Windows 10: Constant BSOD on New Laptop - "DCP Watchdog Violation"

Discus and support Constant BSOD on New Laptop - "DCP Watchdog Violation" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I purchased a new ASUS laptop a couple weeks ago and upon opening it I ran screen checks and benchmarks to make sure that everything was going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AJ Preston, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Constant BSOD on New Laptop - "DCP Watchdog Violation"

I purchased a new ASUS laptop a couple weeks ago and upon opening it I ran screen checks and benchmarks to make sure that everything was going smoothly. During the first benchmark it crashed with error code "DCP Watchdog Error". I looked this up and found it was caused by driver errors. I made sure all Windows updates were installed and to the best of my ability updated all drivers. After using the laptop here and there I have found that it crashes all the time with DCP watchdog error.

Many sources indicate it has something to do with SATA controllers, however the only drive in this computer is a PCIe M.2. I ensured the BIOS was up to date. My Nvidia graphics drivers are up to date. Whenever I try to start a video game it never actually loads and crashes to BSOD.

If there are any logs or spec sheets that anyone needs please let me know what and how you would like them, there seem to be a ton of options. The laptop is a Zephyrus GX531GX.

Thanks,

:)

AJ Preston, Apr 21, 2020

2. DCP watchdog Violation

Pages freeze.How to fix DCP Watchdog Violation ?

trudyguldin, Apr 21, 2020
  3. david9527 Win User
    BSOD DCP watchdog violation

Getting frequent BSOD with DCP watchdog violations

I have updated everything I could find or think of, including the graphics card and all the drivers through windows.

I even reinstalled the system, please help.

Constant BSOD on New Laptop - "DCP Watchdog Violation" b3211876-441e-47c1-b96f-a9702c79de97?upload=true.png

david9527, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Constant BSOD on New Laptop - "DCP Watchdog Violation"

windows 10 freezes-DCP watchdog violation

Can anyone help me with this?

My desktop freezes and I get a bluescreen with the message-DCP watchdog violation.

Thanks in advance.

ddmeltzer8, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Constant BSOD on New Laptop - "DCP Watchdog Violation"

1. Constant BSOD on New Laptop - "DCP Watchdog Violation" - Similar Threads - Constant BSOD Laptop

2. BSOD Bluescreen of Death - DCP watchdog violation, seems to be with Hal.dll and/or...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Bluescreen of Death - DCP watchdog violation, seems to be with Hal.dll and/or...: I keep getting frequent BSOD with DCP watchdog violations on my ASUS ROG GM501GM laptop. My laptop specs are as follows: Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit CPU Intel Core i7 @ 2.20GHz 48 °C Coffee Lake 14nm Technology RAM 16.0GB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER...
  3. DCP Watchdog Violations and Frequent Freezing

DCP Watchdog Violations and Frequent Freezing: I have a Lenovo T450s laptop with Windows 10 installed. Yesterday I started having problems with my computer freezing. Sometimes the laptop reboots itself and I get a error message about a DCP Watchdog violation. The problems started after I did some updates recommended by a...
  4. Need help with BSOD "DCP Watchdog Violation" on new laptop with fresh install.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with BSOD "DCP Watchdog Violation" on new laptop with fresh install.: Just opened up my new ASUS Zephyrus laptop after my old laptop just took a crap and was getting everything checked out when I got a BSOD with message "DCP Watchdog Violation". I first encountered this when running UserBenchmark to ensure the components were working as...
  5. DCP Watchdog Violation - Windows 10 Insider vb_release_19033

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DCP Watchdog Violation - Windows 10 Insider vb_release_19033: I received this Green Screen of Death GSOD stating that I got a "DCP_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". I looked on previous Microsoft Support answers all stating that it was due to old SSD firmware. I am currently running Windows 10 vb_release 19033 Windows Insider build. I recently...
  6. BSOD DCP watchdog violation, seems to be with Hal.dll or nkroskltn.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD DCP watchdog violation, seems to be with Hal.dll or nkroskltn.exe: Hi, My PC keeps crashing and giving BSOD's: Crash address ntoskrnl.exe+1bfcc0 Caused By Driver hal.dll Uploaded minidump and Bluescreenview Report: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x-ouu1K-6JOKOuMQoSXLPg8oDXZV41Qr...
  7. BSOD DCP watchdog violation

BSOD DCP watchdog violation: Getting frequent BSOD with DCP watchdog violations I have updated everything I could find or think of, including the graphics card and all the drivers through windows. I even reinstalled the system, please help. [ATTACH]...
  8. BSOD DCP watchdog violation, seems to be with Hal.dll or nkroskltn

BSOD DCP watchdog violation, seems to be with Hal.dll or nkroskltn: Getting frequent BSOD with DCP watchdog violations Using a desktop, ASUS MB with crucial SSD on Win 10 Says its the Hal.dll or 041819-5453-01.dmp 2019-04-18 8:08:41 PM 0x00000133 00000000`00000001 00000000`00001e00 fffff805`66be2380 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe...
  9. Constant DPC Watchdog Violation BSODs on new computer?

Constant DPC Watchdog Violation BSODs on new computer?: Back in May, I bought a new computer (Windows 10) from Best Buy, and ever since I got it I've been getting DPC Watchdog Violation errors. While May doesn't sound particularly new, because of these errors, I've barely used it. I called the manufacturer (CyberPowerPC) for...
  10. DCP watchdog Violation

DCP watchdog Violation: Pages freeze.How to fix DCP Watchdog Violation ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/dcp-watchdog-violation/36057f10-9dd2-4bf0-a311-cffa1bf88ad5