Windows 10: Constant BSOD while gaming

Discus and support Constant BSOD while gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have a pretty new laptop and have so far been unable to do any gaming on it as I get constant BSOD. I sometimes get 'display driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tezza007, Mar 5, 2016.

1. tezza007 Win User

Constant BSOD while gaming

Hi guys,

I have a pretty new laptop and have so far been unable to do any gaming on it as I get constant BSOD. I sometimes get 'display driver nvidia windows kernel xxx.xx has stopped responding' (which has happened no matter which nvidia driver I've had installed, currently on 362.00). It only happens when gaming and I have been trying every tip I've read online. I've put the computer on high performance, I've updated drivers, I've checked that seemingly every little thing that could be wrong with it and yet, here I am, unable to use the laptop for the one reason I bought it.

Any help would be very very appreciated.

I've attached the DM log file.

Thank you in advance.

:)

tezza007, Mar 5, 2016

2. Constant BSOD's on Windows 10, when trying to play League of Legends game. errors, like "Bad Pool Header," "Faulty Hardware Corrupted Page," and "Attempted Write to ReadOnly Memory".

Everytime I try to play a game of League of Legends, I either blue screen loading in, during the game, or right before the game ends. I get a couple of random errors, like "Bad Pool Header," "Faulty Hardware Corrupted Page," and "Attempted Write to ReadOnly
    Memory". I have an Nvidia Geforce GT 730 Graphics Card, and not only did I constantly try to fix if it was a driver issue, but I even clean installed new drivers twice and updated it. I still get constant BSOD's. :/

OP - Constant BSOD's on Windows 10

LightzRetra, Mar 5, 2016
  3. Constant BSODs under medium load while gaming.

Recently I've started having BSODs occur while running games, and more infrequently at random times when the PC is not really under any load. These have been consistently DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL, BAD_OBJECT_HEADER, and a few other
    less frequent stop codes. I'm now able to pretty consistently recreate the crash by running a game of Overwatch, usually with 3 games I'll BSOD with one of these stop codes.

I've tried a series of debugging methods so far:

1. Memtest86, found no errors, also did the RAM DIMM slot shuffle, again finding no issues...

2. Replaced the RAM anyway, No change.

3. Reinstalled Windows on a series of different physical hard drives and one SSD, no change.

4. Replaced the motherboard entierly (after my machine started throwing these same errors while trying to install windows from a bootable USB made with the media creation tool. No longer convinced the old Mobo was bad), allowed me to install and run windows
    without immediate BSOD, but original problem not solved

5. Swapped out the GPU & updated GPU drivers, no effect

6. Swapped PSU, in case old psu went bad, no effect

7. Updated BIOS on both Mobos, no effect

8. Ran the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool, CPU Passes, including load tests

9. Implemented the suggestions for googling "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION windows 10" [rolled SATA AHCI driver to default, disabled fast boot in bios/windows], no effect

10. Tried to some success to recreate the crash by just loading the CPU via CPU-z, while I did get it to BSOD once I haven't been able to repeat it.

11. Updated all the drivers available on my motherboards manufacturer page, no effect

12. Ran System Tests in Ubuntu finding no issues, though I'll admit these were not really comprehensive.

While the CPU does pass the Intel tool, I've not had a chance to replace it with a known working unit as I don't currently have access to one of the correct package for my motherboard.

Pretty much at the end of my wits here as far as what to do next...

System info:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: MSI

System Model: MS-7A64

BIOS: 1.20

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16344MB RAM

Page File: 8034MB used, 11252MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Link to some of the latest crash dumps/minidumps:

CrashDumps.zip

And here is a CPU-Z report of my current system:

DESKTOP-PMEM6GD.txt

SergeyVikhlyantsev, Mar 5, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

All 3 dumps indicate the nvidia chip (hardware) or driver. These are the indicated fail causes:

dxgmms2.sys
    nvlddmkm.sys
    ntkrnlmp.exe

You might try an older driver for your nvidia gtx 950m, like:

GeForce Windows 10 Driver WHQL 355.69

GeForce Windows 10 Driver WHQL 353.30

You may also need to contact the manufacturer and have them replace the laptop if it can't be fixed.

Did it come with Windows 10 or did you upgrade from 8.1? If upgrade, have you tried backing up your data and doing a clean install?

Ztruker, Mar 5, 2016
  5. tezza007 Win User
    It came with windows 10. I've tried a few drivers already but I'll give those a try. Since it's never worked properly, I have a feeling that it is a hardware issue. But thank you for your reply.

tezza007, Mar 5, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Sounds like a good candidate to return to the seller and have it replaced to me, especially since it never worked right for you.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Constant BSOD while gaming - Similar Threads - Constant BSOD while

2. Constantly getting BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constantly getting BSOD while playing games: Hello, I am constantly getting BSOD while playing games consistently for over a year now. I've tried updating my graphic drivers, swapping my PSU to a new one, DDU and reinstalled brand new drivers but the BSOD still keeps happening. Most of the crash dump points to...
  3. Constantly getting BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constantly getting BSOD while playing games: Hello, I am constantly getting BSOD while playing games consistently for over a year now. I've tried updating my graphic drivers, swapping my PSU to a new one, DDU and reinstalled brand new drivers but the BSOD still keeps happening. Most of the crash dump points to...
  4. Constantly getting BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things: getting alot of blue screens, but i dont know how to read dump files, checked my disks, system files and updated 200 drivers what it feels like but no avail, will share dump files here if anyone could read em for mehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Alf67WR6b6Vll1IAevkLan55doxx?e=VcNYuV...
  6. BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things

BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things: getting alot of blue screens, but i dont know how to read dump files, checked my disks, system files and updated 200 drivers what it feels like but no avail, will share dump files here if anyone could read em for mehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Alf67WR6b6Vll1IAevkLan55doxx?e=VcNYuV...
  7. Constant BSOD while gaming

Constant BSOD while gaming: I've been getting constant BSOD issues with my pc whilst gaming for several months now with a variety of different bug check codes. Here are some of the them if that's any help at all.0x0000013aIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a...
  8. constant bsod while gaming

constant bsod while gaming: my system just started bsod while i'm playing games. critical software corruption. here is a one drive link to my dmp files and system specs. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgP0880zT6dNk3s3S9b1_0FKic_b thanks. my system is an HP Pavilion dv6 AMD A6 8gb ram 650GB hdd....
  9. Constant BSOD While Gaming

Constant BSOD While Gaming: I have gotten the following BSOD's pretty consistently lately. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (dxgmms2.sys) I have been playing Rise of the Tomb Raider using mostly the settings suggested by GeForce Experience...
  10. Constant BSODs under medium load while gaming

Constant BSODs under medium load while gaming: Hi TenForums, I'm posting an issue here that I've already fruitlessly posted on the microsoft forums because I'm all out of ideas.... The text from that post is copied below: Recently I've started having BSODs occur while running games, and more infrequently at random...