Windows 10: Constant black screen after windows update

Discus and support Constant black screen after windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For the last month everytime I update windows my pc stops working and everytime I turn it on I have just a blank screen which I cant do anything with.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Chazbone, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Chazbone Win User

Constant black screen after windows update

For the last month everytime I update windows my pc stops working and everytime I turn it on I have just a blank screen which I cant do anything with.

I've taken this to repair shop twice now and they have said there are multiple errors that are on the hard drive does anyone know why the windows updates keep causing this.

:)

Chazbone, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Constant black screen after windows update - Similar Threads - Constant black screen

2. Black screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen after windows update: Hi, I’ve recently done the new windows update and reset my pc. After resetting I have been greeted with my log in screen in high contrast. I have then logged into my account and and my screen is black apart from the top right of the screen which says “Personalized Settings...
  3. Screen black out constantly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen black out constantly: Hello, My computer screen is constantly blacking out for several seconds to maybe 30 seconds. At the beginning it only happens once or twice a day, now it happens 10 to 20 times a day. The system is up to date, and the IT person from my school also could not fix the...
  4. Constant Black Screens on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant Black Screens on Windows 10: Hey, ever since purchasing a new monitor, I've been getting constantly crashing to black screens. So far, it only happens whenever I have a 3D rendering program open. And I have to use 3D rendering programs for my job. Never happens in games, or in anything else that...
  5. Constant freeze and black screening.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant freeze and black screening.: Fresh installed on two different ssd's. After I login I have about 5 or 10 seconds to make an action before it freezes, goes black for a few seconds, the gpu revs then comes back on and I have another couple of seconds to do something and rinse and repeat. It's almost...
  6. Black screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after windows update: After a recent windows 10 update my laptop started to black screen randomly (for 2 years it was fine) after shutting it off and letting sit over night it started to do it whenever I would power it on. Ive tried, updating all drivers, loading windows 10 through usb, scanning...
  7. Black Screen after Windows Update

Black Screen after Windows Update: I have a Lenovo twist S230u. I restarted my PC after updates. The screen lights are coming on but the screen remains black. When i insert an HDMI cable the screen is shown to the TV but not with resolution as before. Its a pillabox in the middle of the screen. In the control...
  8. Constantly black screen

Constantly black screen: A few days ago i got a blue screen while watching a stream and since then my computer has went to a black screen after the white dots are done spinning even when it does the auto repair. I’m also unable to even restart into safe mode since my computer doesn’t go into it after...
  9. Black screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after windows update: Hello everyone so i updated windows 10 to KB4340917 OS build 17134.191 and now I'm on my way to the windows startup finishes NVidia graphics card and now my screen is black and I have not got it yet. Please, guys if any of you know how to fix this problem please help me! If...
  10. Getting constant black screens

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting constant black screens: hello i randomly encounter a black screen when doing activitys on my pc. From playing games to watching youtube my pc crashes! My screen would turn black and i would hear a buzzing sound. Solutions i tried, 1.Updated bios,2.Set my gpu and cpu to stock....