Windows 10: Consolidate contents of three different hard drives

Discus and support Consolidate contents of three different hard drives in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to move the contents of two hard drives onto a third hard drive. All three are Win 10 drives but may be of different Win versions? One... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PapaSmurf85, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Consolidate contents of three different hard drives

Is there a way to move the contents of two hard drives onto a third hard drive. All three are Win 10 drives but may be of different Win versions? One windows version is newer than the other two. What software could I use to keep it all simple? ( not a real whiz at computers) I can follow pics and directions pretty well for an older guy. Thanks

:)

PapaSmurf85, Feb 9, 2019

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Feb 9, 2019
  3. Pozzie Win User
    Folder contents disappear from portable hard drive

Hi

I am transferring files from a couple of computers (-all WIN 10, 1803 build) to a portable NTFS hard drive. I have regularly done this before, so its not new and I have not had issues.

But on 2 recent occasions, after a cut and paste from an internal computer hard drive, a duplicate folder has appeared in the hard portable drive, and the contents of the original folder on that portable hard drive have disappeared: the message is the "folder
    is empty". However, when I right click and open "properties" of that original folder, the number of files and the data is definitely not zero and is comparable to all of the prior contents.

I have read up about NTFS folder/file ownership and permissions and have re-assigned both in case I had stuffed this up at another time (The files were coming from different 'owners'). But no help: I cannot access nor even list the missing files.

I have run anti-virus : no issues.

Any suggestions to recover these files would be much appreciated.

Pozzie, Feb 9, 2019
  4. Consolidate contents of three different hard drives

little cat, Feb 9, 2019
Thema:

Consolidate contents of three different hard drives

1. Consolidate contents of three different hard drives - Similar Threads - Consolidate contents three

2. Desktop exceeds size of monitor on three different monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop exceeds size of monitor on three different monitors: I have seen prior posts about this but none are exactly my problem and none of the suggestions fixed it. Turned on my laptop one day and the desktop is larger than the monitor. If I move my cursor to an edge of the monitor, the display moves over - so I can see the entire...
  3. Back up hard drive to flash drive, replace hard drive, reinstall contents on new hard...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up hard drive to flash drive, replace hard drive, reinstall contents on new hard...: Please advise how I can replace the hard drive. I would back up the contents to a flash drive in the USB port, follow instructions in the manual to remove and replace the hard drive, reinstall,...
  4. Office 365 - how to install on a different hard drive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 - how to install on a different hard drive: Okay experts, does anyone have a way of installing office 365 on any drive except drive C, the boot drive? I want to install it on my D drive, which is a mechanical drive, to save space on my C drive, which is an NVMe Samsung 960 EVO M.2 - 500 GB drive. Thanks 118483
  5. Start menu consolidation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu consolidation: I don't like clutter. To that end I have added new folders to the start menu and grouped like items together into appropriately named folders: for example, image editors and tools into a folder named image processing, various text editors into a folder named text editors,...
  6. Concerns with fresh install on different hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Concerns with fresh install on different hard drive: Hi everyone, I've upgraded to 10 from W7, and I've had nothing but problems with it, so i'm concerned about the installation to a different SSD than the one I'm using, my mind is telling me it should be fine as the Upgrade happened all on the same hardware, but changing the...
  7. External enclosure won't accept different hard drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External enclosure won't accept different hard drives: Hello, so to better understand my problem, I recently bought an HDD external enclosure for a hard drive that has some old family memories on it. I hooked it up, closed it and connected it to my Windows 10 laptop. My anti-virus scanned for problems, and there were no problems...
  8. Experienced three BSODs in one day with different reasons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Experienced three BSODs in one day with different reasons: After Window 10 1703 upgrade my laptop experienced three BSODs in one day, and according to reliability history they had different reasons that caused Windows stopped working.The first bugcheck: 0x000000d1, second: 0x0000001e, third: 0x00000139 The info zip...
  9. moving hard drive to a differant laptop

moving hard drive to a differant laptop: Dog knocked over my laptop and now it doesn't work. Removed the hard deive and bought a used laptop as the broken one. what do I need to due to get the hard drive to run in the new laptop 85006
  10. Boot and System ended up on different hard drives!!! Help!

Boot and System ended up on different hard drives!!! Help!: I have two hard drives (C: and E*Smile. Normally I have windows 10 installed on C: and just my documents on E: drive. I had to reinstall windows. The reinstall put the Boot on C: and the System on E: drive. (See image.) Is there any way of putting the system back on...