Windows 10: Constant blue screens on new PC

Discus and support Constant blue screens on new PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there! Wall of text incoming: I'm with a new PC since December 12th. On the 13th I had my first BSoD, on the 15th I had two more, and on the 16th... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RômuloSantana, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Constant blue screens on new PC

Hi there! Wall of text incoming:

I'm with a new PC since December 12th. On the 13th I had my first BSoD, on the 15th I had two more, and on the 16th today I had the most recent one. The occasions were as follows:

1st one: nothing special was happening. I had a few tabs open on Chrome, I was listening to music on YouTube, had Steam open on the background. Out of nowhere the BSoD happened. After some research I judged it was a one-off thing.

2nd one: I had just downloaded Windows updates. During the updating itself the BSoD happened. After some research I judged it to be because of the updates. I proceeded to uninstall said updates, reinstalled them and everything was fine.

3rd one: I left Steam open downloading games, left the PC for a little while, came back to see the blue screen greeting me once again I disabled auto restarts after the first BSoD. After some research I suspected it might have been one of the games I was downloading, but something felt off, because it was the third occurrence in a very short span of time. I proceeded to request help from tech-savvy friends over the Internet. As instructed I checked for corrupt files by using "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" and "sfc /scannow" on the command prompt. Files were restored. I also stress-tested the GPU, CPU, cache, FPU, local drives, and memories for 30 minutes using Aida64 separate test for RAM, then separate test for local drives, then collective test with the remaining ones. The hardware performed just fine. I gave it some rest and thought it was solved. But then, minutes after I next booted the PC...

4th one: ... I was gifted with yet another BSoD... I really don't want to reseat the hardware. My decision was to look for anything that might be off, and I realized some PCI and PCIe drivers were missing. Windows 10 couldn't find the drivers, so I downloaded every single driver I could just to make sure. It's been some hours without a crash, but I'd really like to make sure there's nothing else I can do before I attempt that. On this folder are the minidumps generated after each crash: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ij4n1dgLPQVcia8UURI_M31FdH8eHJYL?usp=sharing

These are my specs, if it's any help:
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    PSU: Corsair CV650 80 Plus Bronze
    Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B450M-GAMING/BR

SSD: 120GB - Western Digital Green - WDS120G2G0A
    HDD: 1TB - Seagate BarraCuda - ST1000DM010

Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

:)

RômuloSantana, Dec 16, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 16, 2020
  3. blue screen issue

after monthes of running system it was fine then on windows 7 it blue screened after looking it over myself and getting advice from local pc shop they suggest upgrading os will fix the issue so I upgraded to win 8.1 and along followed the blue screens now again upgrading after more advice I'm on win 10 and the bluescreens followed as a bad pool error rebooting I have included the requested report please help as spending the $150 the local pc shop wants is my next step

bigonexeon, Dec 16, 2020
  4. Roan T Win User

Constant blue screens on new PC

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Constant blue screens on new PC

1. Constant blue screens on new PC - Similar Threads - Constant blue screens

2. PC constantly crashing blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC constantly crashing blue screen: Hi, My new PC constantly crashes on windows I don't know what to do, I have seen some people say they can help by me sharing minidump files, I get watchdog violation error code. In event viewer they was also many error for metadata crashes? I'm at a loss I don't understand a...
  3. PC constantly crashing blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC constantly crashing blue screen: Hi, My new PC constantly crashes on windows I don't know what to do, I have seen some people say they can help by me sharing minidump files, I get watchdog violation error code. In event viewer they was also many error for metadata crashes? I'm at a loss I don't understand a...
  4. PC constantly crashing and blue screening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC constantly crashing and blue screening: Hello, recently I have noticed that my PC has been constantly crashing. It started off with game crashes on MW2 and RDR2 but now it has actually started blue screening my PC.Things I have tried include removing any overclocks, using SFC /SCANNOW and DISM and completely...
  5. PC constantly crashing and blue screening

PC constantly crashing and blue screening: Hello, recently I have noticed that my PC has been constantly crashing. It started off with game crashes on MW2 and RDR2 but now it has actually started blue screening my PC.Things I have tried include removing any overclocks, using SFC /SCANNOW and DISM and completely...
  6. PC constantly crashing and blue screening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. New Prebuilt PC Constant Blue Screen Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Prebuilt PC Constant Blue Screen Crashes: I purchased a Prebuilt PC recently and have not been having any luck fixing blue screen crashes that happen 3-10 times a day. I have tried re-installing windows, updating drivers, and windows updates. I have listed the errors below. Attempted Write to Readonly Memory Page...
  8. New Prebuilt PC Constant Blue Screen Crashes

New Prebuilt PC Constant Blue Screen Crashes: I purchased a Prebuilt PC recently and have not been having any luck fixing blue screen crashes that happen 3-10 times a day. I have tried re-installing windows, updating drivers, and windows updates. I have listed the errors below. Attempted Write to Readonly Memory Page...
  9. Constant Blue Screens Plaguing PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constant Blue Screens Plaguing PC: Hello! I have been attempting to trouble shoot my custom PC for roughly 6 months now and I am at a loss. Here is my parts list: Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit CPU AMD Ryzen 7 RAM 64.0GB Tridentz 4X16 Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. X570...
  10. Constant blue screens/hard resets for new PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant blue screens/hard resets for new PC: This is a newly built computer and I upgraded to Win 10 from my retail copy of Win 7. I got random BSOD like every hour, with no clues.... Thing seems get worse after my installation of the game Division, not sure if it s related. I have formatted the machine and...