Windows 10: Constant BSOD after clean install

Discus and support Constant BSOD after clean install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just recently did a clean install and now I am getting non-stop BSODs with KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED but no specific driver mentioned. Before I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bmancl, Jul 9, 2020.

1. bmancl Win User

Constant BSOD after clean install

I just recently did a clean install and now I am getting non-stop BSODs with KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED but no specific driver mentioned. Before I did the clean install I had zero crashes but other issues were happening. Every once in a while in the last few months I would get a message saying that windows failed to installed updates. Defender was fine but not windows. So I ran the troubleshooter and it did not find any problems. The I tried SFC but it would not start so I went to the management console and it would not open. Then I ran DSIM, chkdsk, and anti-virus scans but turned up nothing. Then I noticed .dll errors popping up and I was unable to access the properties of any files or folders. So time to reinstall and here I am. After I did the clean install I have run SFC, DISM, chkdsk, memory test, and driver verifier but all turned up clean. I have updated all drivers to the latest that I could find. The only thing I have not updated is the BIOS because of how unstable the computer is right now. Fortunately the computer works fine in safe mode so maybe that rules out some hardware issues. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. I have included the link for the system info and minidumps.

Thank you

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AraBiIayTZGagRRj_pDy3eapNqV0?e=4kOwpq

:)

bmancl, Jul 9, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Flava0ne Win User
    Constant BSOD even on stock default

Yeah, I just formatted yesterday and I'm still getting the constant BSODs.

Flava0ne, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

KernelBase.dll is broken constant BSOD's constant game crashing.

Hi Darry,

User Profile corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing constant BSOD's on your computer. You mentioned that you ran the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool, but is still getting a stop code. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you create a new User Profile and check if the issue persists.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.

You may also check this link
    to fix BSOD errors. Choose the situation when you experienced the problem and follow the troubleshooting steps.

Dyan Rey, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Constant BSOD after clean install - Similar Threads - Constant BSOD clean

2. Constant BSOD Errors After Clean Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD Errors After Clean Windows Installation: For the past week, my PC has been crashing and giving me BSOD Blue Screen of Death errors. To resolve this issue, I decided to clean install Windows on my SSD. I took the precaution of unplugging my HDD during the installation process. After the clean installation, everything...
  3. Constant BSOD Errors After Clean Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD Errors After Clean Windows Installation: For the past week, my PC has been crashing and giving me BSOD Blue Screen of Death errors. To resolve this issue, I decided to clean install Windows on my SSD. I took the precaution of unplugging my HDD during the installation process. After the clean installation, everything...
  4. Constant BSOD Errors After Clean Windows Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Constant BSOD's - Clean Install Of Windows 11

Constant BSOD's - Clean Install Of Windows 11: Hi guys, I'm getting constant BSOD's usually every hour or so and they occur when I'm watching a video, using Chrome, Excel or even when the laptop is idle.I'm using a 1 year old Lenovo - specs below. It now has a fresh install of Windows 11 reset PC and delete all files but...
  6. Constant BSOD after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD after clean install: Hi AllI am getting constant BSOD's every couple of hours, sometimes the PC crashes without a blue screen. I have done a clean install of windows with the same issues persisting, as well as replacing the motherboard and running Memtest which shows 0 issues. these are usually...
  7. Constant BSOD after clean install

Constant BSOD after clean install: Hi AllI am getting constant BSOD's every couple of hours, sometimes the PC crashes without a blue screen. I have done a clean install of windows with the same issues persisting, as well as replacing the motherboard and running Memtest which shows 0 issues. these are usually...
  8. Constant BSOD after clean install

9. Constant Bsod after clean installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant Bsod after clean installation: Hello everyone, I am getting constant bsod after I completed installation of windows 10. Just when everything is being set up i am getting blue screen saying CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, due to which I am unable to enter the desktop. Before this i had blue screen for MEMORY...
  10. Constant freezes after clean install

Constant freezes after clean install: I had cause, recently, to do a clean install of my machine, something I do every couple of years or so. Normally I would install Windows 7 then upgrade to windows 10 and that has always worked fine for me, never a problem. However, when I came to do the same method this time,...