Windows 10: Consolas font broken after added new user on Windows 10 1903

Discus and support Consolas font broken after added new user on Windows 10 1903 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After I added a new user on my laptop, Consolas font is missing and I temporary fixed it by re-install the font. But when I restart my laptop, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Not NOT a display name, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Consolas font broken after added new user on Windows 10 1903

After I added a new user on my laptop, Consolas font is missing and I temporary fixed it by re-install the font. But when I restart my laptop, it missing again even the font is still installed. So I have to re-install the font every time I open up the laptop. Btw, this only happened to some of programs.

Specs:

• 2 gb ram
    • AMD E-450 APU
    • Radeon HD 6320
    • Windows 10 1903

:)

Not NOT a display name, Jul 30, 2020

2. Adding Fonts

Hi,

Windows comes with pre-installed fonts, however, you can install other stylish fonts that you wish to use in your Windows system. To be able to add new fonts to your Windows apps and Microsoft Office apps, follow these steps:

• Close all of the Windows apps and Microsoft Office apps.
    • Download .ttf files from a secured website that offers the fonts that you want to install on your Windows system.
    • Once the .ttf file is downloaded, right-click on it and then click Install.

After the installation process, you should be able to use the newly installed fonts in most of your Windows apps and Microsoft Office apps.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Times new roman bold font

To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you restore default settings and check if it helps. See steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click on Control
      Panel.
    • Change the View by to large/small
      icons, and then click on Fonts.
    • On the left pane, click on Font settings.
    • Under Font settings, click on Restore default font settings.

If restoring the default font settings does not bring back the Times New Roman Regular font, we suggest that if you have another computer with Windows 10, you can copy the Times New Roman Regular font into your PC's Font folder.

Patricia Yu, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Consolas font broken after added new user on Windows 10 1903

Adding a new user

Hi Alex,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps.

• Type settings on the Windows search bar and select
      Settings.

• Click on Accounts, and click on
      Family & other users
      on the left pane.

• Now you can add new user account.
    Also visit the below link on how to create new user account. (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Consolas font broken after added new user on Windows 10 1903

1. Consolas font broken after added new user on Windows 10 1903 - Similar Threads - Consolas font broken

2. Windows 11 search bar broken after using new font

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 search bar broken after using new font: i download and install the new custom font, it works on everything, but when i try to use the search bar it just disappears, if i try to use the search bar on the start bit the start bit just closes down, ive tried with a few different fonts so i dont think its a problem with...
  3. Adding new users to Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding new users to Windows: I have a new to me desktop that was running Windows 10. I have tried to add additional users but the Settings option refused to let me and said I had to use Control Panel. I tried that but it just sent me back to Settings which told me I had to use Control Panel................
  4. Adding new users to Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding new users to Windows: I have a new to me desktop that was running Windows 10. I have tried to add additional users but the Settings option refused to let me and said I had to use Control Panel. I tried that but it just sent me back to Settings which told me I had to use Control Panel................
  5. Fonts broken on new Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fonts broken on new Windows 10 install: I just built a new computer and installed Windows 10 Pro. For some reason many programs now have this font with no antialiasing that is too big and often gets cut off. Here is a screenshot of the same program open on both my new computer with broken font and my laptop that...
  6. Windows 10 Font broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Font broken: Ichanged the Windows 10 Font from the default Seoge UI to another font which i dowloaded from the internet and after that i changed them back to Seoge UI an it doesnt display correctly, like i play on Groove music an i press th volume up button the previous, pause and next...
  7. adding a new user on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    adding a new user on Windows 10: Hi. I would like to add a new user so that it appears on the log in screen, the way previous versions of Windows did. There are instructions on the web, but the screen shots they show are different than I see on my screen when Windows 10 starts....
  8. adding new fonts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    adding new fonts: I want to add new fonts to the font folder in Windows 10. I have tried every available suggestion and none work. I have nothing in the folder other than preview show or hide. There is no place to download them. I have tried to download copy paste. Nothing works...nothing....
  9. Adding Fonts to Windows 10

Adding Fonts to Windows 10: I am trying to add a font to my computer, but it won't let me drag and drop the .ttf file into the Fonts Control setting. I've tried multiple .ttf files, so it's not just one bad one. I am attaching a pic of what shows up when I try to drag and drop. I recently got a new...
  10. Adding new fonts in Windows 10

Adding new fonts in Windows 10: I have a CD that has teacher fonts on it. I would like to add these fonts to Word, but the directions to do so only go as high as XP. How can I add these much needed fonts?...