Windows 10: Constant BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card

Discus and support Constant BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from a GTX 1070 to an RTX 3070. Ever since I got the new card, my PC keeps crashing constantly at random intervals with BSOD. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Boy1245, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Boy1245 Win User

Constant BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card

I recently upgraded from a GTX 1070 to an RTX 3070. Ever since I got the new card, my PC keeps crashing constantly at random intervals with BSOD. I've included my dumps below. Would appreciate any help.

System:

• CPU
      Intel Core i7 6700K
    • Motherboard
      MSI Z170A SLI Plus
    • RAM
      G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 48GB 2133 MHz
    • GPU
      MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
    • PSU
      Seasonic M12II EVO 80 PLUS® Bronze 650W
    • Operating System
      Windows 10 Pro

Dumps from WhoCrashed:

On Fri 11/13/2020 1:30:10 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\111320-19156-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys dxgkrnl+0x23994
    Bugcheck code: 0xA 0x5BC0, 0xFF, 0xCC, 0xFFFFF8032C012C27
    Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
    Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 11/13/2020 1:11:14 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\111320-19031-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x1C3B20
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B 0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80026242B19, 0xFFFFB988ED316D40, 0x0
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 11/12/2020 10:28:35 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\111220-11234-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x1C3B20
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF807545CBA07, 0xFFFFEC84A704DDF8, 0xFFFFD981E40D1930
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating thermal issue or because of a buggy driver.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 11/12/2020 8:10:40 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\111220-40968-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x1C2CE0
    Bugcheck code: 0xFC 0xFFFFF8007A600017, 0x80000007AE6E6829, 0xFFFFF90F4DB2EB60, 0x2
    Error: ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY
    Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt was made to execute non-executable memory.
    This may be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules. Memory corruption can also occur because of overheating thermal issue. There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.

On Thu 11/12/2020 7:59:44 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\111220-12156-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms2.sys 0xFFFFF8011DFE5A48
    Bugcheck code: 0xD1 0x10, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8011DFE5A48
    Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgmms2.sys
    description: DirectX Graphics MMS
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 11/10/2020 6:40:27 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\111020-18843-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys 0xFFFFF8061E51D705
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B 0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8061E51D705, 0xFFFF9F871E1169A0, 0x0
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
    description: NT File System Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a file system driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Mon 11/9/2020 6:06:19 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\110920-22343-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: cfosspeed6.sys 0xFFFFF8062A26E549
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8062A26E549, 0xFFFFEE0273B66E18, 0xFFFFEE0273B66660
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cfosspeed6.sys
    product: cFosSpeed Driver
    company: cFos Software GmbH
    description: cFosSpeed Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: cfosspeed6.sys cFosSpeed Driver, cFos Software GmbH.
    Google query: cfosspeed6.sys cFos Software GmbH SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

On Mon 11/9/2020 5:53:26 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\110920-17500-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: hidclass.sys 0xFFFFF80055C0609F
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80055C0609F, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\hidclass.sys
    description: Hid Class Library
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating thermal issue or because of a buggy driver.

On Mon 11/9/2020 5:18:48 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\110920-20265-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: cfosspeed6.sys 0xFFFFF8026BB8E505
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8026BB8E505, 0xFFFFFE8FFD5FEE18, 0xFFFFFE8FFD5FE660
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\cfosspeed6.sys
    product: cFosSpeed Driver
    company: cFos Software GmbH
    description: cFosSpeed Driver
    Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: cfosspeed6.sys cFosSpeed Driver, cFos Software GmbH.
    Google query: cfosspeed6.sys cFos Software GmbH SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

On Mon 11/9/2020 5:13:29 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\110920-23859-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys 0xFFFFF8014F51D705
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B 0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8014F51D705, 0xFFFFF0881948E9A0, 0x0
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
    description: NT File System Driver
    The crash took place in a file system driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

:)

Boy1245, Nov 13, 2020
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Nov 13, 2020
  3. Issues with new Graphics Card install

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to install the graphic card driver in compatibility mode from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue persists or not.

Official Support | ASUS Global

Compatibility mode runs the driver using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow the below steps:

• Right-click on
      • Run this the setup file of the driver and select Properties.
      • Select Compatibility tab.
      • Place a check mark next to program in Compatibility mode and select previous the version of Windows from the drop down list.
      • Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 13, 2020
  4. Constant BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card

Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

Constant BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card

1. Constant BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card - Similar Threads - Constant BSOD Installing

2. PC began to give BSOD shortly after installing a new Graphics Card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC began to give BSOD shortly after installing a new Graphics Card: Multiple hours after starting up the PC, it will Bluescreen with the text of "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". Checking the event viewer's bugcheck log produces this:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000096, 0xffffdd01bd38fff0,...
  3. Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card: Hello,I've upgraded from my GTX 1070 to a RTX 3070 in early March and I'm encountering various BSODs regulary a week ever since. The BSODs occur when watching YouTube videos, running GIMP 2.10.34 and sometimes even in Idle state where no program is active that consumes...
  4. Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card: Hello,I've upgraded from my GTX 1070 to a RTX 3070 in early March and I'm encountering various BSODs regulary a week ever since. The BSODs occur when watching YouTube videos, running GIMP 2.10.34 and sometimes even in Idle state where no program is active that consumes...
  5. Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card

6. BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card

BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card: Hello,After upgrading from a GTX 1070 to a RTX 3070, I received a BSOD at the desktop and a DMP file was created. It has only happened one time and it was on the first boot up with the 3070.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqhFwSuY8Ahin31NcPzKnMyWEsiH?e=KCVDJt...
  7. Webcam not working after installing a new graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam not working after installing a new graphics card: I have the Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000, which has been working amazingly since I got it in October. The video is clear, The microphone is great, everything about it works well. The problem is after I installed a new graphics card, the camera stopped working correctly and,...
  8. Repeating BSOD after new graphics card

Repeating BSOD after new graphics card: I recently got the NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 Super but it seems to be messing up my pc. I keep getting BSOD at random points with different error messages. Minidumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anb0Wr8UfRTHgf9OABho_Pw-Zu5dTw?e=jfJdt0 I can't reset my PC completely without getting...
  9. BSOD after installing new graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after installing new graphics card: I was looking for a budget PC that could run games with decent graphics. I ended up purchasing a Dell Optiplex 3020 MT to upgrade for gaming. I have since then put a new power supply and graphics card in it. After installing the graphics card, I could play games for about 10...
  10. BSOD after new processor and graphics card

BSOD after new processor and graphics card: Attachment 61050 Hey guys, I'm pretty computer savvy, however I am having issues with BSODs. I've run memtest, I've run primetest, I've run Super Pi. They all come back with no errors. I've updated to the latest drivers, device manager shows no issues. I've installed a new...