Windows 10: Constant BSOD even after fresh install

Discus and support Constant BSOD even after fresh install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I built this PC in 2010. It's time to replace for sure, but that doesn't excuse the constant crashing. Asus Maximus III Extreme (LGA-1156) Intel Core... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bkconn, Jan 24, 2019.

1. bkconn Win User

Constant BSOD even after fresh install

I built this PC in 2010. It's time to replace for sure, but that doesn't excuse the constant crashing.
    Asus Maximus III Extreme (LGA-1156)
    Intel Core i7-860
    AMD Radeon HD 5850
    8GB DDR3-1600 (I have 16GB total in 2 sticks but only one stick installed atm)
    Kingston 120GB SSD - OS
    WD 2TB HDD - Backup/Media/Game Installs/Misc

So my PC has been crashing for months. At first it was much less frequent, but now I can pretty much make it crash on command just by opening Firefox/Edge or even the Battle.Net Launcher. At first I thought it was a faulty media HDD so I replaced the old one (which DOES have issues) with the new 2TB listed above. Then I thought maybe it was my RAM. At the time I was using 4 sticks, 2 different matching pairs (2x4GB) (2x2GB) for 12GB total. Because I originally had 4x2GB and salvaged 2x4GB from a different PC and just wanted a slight upgrade, anyways I went back to the original setup and still crashed. Now I have bought 2 brand new sticks of 8GB Corsair Vengeance and am still crashing. Then I thought maybe it was a DIMM slot on the MOBO, so at the moment I have one stick of 8GB in but it's still crashing. I have reset Windows 10 several times and finally just recently did a complete fresh install; deleting the old partitions and creating new ones on the SSD, thought I now wish I had formatted the partitions while I had the option before simply deleting them.

I tell you all that to explain that I only have the most recent dumps since the fresh install. Though I took several pictures of my BSOD and the many different stop codes I was getting before.

So long story short, the PC was crashing any time I tried to use any internet browser, my main browser being Firefox. So I gave up stopped using my PC for a few months and eventually came back to it just to play video games in my free time. For a while I could play World of Warcraft just fine through the Blizzard/Battle.net Launcher though my PC would crash maybe once or twice a day just seemingly randomly iirc. Eventually I found the Battle.net Launcher was crashing pretty much every time I started it, so to work around that instead of solving the problem, I just launched the wow.exe and could still play that way. I've been doing this for the past couple of weeks and they recently updated the game, so my client doesn't match the live version and I can't play without updating. You can't update without the launcher. So here I am again crashing constantly. Up until today I had only used Windows internal "reset" feature in an attempt to get a fresh start, but I would still crash as soon as I used the browser or started trying to launch the blizzard launcher.

So today I finally got on a different PC and created a Win10 flash drive, booted to that and used it to do a complete fresh install. I'm actually posting this from the troubled PC right now. After this fresh install, Edge seems to be quite a bit more reliable than it was previously. I think it DID crash once, the first time I tried to use it after the fresh install. Now it seems stable enough to download ninite and the Battle.net Launcher, and even make this post, but the Battle.net Launcher is still very reliably crashing with the SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTPTION_NOT_HANDLED stop code. And it is telling me ACPI.sys is the failure, though some research into this has shown that ACPI.sys is usually not the issue.

I know this may not be of much help, you wont find this in the logs I uploaded because all I have is the 4 or 5 most recent crashes which are all very similar. But some of the previous stop codes I was getting were interesting so I'll list them here for reference:
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (What failed: ACPI.sys)
    KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTPTION_NOT_HANDLED (What failed: atikmdag.sys)
    VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL
    PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (What failed: afd.sys)
    SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTPTION_NOT_HANDLED (What failed: ACPI.sys)

I can't help but feel like it must be a hardware issue related to a vodka+cranberry spill I had about a year ago when I think the PC first started crashing. It went all over my Logitech G910 Keyboard and fried it. There was a small amount of drippage from the desk onto the PC tower sitting on the floor. I pulled the plug as fast as I could to cut the power. Cleaned everything I could with lots of iso and qtips. Replaced the keyboard. And then I think maybe that's when I first started noticing the crashing, though I could be wrong. Just trying to give you ALL the info I can think of. Thank you to anyone who is still reading this and willing to help!

:)

bkconn, Jan 24, 2019
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

KernelBase.dll is broken constant BSOD's constant game crashing.

Hi Darry,

User Profile corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing constant BSOD's on your computer. You mentioned that you ran the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool, but is still getting a stop code. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you create a new User Profile and check if the issue persists.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.

You may also check this link
    to fix BSOD errors. Choose the situation when you experienced the problem and follow the troubleshooting steps.

Dyan Rey, Jan 24, 2019
  3. axe0 Win User
    Multiple BSODs in a fresh install of Windows 10

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Constant BSOD even after fresh install [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

4. Velokki Win User

Constant crashes on fresh W10 - ntoskrnl.exe

Right, I decided to run the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool. This is what it came up with:

This showed up on the boot after that:

I take it the RAM is faulty then?

Velokki, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Constant BSOD even after fresh install - Similar Threads - Constant BSOD fresh

2. BSODs, even after fresh windows install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs, even after fresh windows install: Folder containing dumps, dxdiags, etchttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1iuCgQsfrdQbidEQro-iqvDDs2Fguls_R?usp=sharingCausesStarted when upgrading old system, components are:i9 14900k - CPUASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI - MOBOKingston 32GB 2x16GB DDR5 6000MHz CL36 FURY...
  3. Constant BSODs after fresh installation of Windows

Constant BSODs after fresh installation of Windows: Hi everyone,I'll try keep this as brief as possible but I am not sure what the important details are to include.A while back I upgraded my pc to include some new RAM second hand from someone I trust, and shortly after I started receiving constant BSODs. For some reason the...
  4. Constant BSODs after fresh installation of Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSODs after fresh installation of Windows: Hi everyone,I'll try keep this as brief as possible but I am not sure what the important details are to include.A while back I upgraded my pc to include some new RAM second hand from someone I trust, and shortly after I started receiving constant BSODs. For some reason the...
  5. Constant BSODs after fresh installation of Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Constant BSOD'S, even after 3 clean fresh installs of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD'S, even after 3 clean fresh installs of windows: Hi, so I built my first ever pc a year ago during Christmas and it started off fine for a couple months then at some random point in time it started to BSOD sporadically. after as much research, troubleshooting, installing, updating, and everything I could muster to try to...
  7. Constant BSOD'S, even after 3 clean fresh installs of windows

Constant BSOD'S, even after 3 clean fresh installs of windows: Hi, so I built my first ever pc a year ago during Christmas and it started off fine for a couple months then at some random point in time it started to BSOD sporadically. after as much research, troubleshooting, installing, updating, and everything I could muster to try to...
  8. Constant BSOD'S, even after 3 clean fresh installs of windows

9. Repeated BSODs, even after fresh install.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repeated BSODs, even after fresh install.: Hi. I"m not new to the PC game by any means and I've done all the troubleshooting I can think of and even learned some new tricks. I got a new PCIe capture card Elgato 4K60 Pro for Christmas. I went to put it in. Everything worked fine for a couple hours, then multiple...
  10. BSOD constantly on fresh install

BSOD constantly on fresh install: So i was asked to look at a computer that belongs to my co-workers son. I said sure and went over to look. The sone was having issues with crashes, so the tech he called told him to upgrade to 10. He went and bought a 10 disk and installed it, but now nothing works. When...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. constant bsod on new install