Windows 10: Constant BSOD of Critical_Process_Died after recent Windows 10 updates

Discus and support Constant BSOD of Critical_Process_Died after recent Windows 10 updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, Around October last year, a series of Windows 10 Updates began to cause the following BSOD error: - Each time when I turn on my Alienware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrunoNice, Jan 14, 2019.

1. BrunoNice Win User

Constant BSOD of Critical_Process_Died after recent Windows 10 updates

Hi there,

Around October last year, a series of Windows 10 Updates began to cause the following BSOD error:

- Each time when I turn on my Alienware 17R3 laptop, shortly after logging in to Windows, I get a BSOD with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

- The Error Dump process fails to create a dump file, nor does anything specific appear in Event Viewer or Reliability Monitor

- The machine either automatically restarts, or crashes at 0% (collecting information) and I need to switch it off

- The second time, after restart, the machine runs as normal, without any problems.

- Then the next day, the problem repeats.

Because the issue only happens the first time I start the machine ("coldboot"?) I thought the issue might be hardware-related. However I ran the following tests:

- Run in Safe Mode

- Clean Boot

- Reinstall Windows completely

For these three tests, the machine ran perfectly without problems, so I know the issue is not hardware-related.

Upon reinstalling Windows 10 completely, I blocked future Windows Updates and there were no issues.

However recently, once again, Windows 10 somehow forced an update, and also kindly removed all my previous Restore Points!!!

Guess what, the same problem has returned.

I have:

- Updated all drivers

- Ran all scans/diagnostics under the sun (including those from Dell, Intel, etc.)

- Ran all Windows Update/Troubleshooting etc.

Any ideas what might be causing the issue?

Many thanks

:)

BrunoNice, Jan 14, 2019

2. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Constant CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - Windows 10

Hi, I have an HP Pavilion P6000 series desktop that I recently reset (and removed all files) because of junk that had accumulated on the OS. I did a reset using a Windows 10 disk, and the PC reset successfully. However, I now get constant CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED
    error messages that restart my PC. I reinstalled Windows (without removing files) to see if I could fix it that way, nothing worked. Also, when I try to launch Startup Repair it says "cant start system repair" and restarts the computer. Any suggestions on
    how to fix the error message at this point?

IAN KAISERMAN, Jan 14, 2019
  4. NGKH5 Win User

BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows-

On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!PsSetLegoNotifyRoutine+0x46C)

Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFFFFFA8C97440, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.

There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .

Google query: ntkrpamp.exe CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Following is a link to my "one drive" BSOD folder with memory.dmp and other files for evaluation:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhtpFas_Rp_hiUvPKtxMgmB-b1B5

Please advise resolution for the said BSOD. Thanx!

NGKH5, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Constant BSOD of Critical_Process_Died after recent Windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - Constant BSOD Critical_Process_Died

2. Constant BSOD Critical_Process_Died on windows 11 WHEA on windows10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD Critical_Process_Died on windows 11 WHEA on windows10: Hi,i was having constant BSOD WHEA under windows 10, then i did a clean reinstallation of windows 11 and i'm now getting Critical_Process_Died.-> BSOD occurs quite randomly browsing, restarting windows.. and also when putting load on cpu/gpu some games, Unity, at a random...
  3. Constant BSOD Critical_Process_Died on windows 11 WHEA on windows10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD Critical_Process_Died on windows 11 WHEA on windows10: Hi,i was having constant BSOD WHEA under windows 10, then i did a clean reinstallation of windows 11 and i'm now getting Critical_Process_Died.-> BSOD occurs quite randomly browsing, restarting windows.. and also when putting load on cpu/gpu some games, Unity, at a random...
  4. Windows 10 BSOD after updates, recent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 BSOD after updates, recent: M HP laptop has gone into BSOD. I can't safe boot, it doesn't work. It just keeps going into error after doing the power on, wait for logo, then power off, 5 times. before allowing full boot then and I get same error. PNP Detected Fatal error and it says collecting...
  5. Windows 10 BSoD "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"and"UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPT ION"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSoD "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"and"UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPT ION": Hi all, My pc started to get BSoD while gaming since 1 week ago. things i tried; MemTest86+ test Bios update Driver update (graphics card, chipset, realtek lan drivers and so on) CPU and GPU stress test for 1 hours+ Harddisk and ssd health check Cleaning inside of pc Ran...
  6. Constantly BSOD after recent update?

Constantly BSOD after recent update?: I got myself a trouble, my pc keeps bluescreen after I update/upgrade my pc last month. I upgrade from HDD to SSD (and adding 8gb more ram). so I had to reintall windows 10 with it latest update, but I notice that it keeps BSOD with error notice "irql_not_less_or_equal" I...
  7. Windows 10 BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Windows 10 BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: I have had an on-going problem with my computer... Computer Specs: i7-3770k Asus Sabertooth Z77 120 GB SSD (OS / A Few Apps / No Page File) 600 WD Raptor (Main Progam Drive / Page File) Defrag Turned Off Windows Defender turned off through group policy 16 GB RAM...
  8. Critical_Process_Died BSOD windows 10

Critical_Process_Died BSOD windows 10: simply can't boot into windows 10. it just blue screens whenever it starts. I can't do SFC /scannow and dism. I can't do safe mode, the same thing. all the parts were bought brand new. Rig: Windows 10 Pro i5 6600k OC 4.1GhZ GTX 950 OC Stock 8GB ram 2144 Seagate...
  9. Constant bsod error - critical_process_died

Constant bsod error - critical_process_died: I keep getting a bsod error that says "critical_process_died". I don't know too much about bsod errors so I'm not really sure on how to fix this. I've ran the sfc.exe/scannow command and it said it found corrupted files, but couldn't fix them. I then ran the dism...restore...
  10. Windows 10 BSOD Critical_process_died

Windows 10 BSOD Critical_process_died: Running a Dell Latitude E5500. Bought it with Windows 7 Pro, and upgraded it to Windows 10. It wasn't a clean install, but an upgrade. I normally like to do clean installs, but did the upgrade on purpose to get used to the whole Windows 10 update process. Everything was...