Windows 10: Consolidate contents of three different hard drives

Discus and support Consolidate contents of three different hard drives in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to move the contents of two hard drives onto a third hard drive. All three are Win 10 drives but may be of different Win versions? One... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PapaSmurf85, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Consolidate contents of three different hard drives

Is there a way to move the contents of two hard drives onto a third hard drive. All three are Win 10 drives but may be of different Win versions? One windows version is newer than the other two. What software could I use to keep it all simple? ( not a real whiz at computers) I can follow pics and directions pretty well for an older guy. Thanks

:)

PapaSmurf85, Feb 9, 2019

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Pozzie Win User
    Folder contents disappear from portable hard drive

Hi

I am transferring files from a couple of computers (-all WIN 10, 1803 build) to a portable NTFS hard drive. I have regularly done this before, so its not new and I have not had issues.

But on 2 recent occasions, after a cut and paste from an internal computer hard drive, a duplicate folder has appeared in the hard portable drive, and the contents of the original folder on that portable hard drive have disappeared: the message is the "folder
    is empty". However, when I right click and open "properties" of that original folder, the number of files and the data is definitely not zero and is comparable to all of the prior contents.

I have read up about NTFS folder/file ownership and permissions and have re-assigned both in case I had stuffed this up at another time (The files were coming from different 'owners'). But no help: I cannot access nor even list the missing files.

I have run anti-virus : no issues.

Any suggestions to recover these files would be much appreciated.

Pozzie, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Consolidate contents of three different hard drives

little cat, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Consolidate contents of three different hard drives

1. Consolidate contents of three different hard drives - Similar Threads - Consolidate contents three

2. External Hard Drive Defragmentation stuck at 0% Consolidated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Defragmentation stuck at 0% Consolidated: Hi, I have an Acer laptop running windows 10. I have tried multiple times to defragment my external Hard Drive Seagate but every time it gets stuck at 0% consolidated.I have run CHKDSK and I am posting the log below - can you please help?I also have another question, due to a...
  3. External Hard Drive Defragmentation stuck at 0% Consolidated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive Defragmentation stuck at 0% Consolidated: Hi, I have an Acer laptop running windows 10. I have tried multiple times to defragment my external Hard Drive Seagate but every time it gets stuck at 0% consolidated.I have run CHKDSK and I am posting the log below - can you please help?I also have another question, due to a...
  4. External Hard Drive Defragmentation stuck at 0% Consolidated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard Drive Defragmentation stuck at 0% Consolidated: Hi, I have an Acer laptop running windows 10. I have tried multiple times to defragment my external Hard Drive Seagate but every time it gets stuck 0% consolidated.I have run CHKDSK and I am posting the log below - can you please help?I also have another question, due to a...
  5. Display same content in three places.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display same content in three places.: I have a dell laptop. I connected laptop thru docking box. I plugged 2 external monitor to docking box.Here is my issue.When I connect laptop and one monitor. Display setup allows me to duplicate laptop area and monitor. All is well.When I connect another monitor then it show...
  6. Display same content in three places.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display same content in three places.: I have a dell laptop. I connected laptop thru docking box. I plugged 2 external monitor to docking box.Here is my issue.When I connect laptop and one monitor. Display setup allows me to duplicate laptop area and monitor. All is well.When I connect another monitor then it show...
  7. One hard drive, three devices???

One hard drive, three devices???: This is probably something simple, but I've never seen it before... I have a 4TB Seagate ST4000DM005 SATA hard drive. When I connect it to my Windows 10 PC (20H2) I end up seeing three new drives in my Device Manager: - ST4000DM005 - Microsoft Storage Space Device - Microsoft...
  8. Downloading to a different hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading to a different hard drive: I just built a custom pc and it has 3 hard drives in it. One Samsung 970 pro drive, one Samsung 970 evo drive and one Seagate Barracude 2tb drive. The pro drive, or C:, is the default drive. However, I want to save that drive for current video project work. I would like to...
  9. USB drive displays different file contents on different PCs

USB drive displays different file contents on different PCs: Hi I have a weird USD drive issue. The drive is a 1TB Western Digital My Passport drive that I use to move files between two PCs running Windows 10 64 bit version. There is a typical example PC 1 delete existing files, copy some new files to the USB drive, safely eject USB...
  10. USB drive displays different file contents on different PCs

in Windows 10 Support
    USB drive displays different file contents on different PCs: Hi I have a weird USD drive issue. The drive is a 1TB Western Digital My Passport drive that I use to move files between two PCs running Windows 10 64 bit version. There is a typical example PC 1 delete existing files, copy some new files to the USB drive, safely eject USB...