Windows 10: Consolidating several users to just one

Discus and support Consolidating several users to just one in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a computer with a corrupt hard drive years ago and it was set up with multiple Users. When I got my current PC an HP about 3 years ago... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JaciSiehl, Jan 4, 2020.

1. JaciSiehl Win User

Consolidating several users to just one

I had a computer with a corrupt hard drive years ago and it was set up with multiple Users. When I got my current PC an HP about 3 years ago everything was moved over the same as it was on the old computer. All fine and dandy until I just got a new laptop Dell with OneDrive. Now I want to sync my PC with my laptop, but it seems to be a bit confusing having 4 different Users which I don't need. I am in the process of moving all the files into just one location MANY of them were triplicated because of all the different users. What do I do do next?

:)

JaciSiehl, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Thanatica Win User

Consolidate context menu styles

The style for context menus need to be consolidated. There are current three different styles:

• Right-click on an empty region of the taskbar: you will get a black context menu with a light border and no icons, which fades in and out.
    • Right-click on a taskbar app button: you will get a black context menu without border but with monotone icons, which slides in and out from the bottom.
    • Right-click on the desktop and most other places: you will get a bright-grey context menu with coloured icons, which fades in and out.

Like I said, there is no need to maintain three different styles for a visual element that is the result of three identical user interactions, only in different places. These three styles come with a virgin installation of Windows 10, which can make it confusing
    to new and upgraded users why the colour and such is suddenly different for essentially the same 'thing'.

To reiterate, differences in:

• Background colour
    • Text colour
    • Border style
    • Hide- and show animation
    • Coloured icons, monotone icons, or no icons

Why not make these the same for every context menu? It's easier to maintain (for Microsoft devs) and easier on the user experience (for your valued customers).

Thanatica, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Consolidating several users to just one - Similar Threads - Consolidating several users

2. Can one microsoft mail be linked to several windows user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can one microsoft mail be linked to several windows user?: I had 1 user as windows user in windows 10. That user profile was linked to my microsoft email account. Recently my windows user is not signing in, it show "preparing windows" and sign in to a temporary user and all my previous user setting and data are gone. I tried several...
  3. Can one microsoft mail be linked to several windows user?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can one microsoft mail be linked to several windows user?: I had 1 user as windows user in windows 10. That user profile was linked to my microsoft email account. Recently my windows user is not signing in, it show "preparing windows" and sign in to a temporary user and all my previous user setting and data are gone. I tried several...
  4. How to install Quickbooks for just one user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to install Quickbooks for just one user: Two user accounts, both set as administrators Quickbooks is installed for one user only. That user will no longer have access and I want to transfer or install software for the other user on pc. How do I do that? Do I just install from the original disk under the 2nd user and...
  5. Windows Remote services in one consolidated location?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Remote services in one consolidated location?: Hello I feel this service has been slowly expanding rapidly as the years have gone by we now have so many different Remote services options that this has become a security risk, is there a way to consolidate all of Microsoft's Remote desktop options to one location with all...
  6. How do I consolidate user accounts into one?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I consolidate user accounts into one?: I have multiple user accounts on my Windows 10 machine but they are all me, created when problems arouse at login. How do I consolidate these into one user account? Will I lose files if I delete them?...
  7. Consolidate User Accts & Files Under One User Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consolidate User Accts & Files Under One User Account: - I asked this question about 2 weeks ago & got a great answer but before I could do the instructions I lost were the answer is. If there is a way to find this answer please let me know. - I have multiple user names/accounts and files associated with each of these. I want to...
  8. Help Consolidating Files Under One User Name

Help Consolidating Files Under One User Name: - I have multiple Microsoft usernames and want to combine all my folders, files, pictures, and apps under one username. After a crash on my previous computer, the name of the user me was truncated - for example: aaabbbccc@**** to aabbc. I now have a new computer. Even though...
  9. Consolidating multiple users into just one

Consolidating multiple users into just one: Windows 10 - My current pc 3 yrs old inherited some issues when I moved everything from my old computer to this one. One thing was I had 4 Users. Have no idea why the tech did that but that is what happened. Accounts I had were Jack, Jaci5, JaciS, and one that was the name...
  10. Allow just one user session at time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow just one user session at time: Here in home we have an PC with only 4GB RAM, and when we have more than one user logged in (more than one session opened) the computer get a bit slow. So, to prevent memory usage with users sessions Locked (logged in), is any way to configure Windows 10 to show just a Sign...