Windows 10: console session as an administrator

Discus and support console session as an administrator in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Console session as an administrator doesn't start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rousha704, Jul 26, 2018.

1. rousha704 Win User

console session as an administrator

Console session as an administrator doesn't start

:)

rousha704, Jul 26, 2018

2. console session?

What's a console session? I can't "sfc/scannow".

norcal3535, Jul 26, 2018
  3. nubie60 Win User
    Windows 10, Console Session?

I am always logged into my computer as the administrator, however since downloading windows 10, I cannot run Cmd because it informs me I must run "Console Session logged in as the administrator." I am always logged in as administrator, so what is the deal
    here!!

nubie60, Jul 26, 2018
  4. hyperneph Win User

"You must be an administrator running a console session to use fsc."

sfc /scannow worked well until I reinstalled Windows 10 version 1607 (build 14393.105) with a version 1607 (build 14393.10) .iso file, which buiid, I immediately updated back to build 14303.105. After reinstalling but a few of my previously installed apps and programs, I found several malfunctions--regrettably, I cannot recall the nature of these malfunctions. After piddling around with them (the malfunctions) for several days without success, I tried to solve the problem by running sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt, After two days of constant failure which consistently ended with the error message: “You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility”. I am the administrator, I am running a console session, and I have set sfc's permissions to "full control" for the administrator. I am going to try to rerun sfc as the built-in administrator next, but I feel this will also be fruitless. I would prefer to learn the solution to this sfc problem rather than go to a system "refresh" leaving my personal data intact--my next step prior to a complete restore/reinstall. I have encountered this sfc problem on occasion before, but have solved it by simply restarting the laptop. i would very much appreciate any help with this sfc problem. I have come upon this same question several times searching internet, and it always receives the same inadequate response--run sfc /scannow with administrative priviliges from an administrative/elevated command prompt.

Thank you in advance.

hyperneph, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

1. console session as an administrator - Similar Threads - console session administrator

2. Your computer could not connect to another console session

in Windows 10 News
    Your computer could not connect to another console session: [IMG]If remote desktop can’t connect to the remote computer and fails with the error message Your computer could not connect to another console session on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, then this post is intended to help you with the most applicable solutions to...
  3. How do I unlock a Windows 10 RDP session not the console?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlock a Windows 10 RDP session not the console?: I am RDPing to a Windows 10 Pro machine. Some file transfer is set running and left to do its thing.Once the machine has locked the only option available is to disconnect the session and then reconnect, there appears to be no way to unlock the machine. The background is shown...
  4. How do I unlock a Windows 10 RDP session not the console?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I unlock a Windows 10 RDP session not the console?: I am RDPing to a Windows 10 Pro machine. Some file transfer is set running and left to do its thing.Once the machine has locked the only option available is to disconnect the session and then reconnect, there appears to be no way to unlock the machine. The background is shown...
  5. Japanese EMI works in Administrator session, but doesn't in User session

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese EMI works in Administrator session, but doesn't in User session: Hello, I'm using Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.1440. EMI for Japanese doesn't work in my main user account admin right. It doesn't show the character choice like on the picture below: [ATTACH] However, it works in the Adminitrator account. [ATTACH] I...
  6. cannot connect to another console session remote desktop. Win10 HELPP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot connect to another console session remote desktop. Win10 HELPP!: hello. i was trying to connect my pc to the network folder to pass some files, and a message popped up saying: "Your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress." in the network...
  7. cannot connect to another console session remote desktop. Win10 HELPP!

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot connect to another console session remote desktop. Win10 HELPP!: hello. i was trying to connect my pc to the network folder to pass some files, and a message popped up saying: "Your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress." in the network...
  8. console session as adm

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    console session as adm: can not run sfc /scannow then the cmd window tells me I must be logged in as the administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility. I am logged in as the administrator . Please help....
  9. Sessions in Microsoft Management Console

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sessions in Microsoft Management Console: Hi, May I know the architecture of where the sessions opened for CIFS shares are stored? Does it use a Microsoft Database? Is there any article supporting this?...
  10. "You must be an administrator running a console session to use fsc."

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "You must be an administrator running a console session to use fsc.": sfc /scannow worked well until I reinstalled Windows 10 version 1607 (build 14393.105) with a version 1607 (build 14393.10) .iso file, which buiid, I immediately updated back to build 14303.105. After reinstalling but a few of my previously installed apps and programs, I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. console session administrator windows 10

2. run windows console session

3. console session administrator