Windows 10: Constant Blue screens lately, when used and when idle

Discus and support Constant Blue screens lately, when used and when idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Windows 10 version: 20H2 OS build: 19042.928 Lately I'm getting blue screens when using the computer but and also when it is on idle. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Runner, May 5, 2021.

1. Runner Win User

Constant Blue screens lately, when used and when idle

Hi everyone, Windows 10 version: 20H2 OS build: 19042.928 Lately I'm getting blue screens when using the computer but and also when it is on idle. This morning, I logged in and wasn't using my computer for about 5 minutes and it blue screened. It did this twice until I decided to troubleshoot. Other than that it's pretty much random. My system has become unstable since about April 25th. When I got my first bsod while using it, I looked up the event viewer and noticed that since a year (around when I got the computer), I was getting them often at a time when I would be shutting down my computer for the night so I never noticed them. I've run sfc /scannow and the errors found were corrected. I've also run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and that completed successfully. I also ran chkdsk /scan just in case. I reset my CMOS, and overclocking and XMP are turned off. I've also installed newer versions of my drivers. My next step is to do a repair of Windows but I figured I would check with you first.

:)

Runner, May 5, 2021
  2. Runner Win User

Hi everyone,

Windows 10 version: 20H2
    OS build: 19042.928

Lately I'm getting blue screens when using the computer but and also when it is on idle. This morning, I logged in and wasn't using my computer for about 5 minutes and it blue screened. It did this twice until I decided to troubleshoot. Other than that it's pretty much random. My system has become unstable since about April 25th.

When I got my first bsod while using it, I looked up the event viewer and noticed that since a year (around when I got the computer), I was getting them often at a time when I would be shutting down my computer for the night so I never noticed them.

I've run sfc /scannow and the errors found were corrected. I've also run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and that completed successfully. I also ran chkdsk /scan just in case.

I reset my CMOS, and overclocking and XMP are turned off.

I've also installed newer versions of my drivers.

My next step is to do a repair of Windows but I figured I would check with you first.

- - - Updated - - -

Since my post, I've had one bsod. I was doing a 10 pass stress test on using PC-Doctor and was performing these tests on the GPU, CPU, RAM, Motherboard and HDD/SSD. It was at pass 8 after a couple of hours with no issues till that point. I switched my display to another input and at that moment, my PC bsod'ed. I do not believe this to be coincidence...

So I uninstall iCue since it was causing errors on every startup. The corsair.service service would fail so now it's gone.

Now I'm trying to find a fix for the following error that is also happening on every startup. I've googled that error but haven't found anything useful for now.

Log Name: System
    Source: Service Control Manager
    Date: 2021-05-04 7:01:26 PM
    Event ID: 7023
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: CORSAIRONE
    Description:
    The ZeroConfigService service terminated with the following error:
    %%2147770990
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">7023</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-05-04T23:01:26.5283867Z" />
    <EventRecordID>37828</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="980" ThreadID="1540" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>CORSAIRONE</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">ZeroConfigService</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">%%2147770990</Data>
    <Binary>5A00650072006F0043006F006E0066006900670053006500720076006900630065000000</Binary>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

- - - Updated - - -

Just figured out the Service Control manager on boot up error. It was the Intel ProSet Wifi driver/software that I had installed while trying to update my drivers. I uninstalled it and the error on boot up is gone.

Hopefully the dumps will tell more

Runner, May 5, 2021
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, May 5, 2021
  4. Constant Blue screens lately, when used and when idle

Blue Screen Appearances when using browser

Hello Judy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you for the issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• Does this issue occurs only while accessing a specific browser or with all browsers?
    • What is the exact error message or code you receive when you get Blue screen error?
    • Which are the troubleshooting steps you have already tried to resolve this issue earlier?

I suggest you to follow the steps from the below link and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Kindly reply to us with the answers to the questions asked and the status of the issue.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Constant Blue screens lately, when used and when idle - Similar Threads - Constant Blue screens

2. Blue screening on windows 10 when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screening on windows 10 when idle: My PC over the last week or so has started to blue screen when idle for 5 minutes.Not sure whats cuasing it I haven't installed anything new.Heres the dumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoDak-SUPLcGvyfwfCeSRH46zy__?e=NEBDQyThank you,Austin...
  3. Blue screening on windows 10 when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screening on windows 10 when idle: My PC over the last week or so has started to blue screen when idle for 5 minutes.Not sure whats cuasing it I haven't installed anything new.Heres the dumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoDak-SUPLcGvyfwfCeSRH46zy__?e=NEBDQyThank you,Austin...
  4. Blue screening on windows 10 when idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blue screen when idle and random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when idle and random times: Help!My computer is experiencing random BSOD and I can't figure out why. I already ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and found no errors. I sometimes get IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error and I forgot what the other one is. I sometimes don't see the error screen because I leave my...
  6. Blue screen when idle and random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen when idle and random times: Help!My computer is experiencing random BSOD and I can't figure out why. I already ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and found no errors. I sometimes get IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error and I forgot what the other one is. I sometimes don't see the error screen because I leave my...
  7. Blue screen when idle and random times

8. Laptop constantly blue screens, even when idle

Laptop constantly blue screens, even when idle: Hey all,For the last couple of months, my laptop has been constantly blue-screening. It mostly happens when I'm idling or using software like MATLab or Adobe Premiere; it rarely, if ever occurs when playing games, strangely enough. I tried reformating the hard drive & that...
  9. Computer Blue Screening When Idle

Computer Blue Screening When Idle: I have Windows 10 Home x64. My computer constantly blue screens when I idle for even 5 minutes. I have run a memory test, done a hard reset of my computer with a re-install, upgraded all my drivers, installed new RAM (16 GB), checked my task scheduler, run malware...
  10. REGISTRY_ERROR Blue screen when idle

REGISTRY_ERROR Blue screen when idle: Hi all, I'm experiencing random blue screens (REGISTRY_ERROR) when I idle for 5-10+ minutes. The time is never consistant, but if I leave a game playing in the background I can idle fine. Under heavy load I face no issues, either. I've disabled any tasks that were...