Windows 10: Constant BSOD after October updates

Discus and support Constant BSOD after October updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am getting constant BSOD since turning my computer back on after the Thanksgiving Weekend. My computer was crashing infrequently before this just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pellamore, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Pellamore Win User

Constant BSOD after October updates

I am getting constant BSOD since turning my computer back on after the Thanksgiving Weekend. My computer was crashing infrequently before this just since end of September/beginning of October, it's a new install since May and I've had no issues up til now, so I made sure to install the most recent updates, and now it's practically unusable. I've made no major changes except for the updates. All the hardware is the same I've always been using. I've been getting a succession of error codes. I'd love to link my dump file, but my computer keeps crashing before I can access it. The codes I've been getting are a combination of

• System Service Exception this one seems to be the most frequent
    • Kernel security check failure
    • Kmode exception not handled I got this one a lot at first but then it seems to have been largely replaced by the first two
    • Attempted write to readonly memory
    • Timer or dpc invalid This is the last one I got before I quit for the night

Here are the actions I have taken

• Uninstalled the updates and paused system update
    • Uninstalled third party antivirus software Norton and Avast
    • Run windows security scan came back clean
    • run sfc/scannow came back clean
    • disabled fast boot
    • disabled all programs that had been set to autorun, like discord and steam

I also ran a driver verifier and the drivers lvuvc64.sys and fltmgr.sys pinged back. The former appears to be connected to my webcam, a logitech c270. Disabling it prompted the latter driver error.

I was attempting to run a malwarebytes scan when the Timer or DPC Invalid error was given.

In conclusion, I am fully aware that posting a dump file or at least the system specs will likely be necessary, however I'm posting this from my phone at 1:30 in the morning in frustration and don't have access to that information. I'm hopeful that this post will do as a start, and hopefully I'll be able to snag any further required information before my computer crashes on me again tomorrow.

:)

Pellamore, Oct 15, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

KernelBase.dll is broken constant BSOD's constant game crashing.

Hi Darry,

User Profile corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing constant BSOD's on your computer. You mentioned that you ran the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool, but is still getting a stop code. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you create a new User Profile and check if the issue persists.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.

You may also check this link
    to fix BSOD errors. Choose the situation when you experienced the problem and follow the troubleshooting steps.

Dyan Rey, Oct 15, 2020
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Oct 15, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Constant BSOD after October updates - Similar Threads - Constant BSOD October

2. Constant BSODs after windows update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSODs after windows update.: Today my computer installed several updates and ever since I have been getting a BSOD with a different message every ~30 minutes.Here are the updates that were installed:Dell, Inc. - Firmware - 0.1.6.02021-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems...
  3. Constant BSODs after windows update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSODs after windows update.: Today my computer installed several updates and ever since I have been getting a BSOD with a different message every ~30 minutes.Here are the updates that were installed:Dell, Inc. - Firmware - 0.1.6.02021-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64-based Systems...
  4. Constant BSODs after windows update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. A lot of BSoD issues after October Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A lot of BSoD issues after October Update: Since OCTOBER 2020 Update is installed in my PC, from then I am getting a lot of BSoDs. Once I was giving my online exam at that important moment BSoD appeared, and I had to write whole exam again. {APSHABD}...
  6. BSOD after pushed october 2020 update

BSOD after pushed october 2020 update: Hello All i have an interesting situation... I was working away as per normal on my Toshiba intel I7 P70 laptop and time had come to pack away and go home. FYI my update setting are set to 365 days for feature update and 30 days for quality update I was going to shut down...
  7. Constantly BSOD after recent update?

Constantly BSOD after recent update?: I got myself a trouble, my pc keeps bluescreen after I update/upgrade my pc last month. I upgrade from HDD to SSD (and adding 8gb more ram). so I had to reintall windows 10 with it latest update, but I notice that it keeps BSOD with error notice "irql_not_less_or_equal" I...
  8. Constant different BSODs after update

Constant different BSODs after update: I was forced to update to the newest update and title update to play gears 5 (which ctd on its own a ton) Ever since then ive been getting ramoant blue screens for kernel security, memory management, you name it. Everything was fine before then. Updated all my drivers, ran...
  9. Random BSOD After October update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD After October update 1809: Hello I have a dell Inspiron 15 3567 running windows 10 1709 with last updates, i did an upgrade the last few days to 1809 October update, But since the upgrade i had a random BSOD all with the same msg «PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA ", Note that all my drivers are update....
  10. BSOD after October Update

BSOD after October Update: About 5 days ago I installed the October update manually and after that I get 10 bsod per day. The most common errors are: memery managment, access violation, page fault in nonpaged area and other. Errors indicate that I have a problem with RAM. Taking out one of the slats, I...