Windows 10: Consistent crashes while gaming and I cant figure out why

Discus and support Consistent crashes while gaming and I cant figure out why in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a 2080s Black. I have been crashing during path of exile during different situations nothing specific in game is crashing me as far as I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PMorning, Jun 22, 2020.

1. PMorning Win User

Consistent crashes while gaming and I cant figure out why

I have a 2080s Black. I have been crashing during path of exile during different situations nothing specific in game is crashing me as far as I can figure out. After researching the exemption code error I came across a lot of possible reasons this was happening.
    I have
    - Reinstalled windows 10
    - Reinstalled PoE
    - CCleaner removed all of nvidia files for gpu drivers. Had it correct any issues it found in the registry. Reinstalled fresh version of drivers without geforce experience and it continued to crash.
    I repeated this process and I went back one version of the drivers.

- Moved to non steam version of poe

Dxdiag report - https://pastebin.com/wN0jNAtL

HWMon Temps - The max values occurred while playing the game today 6/22/20. https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/3fa29069082167e9f47bf947b519f472-png.jpg

Here are several errors I received today while trying to play

----------------------------------------------------------------

Faulting application name: PathOfExile_x64.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5eedc5f5
    Faulting module name: nvoglv64.dll, version: 26.21.14.4587, time stamp: 0x5e879b16
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000f6f21d
    Faulting process id: 0x318
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d64847b301b6a3
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files x86\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile_x64.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_9952681a7bb1dfac\nvoglv64.dll
    Report Id: 9b36e085-46a9-4132-b9b8-993e321a8328
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: PathOfExile_x64.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ef03c5c
    Faulting module name: PathOfExile_x64.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ef03c5c
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000a1c7d3
    Faulting process id: 0xc38
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d6485da892e259
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files x86\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile_x64.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files x86\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile_x64.exe
    Report Id: a3beab8e-9d82-42e2-aae1-ec41855796a0

Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.18362.387, time stamp: 0x8e064b77
    Faulting module name: nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll, version: 26.21.14.4587, time stamp: 0x5e879b9e
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000cd9320
    Faulting process id: 0x4a4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d646b2f07a1b54
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwm.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_9952681a7bb1dfac\nvwgf2umx_cfg.dll
    Report Id: 68d05f3b-28ea-4dab-b8c6-cf3559bef58c

Faulting application name: PathOfExile_x64.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ef03c5c
    Faulting module name: PathOfExile_x64.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ef03c5c
    Fault offset: 0x000000000145aae9
    Faulting process id: 0x248c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d6485e246c775b
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files x86\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile_x64.exe
    Report Id: b588517b-26b0-4dac-b187-2444c0820da2

:)

PMorning, Jun 22, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Mihael_W Win User
    Game Crashing Consistently

Hello!

Please ensure that you do not have any of the following applications installed as they are incompatible with the game:

• MSI Afterburner / Riva Tuner Statistics Server
    • EVGA Precision
    • OBS
    • Xsplit
    • MacType
    • Warsaw Banking App
    • Wallpaper Engine

Are you running the game as Administrator?

Are you running the latest GPU drivers?

Did you install or uninstall anything after the first time you played it?

Here is the official support link:

My Game is Not Launching or is Crashing on PC

Thanks. Consistent crashes while gaming and I cant figure out why :)

Mihael_W, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Catpwned Win User

Games are consistently crashing.

My current setup is as follows:

CPU: i7-6700k (Cooled by Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO)

GPU: MSI Seahawk 1070

Motherboard: Asus Z270-A Prime

Ram: 24G 2400hz DDR4 GSkill

PSU: EVGA 500B

HDD/SSD: 1TB WD BLUE/1TB Samsung 860 EVO

My pc has started to run into a problem where while playing games, they crash consistently with no error codes. My reliability checks are all showing that it could be either a driver or hardware issue but thus far I haven't found a single solution. I did
    a fresh install of Win 10 on my computer to clear it of any junk and the problem continues over. Also my PC has had some sporadic issues with complete crashes. These happen much less frequently than the game crashes. Running the games on low settings also
    doesn't fix any of the crashing problems I'm having. I've monitored the CPU/GPU temps and have maxed out both the cooling systems on them but the problem still persists. I thought it could be a problem with my CPU but I bench marked it and it scored higher
    than average. Anyone have any idea of what might be causing these crashes?

Catpwned, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Consistent crashes while gaming and I cant figure out why - Similar Threads - Consistent crashes while

2. I cant go into fullscreen exclusive mode in some games and i cant figure out why.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant go into fullscreen exclusive mode in some games and i cant figure out why.: When i star rust or moderwarfare 3 i cant go into Fullscreen exclusive mode. When i open rust fullescreen exclusive isnt an option. But when i play mw3 fullscreen exclusive is an option but it always reverts back to borderless....
  3. I cant go into fullscreen exclusive mode in some games and i cant figure out why.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant go into fullscreen exclusive mode in some games and i cant figure out why.: When i star rust or moderwarfare 3 i cant go into Fullscreen exclusive mode. When i open rust fullescreen exclusive isnt an option. But when i play mw3 fullscreen exclusive is an option but it always reverts back to borderless....
  4. I cant figure out the problem:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant figure out the problem:: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1b8Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version:...
  5. I cant figure out the problem:

I cant figure out the problem:: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1b8Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 0Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_22621Service Pack: 0_0Product: 768_1OS Version:...
  6. Continuous crashes can't figure out why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous crashes can't figure out why: Recently my laptop keeps crashing whenever I try to do something normal on it... sometimes it crashes suddenly after logging in and sometimes I can use it for like 4-8 hours in a stretchI tried searching on the event logs and couldn't find anything which points towards the...
  7. Been crashing for months cant figure out why

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Been crashing for months cant figure out why: Hi I have been having a problem since mid October now, I have been to several forums gotten into contact with AMD and noone has been able to help this far. I had recently upgrade a few components in my pc being my Motherboard, CPU and RAM. Started with a clean install of...
  8. Games are consistently crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games are consistently crashing.: My current setup is as follows: CPU: i7-6700k (Cooled by Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO) GPU: MSI Seahawk 1070 Motherboard: Asus Z270-A Prime Ram: 24G 2400hz DDR4 GSkill PSU: EVGA 500B HDD/SSD: 1TB WD BLUE/1TB Samsung 860 EVO My pc has started to run into a problem where...
  9. Game Crashing Consistently

Game Crashing Consistently: Hi, So i bought Forza Horizon 4 on the microsoft store for PC and i was able to play it for a few hours until suddenly it crashed. I thought it was no big deal but when i launched the game again it took me into the screen at the start where it says press enter to continue,...
  10. Cant figure out how to get this game to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant figure out how to get this game to work: I bought Amazon Trail. I was told that it would work on Windows 10, it is a Windows 95 disc. It doesn't work. When I try to play it, it says is incpmatibity with 64-bit versions of Windows. I am not sure if there is a way to get it to work. Please let me know if you can....