Windows 10: Constant attempts to Upgrade Windows 10, from v1703 to currant. against computer...

Discus and support Constant attempts to Upgrade Windows 10, from v1703 to currant. against computer... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; One very, very irate user of Microsoft. Loyal since the intro of MS Dos to Windows 10 but beginning to regret use of Windows 10 by the day.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mikejc29, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Mikejc29 Win User

Constant attempts to Upgrade Windows 10, from v1703 to currant. against computer...

One very, very irate user of Microsoft.

Loyal since the intro of MS Dos to Windows 10 but beginning to regret use of Windows 10 by the day.

Facts.

1. I am retired.
    2. Computer is a Dell Inspiron N5050.
    3. My computer will ONLY accept up to and including version Windows 1703 according to Dell the manufacturer.
    4. I cannot afford to purchase a new computer each time a “Feature Updates” occurs.

Major Issue

1. Continual intrusion of the “Feature Update”
    2. Rendering the computer out of use while “Feature Update” progresses then…
      1. at +/- 45% “Windows could not configure one or more components. To install Windows, restart the computer and then restart the installation
      2. then….followed by “Restoration of Previous Version

This process of forcing a “Feature Update” plus Failure message plus “Restoration of Previous Version” takes approximately 2-3 hours in total.

1. "Feature Updates" have had 50+ attempts since version 1709 till recent version 1809
    2. For 2-3 hours the computer is out of use, each time a “Feature Update” is attempted.
    3. The other issue??:- This appears to be preventing "Quality Updates" from downloading in a timeous manner after several hours of attempting the "Feature Download" plus the reinstating version 1703.
    4. I ONLY WANT TO DOWNLOAD "Quality Updates" Please! Please!

20:37 29/10/2018 Have received a request to “Update Now” or “Choose Date and Time” AGAIN!??

What is the solution???

Mike Coleman (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

:)

Mikejc29, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Constant attempts to Upgrade Windows 10, from v1703 to currant. against computer...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Constant attempts to Upgrade Windows 10, from v1703 to currant. against computer... - Similar Threads - Constant attempts Upgrade

2. Attempting to upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Attempting to upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10: I paid for and tried to install Windows 10 as an upgrade from 8.1 I received an error message. This happen during the first reboot. Please help....
  3. Windows 10 v1703 to v1809

Windows 10 v1703 to v1809: Hi! I am currently working to update my workstation from Windows v1703, OS Build 15063.2108 to Windows v1809. I cannot use an ISO to rebuild this machine and need to update it using only KBs from the Microsoft Update Catalog. The updates I would like to push are...
  4. Error in attempts to upgrade from Windows 10 1709 to 1903 or 1909

Error in attempts to upgrade from Windows 10 1709 to 1903 or 1909: For whatever reason, I have a Windows 10 PC that hasn't upgraded past 1709 and I'm now beginning to use that PC. To bring it up to date, it has been attempting to download and install 1903 without success. I consistently get the following message: "Feature update to...
  5. Apps such as Cooking Fever attempting to install against my will!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps such as Cooking Fever attempting to install against my will!: Hello, Yesterday I installed Windows 10 Pro and have had this problem ever since. [img] This app Cooking Fever appears in my Start Menu. I try to uninstall it but after a few hours it reappears. Microsoft store brings this up and tries to install it desperately. I...
  6. My computer crashes constantly after Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer crashes constantly after Windows 10 Upgrade: I've tested the memory for hours (ran for almost a day on multiple occasions) and it always passes. I've tested the SSDs (now on the 2nd one for my OS drive and both test out perfectly), running the latest NVidia drivers and even have messed with a few rollback options. Done...
  7. Computer Constantly Sleeps during Windows 10 1803 Upgrade

Computer Constantly Sleeps during Windows 10 1803 Upgrade: Greetings, I have a Dell Inspiron N4050 with an i3-2330M, Integrated HD Graphics, and 4GB of RAM. Ever since 1803 was released this computer presented a particular issue: at some point during the install process (during the final parts of the setup, perhaps after driver...
  8. Upgraded Win 10 Computer constantly hangs on boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Upgraded Win 10 Computer constantly hangs on boot.: I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. About 90% of boots, my laptop will hang a and produce a BSOD. Initially, the BSODs were typically "system thread exception not handled" and "pfn list corrupt". A restart would solve the issue. However, after the...
  9. Can I upgrade from v1703 directly to the next new version?

Can I upgrade from v1703 directly to the next new version?: Skipping Windows upgrade versions or builds has worked like a typical upgrade. Unless there is something unique to Windows 10 1803 it should work as it has in the past allowing the skipping of Windows versions or builds. So you could upgrade from 7 > 10; 8 > 10; 1511 > 1803;...
  10. Repeated failure of attempted upgrade from Windows 7

Repeated failure of attempted upgrade from Windows 7: In the past few months I’ve upgraded three different desktop PCs and my Acer TravelMate from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with no significant problems. I’m now run into trouble trying to upgrade an Asus laptop in the same way. I’ve tried twice. The first attempt failed with the...