Windows 10: Constant BSOD on New Laptop - "DCP Watchdog Violation"

Discus and support Constant BSOD on New Laptop - "DCP Watchdog Violation" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I purchased a new ASUS laptop a couple weeks ago and upon opening it I ran screen checks and benchmarks to make sure that everything was going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AJ Preston, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Constant BSOD on New Laptop - "DCP Watchdog Violation"

I purchased a new ASUS laptop a couple weeks ago and upon opening it I ran screen checks and benchmarks to make sure that everything was going smoothly. During the first benchmark it crashed with error code "DCP Watchdog Error". I looked this up and found it was caused by driver errors. I made sure all Windows updates were installed and to the best of my ability updated all drivers. After using the laptop here and there I have found that it crashes all the time with DCP watchdog error.

Many sources indicate it has something to do with SATA controllers, however the only drive in this computer is a PCIe M.2. I ensured the BIOS was up to date. My Nvidia graphics drivers are up to date. Whenever I try to start a video game it never actually loads and crashes to BSOD.

If there are any logs or spec sheets that anyone needs please let me know what and how you would like them, there seem to be a ton of options. The laptop is a Zephyrus GX531GX.

Thanks,

:)

AJ Preston, Apr 21, 2020

2. DCP watchdog Violation

Pages freeze.How to fix DCP Watchdog Violation ?

trudyguldin, Apr 21, 2020
  3. david9527 Win User
    BSOD DCP watchdog violation

Getting frequent BSOD with DCP watchdog violations

I have updated everything I could find or think of, including the graphics card and all the drivers through windows.

I even reinstalled the system, please help.

Constant BSOD on New Laptop - "DCP Watchdog Violation" b3211876-441e-47c1-b96f-a9702c79de97?upload=true.png

david9527, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Constant BSOD on New Laptop - "DCP Watchdog Violation"

windows 10 freezes-DCP watchdog violation

Can anyone help me with this?

My desktop freezes and I get a bluescreen with the message-DCP watchdog violation.

Thanks in advance.

ddmeltzer8, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Constant BSOD on New Laptop - "DCP Watchdog Violation"

1. Constant BSOD on New Laptop - "DCP Watchdog Violation" - Similar Threads - Constant BSOD Laptop

2. DCP Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCP Watchdog Violation: Стоклнулся с проблемой во время использования компьютера, зависания на несколько минут и после синий экран. Скачал дампчек, но не могу найти в чем проблема.************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository...
  3. DCP Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DCP Watchdog Violation: Стоклнулся с проблемой во время использования компьютера, зависания на несколько минут и после синий экран. Скачал дампчек, но не могу найти в чем проблема.************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository...
  4. DCP Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DCP Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCP Watchdog Violation: After i Upgradet to Windows 11 i get BSOD with the error code DCP Watchdog Violation. It comes more often when i am Gaming but sometimes even in idle.After i read out the minidump Data it says that amdppm.sys is the cause of the problem but i don't find a working solution...
  6. DCP Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DCP Watchdog Violation: After i Upgradet to Windows 11 i get BSOD with the error code DCP Watchdog Violation. It comes more often when i am Gaming but sometimes even in idle.After i read out the minidump Data it says that amdppm.sys is the cause of the problem but i don't find a working solution...
  7. DCP Watchdog violation BSOD

DCP Watchdog violation BSOD: Hi everyone,I have a laptop and a desktop computer and both have started displaying the BSOD with a DCP WATCHDOG VIOLATION ERROR, it's driving me insane and I'm completely out of my depth. I've tried a couple of things such as updating my graphic card driver but the error...
  8. DCP Watchdog Violation

DCP Watchdog Violation: My PC recently has been having the Watch dog violation BSOD, when I go to event viewer the error is: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000e2 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in:...
  9. DCP Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DCP Watchdog Violation: Hi I just updated windows recently with the latest updates and received a DCP Watchdog Violation error.Im running W10 Pro I also recently upgraded my Telstra smart ModemAny ideas pls?Thanks...
  10. Dcp Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dcp Watchdog Violation: Hello I´ve windows 10 professional ,and somtimes ive a blue screen with no error code just DPC Watchdog Violation ..how can i resolve? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dcp-watchdog-violation/b2194276-b20f-4f1d-9ac7-29071bfceab3