Windows 10: Constant BSOD ever since installing new motherboard/case

Discus and support Constant BSOD ever since installing new motherboard/case in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I was sent a link here from a Microsoft forum I posted, and I am exhausted. Almost 2 weeks ago, I received a new motherboard, some fans, CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by socalgags, Jul 7, 2021.

1. socalgags Win User

Constant BSOD ever since installing new motherboard/case

Hello, I was sent a link here from a Microsoft forum I posted, and I am exhausted. Almost 2 weeks ago, I received a new motherboard, some fans, CPU cooler, case and an SSD to upgrade my PC with. The parts I was reusing from my PC were my cpu, ram, hdd/two ssds, power supply and 3 fans, and all of them had been working perfectly fine ever since I got them (3700x I bought at launch, etc.) I installed the new and old hardware into the new case, and that's when all of the BSOD's began happening. I can't recall to give an extremely detailed chain of events, frankly because I am exhausted and have been trying to troubleshoot by myself for nearly 2 weeks. All I know is I have reinstalled Windows over 10 times, ran Windows memory diagnostic and memtest86 dozens of times (each and every time reporting back with 0 errors.) Most recently, I ordered a replacement motherboard from Amazon to rule out the motherboard issue, and I still received the same BSODs. I unplugged my HDD and that seemed to cut down on the amount of BSODs, but generally speaking the PC can work for hours at a time (last night I watched a movie and played games for hours without a hiccup) but as soon as I BSOD, there will be multiple, consecutive BSODs. The most common I can recall off of the top of my head, are: -kernel security check failure -apc index mismatch -reference by pointer -irql not less or equal -dpc watchdog violation -kernel thread priority floor violation There are definitely more, I'm just forgetting them right now. Whenever it states what failed on the BSOD, the only two I have seen are "ntoskrnl.exe" and "win32kfull.sys" Other things that have induced a crash have been me plugging in my g pro x wireless headset, installing chrome, discord, origin, battle.net... Right now, I have the PC running on the desktop, and it is fairly stable with only the gpu driver, chipset driver, and wifi adapter driver, but Edge doesn't work... All of these issues have persisted through multiple installations of Windows on 2 different SSDs. Latest nvidia driver (30.0.14.7111) latest chipset drivers from AMD website, tp-link driver, and latest bios revision for my motherboard (2.00), and I am on Windows 10 Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1083) and it is Up to date.DESKTOP-AN3NQQU-(2021-07-06_18-13-10).zip Ryzen 7 3700x 2080 ti Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1tb Sabrent Rocket Q 1tb Samsung 850 Pro 256gb (C drive) asrock b550 steel legend thermaltake 650watt 80+ gold PSU crucial ballistix 32gb (2x8GB) 3200mhz tp-link archer t6e pcie wifi adapter

:)

socalgags, Jul 7, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

KernelBase.dll is broken constant BSOD's constant game crashing.

Hi Darry,

User Profile corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing constant BSOD's on your computer. You mentioned that you ran the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool, but is still getting a stop code. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you create a new User Profile and check if the issue persists.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.

You may also check this link
    to fix BSOD errors. Choose the situation when you experienced the problem and follow the troubleshooting steps.

Dyan Rey, Jul 7, 2021
  3. FLY
    Fly Win User
    New motherboard - Constant BSOD

A few days ago, I replaced my B450 Tomahawk Max with a B550 Aorus Pro and ever since I've been having constant BSOD's.
    I'm running Windows 10 2004 and the latest BIOS for the new motherboard (BSOD issues were occurring before updating BIOS).

At first I simply swapped the old motherboard with the new one. It was working fine for a bit until I got the first BSOD.
    Ever since then, I've been having multiple BSOD's a day.

I thought reinstalling Windows might fix it, but it didn't. I didn't do a full reinstall, but I selected "Keep files" (Applications were deleted) during the reset.

Also turned off the XMP profile of my RAM, didn't have any effect.

Same day after the reinstall I had another BSOD.

See below for a link to multiple .txt files with Analyze-V results from WinDbg (One from yesterday, the rest from today)

Google Drive: Sign-in

Does anyone know what's going on?

4. whirlly Win User

Freezing on new- motherboard, fresh install

Hi axe0,

I've attached the new zip file and pasted the pictures below. I'll submit another reply once I've completed the driver verifier step.

CPU

Constant BSOD ever since installing new motherboard/case [​IMG]

Mainboard

Memory

SPD Slot 1

SPD Slot 2

SPD Slot 3

SPD Slot 4 is empty

Graphic

whirlly, Jul 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Constant BSOD ever since installing new motherboard/case - Similar Threads - Constant BSOD ever

2. Changing to a new motherboard and case

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing to a new motherboard and case: Hello, I am looking to take the parts from my HP PC and put them into a brand new case and motherboard. I want to be able to take the windows key license with it. I would also like to take both SSD from my pc into the new one unwiped one is boot drive and does have a windows...
  3. Changing to a new motherboard and case

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing to a new motherboard and case: Hello, I am looking to take the parts from my HP PC and put them into a brand new case and motherboard. I want to be able to take the windows key license with it. I would also like to take both SSD from my pc into the new one unwiped one is boot drive and does have a windows...
  4. Changing to a new motherboard and case

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Constant BSODs since installing KB5022834

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSODs since installing KB5022834: I posted here a few days ago about constantly getting problems like Unexpected Store Exception, Kernel Data Inpage Error, and Memory Management after the February 16th, 2023 updates specifically KB5022834 were released. I've done many tests like sfc, DISM, chkdisk, Memory...
  6. Constant BSODs since installing KB5022834

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSODs since installing KB5022834: I posted here a few days ago about constantly getting problems like Unexpected Store Exception, Kernel Data Inpage Error, and Memory Management after the February 16th, 2023 updates specifically KB5022834 were released. I've done many tests like sfc, DISM, chkdisk, Memory...
  7. Constant BSODs since installing KB5022834

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. System worked for 2 months...constant BSOD ever since.

System worked for 2 months...constant BSOD ever since.: Hello, I am at my wits end with my latest build. I built my machine back in October 2020. I got 2 months of use and 8 months of chasing my tail. Here are the specs: Operating System: Windows 10 Home build 19043 64-bitCPU Type: AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12-Core Motherboard: MAG...
  9. Transferred PC Components into new case/motherboard, constant BSODs.

Transferred PC Components into new case/motherboard, constant BSODs.: Hello, I desperately need help. A few days ago, I bought a new case, CPU cooler, fans and a new motherboard, and transferred everything else from my old PC, including SSD, Hard Drive, CPU, RAM, etc. I plugged it all up and made the mistake of booting into Windows from the SSD...
  10. New motherboard - Constant BSOD

New motherboard - Constant BSOD: A few days ago, I replaced my B450 Tomahawk Max with a B550 Aorus Pro and ever since I've been having constant BSOD's. I'm running Windows 10 2004 and the latest BIOS for the new motherboard (BSOD issues were occurring before updating BIOS). At first I simply swapped the old...