Windows 10: Consolidating multiple users into just one

Discus and support Consolidating multiple users into just one in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 - My current pc 3 yrs old inherited some issues when I moved everything from my old computer to this one. One thing was I had 4 Users.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaciSiehl, Jan 8, 2020.

1. JaciSiehl Win User

Consolidating multiple users into just one

Windows 10 - My current pc 3 yrs old inherited some issues when I moved everything from my old computer to this one. One thing was I had 4 Users. Have no idea why the tech did that but that is what happened. Accounts I had were Jack, Jaci5, JaciS, and one that was the name of the computer. It got so we never knew where to find files, I had some things in the computer 4 times! I created a new user just so I could keep track and finally moved everything into that one account.

Now some things don't work right like Google. Is there a good or easy way to resolve this? Should I move everything to an external hard drive or move over to my laptop and start over with a clean slate on the pc? I'm concerned about some of the software as well as the files.

:)

JaciSiehl, Jan 8, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 8, 2020
  3. Mike147LL Win User
    Consolidating multiple MS accounts

Hi, I've seen that there was a conversation on here nearly 4 years ago about consolidating accounts or changing the accounts into a single account. The answer was at that time that it couldn't be done. Can you tell me whether you've managed to sort out
    this problem and if so, how do I consolidate my accounts so that I only have 1 microsoft account (if that's what I choose) which can be used across all of my devices and apps?

Mike147LL, Jan 8, 2020
  4. Consolidating multiple users into just one

Consolidating multiple MS accounts

Hi Mike147LL

Greetings! I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. No, it is still different Microsoft accounts and you can't consolidate into one Microsoft account, as of now. People have been demanding this since long but due to technical/architectural reasons (in my view),
    this has still not been accomplished.

But at the same time, many services use Microsoft accounts to drive their services so that you don't require a different account for each service. For example, earlier Skype had its own account but now uses Microsoft account as its driver. This page lists down
    all Microsoft services which use Microsoft account as their driver

Get started with Microsoft account – Microsoft

Vijay_Verma, Jan 8, 2020
Thema:

Consolidating multiple users into just one

1. Consolidating multiple users into just one - Similar Threads - Consolidating multiple users

2. One app multiple Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One app multiple Users: So I bought Forza Horizon 4 and I wanted to use it on another user. I searched in the forums one one guy said that if you click install it lets you access the app because its already installed but it asks me to install again and i don't have more space what do I do?...
  3. Multiple users on one PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple users on one PC: When multiple users use the same PC, why can't User B see the files inside User A's folders in This PC 3D Objects, Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos but can see the files on Local Disk? Also, how can I prevent another user from seeing what files I have...
  4. How do I consolidate user accounts into one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I consolidate user accounts into one?: I have multiple user accounts on my Windows 10 machine but they are all me, created when problems arouse at login. How do I consolidate these into one user account? Will I lose files if I delete them?...
  5. Multiple Users One Desktop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Multiple Users One Desktop?: Hello, can I share my desktop with several users at the same time? and have 2 or 3 friends or even more operate a PC or VM for me? If so, how and what tools are needed to make it reasonably safe ;) Mehrere Benutzer Ein Desktop?
  6. Consolidate User Accts & Files Under One User Account

Consolidate User Accts & Files Under One User Account: - I asked this question about 2 weeks ago & got a great answer but before I could do the instructions I lost were the answer is. If there is a way to find this answer please let me know. - I have multiple user names/accounts and files associated with each of these. I want to...
  7. Help Consolidating Files Under One User Name

Help Consolidating Files Under One User Name: - I have multiple Microsoft usernames and want to combine all my folders, files, pictures, and apps under one username. After a crash on my previous computer, the name of the user me was truncated - for example: aaabbbccc@**** to aabbc. I now have a new computer. Even though...
  8. Consolidating several users to just one

Consolidating several users to just one: I had a computer with a corrupt hard drive years ago and it was set up with multiple Users. When I got my current PC an HP about 3 years ago everything was moved over the same as it was on the old computer. All fine and dandy until I just got a new laptop Dell with OneDrive....
  9. multiple users one lic

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    multiple users one lic: My wife has a mac and was using my account. now it doesn't recognize her ? How do I install her as a user? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-one-lic/15150b73-5429-4e8d-8d56-ccb71b9c489f"
  10. Multiple Users Signed In at One Time

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Users Signed In at One Time: I've loaded Windows 10 in a VM running on Windows 8.1. I've created multiple user but can't seem to figure out how to sign into a second account while still signed in to the first account. In Windows 8.1 this was easy! Sorry for the (maybe) dumb question. 2620