Windows 10: Constant 0x00000124 BSOD, related to hal.dll with ntoskrnl.exe+1bfcc0 crash address

Discus and support Constant 0x00000124 BSOD, related to hal.dll with ntoskrnl.exe+1bfcc0 crash address in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm facing this problem for a quite long time, since I built this machine: CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k 3.70GHz, not overclocked RAM: Hyper X... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Virt., Aug 6, 2019.

1. Virt. Win User

Constant 0x00000124 BSOD, related to hal.dll with ntoskrnl.exe+1bfcc0 crash address

Hello,

I'm facing this problem for a quite long time, since I built this machine:

CPU: Intel Core i5-9600k 3.70GHz, not overclocked

RAM: Hyper X Fury 8 GB 2666MHz DDR4

HDD: HD Seagate BarraCuda, 1TB, 3.5´, SATA, no SSD

Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M Gaming HD

PSU: AeroCool KCAS 600W 80 Plus Bronze

2 internal fans

CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper H411R

Graphic Card: msi Armor Radeon RX 580 8GB

According to BlueScreenViewers, these are the properties of the last BSOD, and some other information:

https://imgur.com/a/rwL3vDB

Here are some info from Speccy:

https://imgur.com/a/vZZuRaV

As you can see, the CPU's temperature seems perfectly normal. And, recently, I've changed the thermal paste.

I've already ran a CHKDSK, did the CPU Intel Test (results below), ran Windows Defender... Also, I manually updated my drivers, set the BIOS settings to default, and so on. Everything's fine.

It's interesting that this BSOD doesn't seem to have a pattern to happen. Could it be that I couldn't recognize yet what triggers this blue screen. I can play games for hours, and nothing happens. Surf on Internet, everything's ok. And then, at the strangest moment, BSOD. I will restart my PC and continue my work, with no more BSOD.

https://imgur.com/a/oYM8Aam

After a lot of troubleshooting and hardcore sufing on forums, I suspect that it could be a driver problem... but, it's just my guess.

I have just tried to do a memtest, but it didn't work. I don't know what happened, perhaps I did something wrong while saving the image in my flashdrive.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Virt., Aug 6, 2019
  2. sourpatch Win User
    sourpatch, Aug 6, 2019
  3. sourpatch Win User
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 0x00000124 [hal.dll] [ntoskrnl.exe]

Hello zbook and thank you!

1). My system successfully created another dump file (usually it would hang): Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

2). I uninstalled all AMD related software and gpu drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller. I was able to reinstall just the AMD gpu driver by extracting the software package and obtaining the driver folder with 7zip.

3). I ran both sfc /scannow and dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. No errors found on either scan. I could not post a picture because the command prompt window would immediately close after the test was finished.

4). Bios is up to date.

5). I reset Bios.

6). Prime95 would freeze my pc everytime between 20-30min into test. CPU temps topped out at 70c average.

Constant 0x00000124 BSOD, related to hal.dll with ntoskrnl.exe+1bfcc0 crash address [​IMG]

7). Ran memtest86+ for 15 hours and made 11 passes with no errors.

Constant 0x00000124 BSOD, related to hal.dll with ntoskrnl.exe+1bfcc0 crash address [​IMG]

8). HD Sentinel results were good:

9). chkdsk results:

10). Typical temps for my PC.
    • A). Idle Temps:

• B). Temps after 20 min of gaming:

11). I will be running FurMark tonight and will monitor temps.

12). Updated my personal Ten Forums System Specs as well.

sourpatch, Aug 6, 2019
  4. sourpatch Win User

Constant 0x00000124 BSOD, related to hal.dll with ntoskrnl.exe+1bfcc0 crash address

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 0x00000124 [hal.dll] [ntoskrnl.exe]

FurMark: 55min. Max Temp 80c.

sourpatch, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Constant 0x00000124 BSOD, related to hal.dll with ntoskrnl.exe+1bfcc0 crash address - Similar Threads - Constant 0x00000124 BSOD

2. Constant GPU related BSOD, or game crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant GPU related BSOD, or game crashes: Hello All, I have a recurring issue with my PC for the past few months, and I haven't been able to pinpoint the root cause browsing the web yet. While playing most games, the system regurarly crashes in one of the following ways:1, BSOD with nvlddmkm.sys error code 30%2,...
  3. Constant GPU related BSOD, or game crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant GPU related BSOD, or game crashes: Hello All, I have a recurring issue with my PC for the past few months, and I haven't been able to pinpoint the root cause browsing the web yet. While playing most games, the system regurarly crashes in one of the following ways:1, BSOD with nvlddmkm.sys error code 30%2,...
  4. Constant GPU related BSOD, or game crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  6. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. Random BSOD (Windows 10) ntoskrnl/0x00000124 bugcheck

Random BSOD (Windows 10) ntoskrnl/0x00000124 bugcheck: Been getting infrequent BSOD errors on my Windows 10 PC (Home edition). I had a look on BlueScreenView, seems like a lot of the bugcheck BSOD is ntoskrnl related but I can't work out if it's hardware related or some bad driver somewhere. The computer is 9 months old,...
  10. BSOD playing overwatch ntoskrnl related?

BSOD playing overwatch ntoskrnl related?: Hello, I recently got a new graphics card, as well as upgrading my OS to windows ten. However before and after these actions I receive various BSODs but only while playing Overwatch. Looking into it they seem to be related to the ntoskrnl.exe process, but I may be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ntoskrnl.exe 1bfcc0

2. bsod hal.dll 0x000001ca

3. hal.dll crash windows 10