to continue,...
  9. Consistent crashing and black screens related to HDD (potentially)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Consistent crashing and black screens related to HDD (potentially): Recently I have been having trouble to some extent with either my storage devices or something relevant to them. I'm not exactly sure what the issue is, what I do know is that upon trying to run certain programs from my HDD I experienced consistent crashes and extremely slow...
  10. Consistent Computer Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent Computer Crashes: Hey there, Every day my comp has been crashing at some point due to the exact same error generally unintentionally when running a program. I can also induce the exact same error by opening certain programs in the right order, eg. iTunes followed by After Effects. No idea...