Windows 10: Constant BlueScreens - Need help understanding the cause

Discus and support Constant BlueScreens - Need help understanding the cause in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, So for the past few weeks, I've been having BSODs. I built my PC myself about 10 months ago, all the parts are new and everything was fine for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Beinish, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Beinish Win User

Constant BlueScreens - Need help understanding the cause

Hello,
    So for the past few weeks, I've been having BSODs.
    I built my PC myself about 10 months ago, all the parts are new and everything was fine for a long time. About a month back I started having a BSOD here and there so I started investigating.

This is my rig:
    CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
    Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450M Plus Gaming
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C16
    Graphics Card: EVGA RTX 2070 Super
    PSU: Antec EA750G Pro 750W Gold
    Hard Drives: Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD
    I have two monitors: 2K 144Hz and a regular 1080p 60hz.

So at first, I tried to disable DOCP and revert everything back to stock because I thought my RAM is unstable. Turns out it wasn't it because on stock settings, I would still get BSODs.
    I ran Memtest86 about 3 times 4 runs each time, ran Testmem5 and ran HCI Design Memtest. All came without errors. I also swapped the sticks.

I moved on to OCCT and the OCCT test for about 3 hours. No errors.

I then tried Prime95. ran the test for 4 hours, CPU got a little toasty but overall looked fine. No errors.

Then I tried FurMark. Stress tested my GPU for 1 hour. I saw no artifacts or crashes.

I decided this wasn't an issue with my hardware, so I started testing drivers with Windows driver verifier. I ended reinstalling Windows from scratch after encountering a test that crashed my Windows, but no dump file was generated.

It's been almost a week since I reinstalled my OS and things are not looking better. I used DDU to reinstall the Nvidia drivers, tried a bunch of different version, I installed the latest BIOS and Chipset version, but I still get BSODs.
    Those BSODs are mostly happening when I play a game like Risk of Rain 2, or use Bluestacks, or simply in a Zoom meeting. I remember it crashing during regular browsing only once. It's yet to crash during CSGO for example, and I don't have a lot of other games to test it on. It's fine on Fallout New Vegas, Borderlands 3, Fall Guys and that's about all the games I've played lately. I mostly play Risk of Rain 2 though, which crashes on it's own for some reason. Devs believe it's my hardware's fault which somewhat makes sense after they viewed the logs.

I'm getting quit desperate to find the issue, I built my first PC and watching it crash all the time isn't pleasant. I was considering buying new RAM, replacing my GPU under warranty, replacing my mobo/CPU, but I can't pin point an exact issue with either of those components. I need your help..

Here is the latest screenshot from BlueScreenView: https://i.imgur.com/7SL2JA6.png

Here is a link to my MEMORY.DMP file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D6FVfFndCmbUgzM_MT-MfvYysJIFsc4D/view?usp=sharing
    Here are the minidump files separately, it contains the 5 BSODs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13K1LmqhvEpnnEBAMORgh6C181Wy0_Qip/view?usp=sharing

Hopefully I'll be able to find my answer here.
    Thanks.

:)

Beinish, Aug 31, 2020

2. Constant bluescreens - still not fixed

I don't think you understood my issue - my bluescreens are random, so I can't do a clean boot and provoke a bluescreen. I am not sure what the steps you suggested have anything to do with my problem and it is not clear how it will help. The PC does boot
    up normally, it just crashes randomly during the day.

I am pretty sure the issue is related to a driver that could be incompatible with Win 10. Please check the older threads to further understand the issue.

Thank you.

Sofia C. Rocha, Aug 31, 2020
  3. bluescreen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

I understand that it can be frustrating for you when the computer shows bluescreen errors. Bluescreen errors are usually caused due to faulty hardware or drivers. We will try to narrow down the cause of the issue by performing a few steps.

1. Do you get bluescreen errors randomly or while performing any specific actions such as playing a game or running any particular application?
    2. Do you see any error code along with the message “DRIVERS POWER STATE FAILURE”?
    3. Are there any external devices connected to your computer?

The usual causes for bluescreen errors are Graphic card drivers and Network adapter drivers. We can go ahead and try to update the drivers.

Refer the article Update drivers in Windows 10 on how to update Graphic card
    and Network drivers.

You may also refer the article Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    for additional troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

You can reply to this post if you need further assistance

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 31, 2020
  4. MegaMan Win User

Constant Bluescreens/Crashes

New Build and having constant bluescreens / crashing

Playing tf2 crash, run prime 95 within 60 seconds crash.

MegaMan, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Constant BlueScreens - Need help understanding the cause - Similar Threads - Constant BlueScreens Need

2. Constant Bluescreening *help!!!*

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant Bluescreening *help!!!*: Since the 21st I have had constant BSODS and I have tried everything under the sun to fix it and nothing seems to work. I have spent the past week or so attempting to find a solution and to no avail. It only seems to happen if I play games. A concerning note is that sometimes...
  3. Constant Bluescreening *help!!!*

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Bluescreening *help!!!*: Since the 21st I have had constant BSODS and I have tried everything under the sun to fix it and nothing seems to work. I have spent the past week or so attempting to find a solution and to no avail. It only seems to happen if I play games. A concerning note is that sometimes...
  4. Constantly Bluescreening, please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constantly Bluescreening, please help.: I have tried many things, but im still crashing frequently. Here are 5 more minidumps to maybe help see whats going on and find a solution. minidumps.rarPost 1:...
  5. Constantly Bluescreening, please help.

Constantly Bluescreening, please help.: I have tried many things, but im still crashing frequently. Here are 5 more minidumps to maybe help see whats going on and find a solution. minidumps.rarPost 1:...
  6. Constantly Bluescreening, please help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Constant BSOD caused by SynTP.sys, NEED HELP BADLY

Constant BSOD caused by SynTP.sys, NEED HELP BADLY: I'm currently using an HP 15-BA009DX laptop running Windows 10 version 2004. Everything was functioning properly until yesterday when I noticed that my system initiated an upgrade to version 22H2. Unfortunately, during the upgrade process, I accidentally restarted my laptop....
  8. ntoskrnl.exe constantly causing bluescreens

ntoskrnl.exe constantly causing bluescreens: Sometimes I get bluescreens for seemingly no reason and every time I check BlueScreenViewer, ntoskrnl.exe is usually what causes them. I've tried going back to stock clocks, scanned my HDD for any corrupt files and I've updated all of my drivers. I even completely uninstalled...
  9. [Need Help] Constant Bluescreen, tried everything, desperate for help

[Need Help] Constant Bluescreen, tried everything, desperate for help: Hello, I have an issue with my PC that it continuously keep having bluescreens over the past week. Prior to this, I did have bluescreen issues but I managed to fix it after reparing some corrupt files in my system and was clean for 2 weeks. And now, I am getting the issue...
  10. Need help understanding ho wot fix bluescreens im getting

Need help understanding ho wot fix bluescreens im getting: I've been having this issue for a few weeks now, the blue screen cause is system thread exception not handled. I have tried to use winddbg to look at my memory dump to find the issue and this is what i got...