Windows 10: Constant BSOD While Gaming

Discus and support Constant BSOD While Gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have gotten the following BSOD's pretty consistently lately. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by billin30, Mar 11, 2016.

1. billin30 Win User

Constant BSOD While Gaming

I have gotten the following BSOD's pretty consistently lately.

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (dxgmms2.sys)

I have been playing Rise of the Tomb Raider using mostly the settings suggested by GeForce Experience except for a few added settings like hair etc. When I can play, everything runs perfectly fine, no artifacts and nice smooth frame rates. The crashes usually occur after about 15-20 minutes of gameplay, but once I get a crash and try to load the game back up again, I usually only get a few minutes.

I even recently got a crash playing Rocket League of all things.

I played through Starcraft 2 Legacy of the Void without any issues.

Fallout 4 would crash every now and then, but was better after they released an SLI profile for the game.

I have the latest Nvidia Drivers as of today and they were installed after running DDU to clean out my old drivers and I installed the latest drivers clean. I am going to run a MemTest tonight and I will run an IntelBurnTest shortly to rule out those issues. I never have any issues except when gaming.

EDIT: I was reading through some other posts and saw that someone wasnt on the lastest windows 10 build. Turns out I wasnt either. I have since run system update and am now on the latest Windows 10 build.

:)

billin30, Mar 11, 2016

2. Constant BSOD's on Windows 10, when trying to play League of Legends game. errors, like "Bad Pool Header," "Faulty Hardware Corrupted Page," and "Attempted Write to ReadOnly Memory".

Everytime I try to play a game of League of Legends, I either blue screen loading in, during the game, or right before the game ends. I get a couple of random errors, like "Bad Pool Header," "Faulty Hardware Corrupted Page," and "Attempted Write to ReadOnly
    Memory". I have an Nvidia Geforce GT 730 Graphics Card, and not only did I constantly try to fix if it was a driver issue, but I even clean installed new drivers twice and updated it. I still get constant BSOD's. :/

OP - Constant BSOD's on Windows 10

LightzRetra, Mar 11, 2016
  3. Constant BSODs under medium load while gaming.

Recently I've started having BSODs occur while running games, and more infrequently at random times when the PC is not really under any load. These have been consistently DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL, BAD_OBJECT_HEADER, and a few other
    less frequent stop codes. I'm now able to pretty consistently recreate the crash by running a game of Overwatch, usually with 3 games I'll BSOD with one of these stop codes.

I've tried a series of debugging methods so far:

1. Memtest86, found no errors, also did the RAM DIMM slot shuffle, again finding no issues...

2. Replaced the RAM anyway, No change.

3. Reinstalled Windows on a series of different physical hard drives and one SSD, no change.

4. Replaced the motherboard entierly (after my machine started throwing these same errors while trying to install windows from a bootable USB made with the media creation tool. No longer convinced the old Mobo was bad), allowed me to install and run windows
    without immediate BSOD, but original problem not solved

5. Swapped out the GPU & updated GPU drivers, no effect

6. Swapped PSU, in case old psu went bad, no effect

7. Updated BIOS on both Mobos, no effect

8. Ran the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool, CPU Passes, including load tests

9. Implemented the suggestions for googling "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION windows 10" [rolled SATA AHCI driver to default, disabled fast boot in bios/windows], no effect

10. Tried to some success to recreate the crash by just loading the CPU via CPU-z, while I did get it to BSOD once I haven't been able to repeat it.

11. Updated all the drivers available on my motherboards manufacturer page, no effect

12. Ran System Tests in Ubuntu finding no issues, though I'll admit these were not really comprehensive.

While the CPU does pass the Intel tool, I've not had a chance to replace it with a known working unit as I don't currently have access to one of the correct package for my motherboard.

Pretty much at the end of my wits here as far as what to do next...

System info:

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 15063) (15063.rs2_release.170317-1834)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: MSI

System Model: MS-7A64

BIOS: 1.20

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 16344MB RAM

Page File: 8034MB used, 11252MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Link to some of the latest crash dumps/minidumps:

CrashDumps.zip

And here is a CPU-Z report of my current system:

DESKTOP-PMEM6GD.txt

SergeyVikhlyantsev, Mar 11, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please remove the OC'ing, your motherboard supports it but for troubleshooting it is best to remove all OC'ing on your system.
    Code: [Memory Device (Type 17) - Length 34 - Handle 0042h] Physical Memory Array Handle 0007h Memory Error Info Handle [Not Provided] Total Width 64 bits Data Width 64 bits Size 4096MB Form Factor 09h - DIMM Device Set [None] Device Locator ChannelA-DIMM0 Bank Locator BANK 0 Memory Type 18h - Specification Reserved Type Detail 0080h - Synchronous Speed 2400MHz Manufacturer 0420 Serial Number Asset Tag Number Part Number F3-2400C10-4GTX[/quote]
    Let me know what the results of the tests are *Smile FYI I have added my post of MemTest86+ in a quote.
    Constant BSOD While Gaming [​IMG]
    Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.
    Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.
    If errors show up and you see them a lot later, no problem, the errors don't affect the test.

5. billin30 Win User
    Thanks for the response. My memory is rated for 2400 Mhz. I just activated an XMP profile to set it to its rated speed and did no other overclocking. I will run Memtest tonight with the OC still on and see if there is any issue. If it throws an error, I will deactivate the XMP profille and try again.

My gut tells me my issues have something to do with SLI. I had no issues when i was just running one 770, but I have had nothing but issues since I added that second card. The second card is the exact same card as my original, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I will post back with my Memtest findings in the morning.

Thanks

billin30, Mar 12, 2016
  6. billin30 Win User
    My Memtest just finished its 8th pass and no errors were detected. For some reason it wont let me attach the image

Last night I also ran a few runs of x264 and everything looked fine, no crashed. I did 10 passes of that.

I also ran the Heaven GPU stress test on max settings and it ran fine with no issues.

Thanks

billin30, Mar 12, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    What is the current XMP setting?

8. billin30 Win User

I just selected one of the XMP profiles that were already available in the BIOS.

billin30, Mar 12, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Ok, but what is the current XMP setting?

10. billin30 Win User
    I attached an image of my BIOS showing the Memory settings. Let me know if you need to see deeper into something.

billin30, Mar 12, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Please set the frequency and voltage of the memory to stock.
    Code: Series TridentX Memory Type DDR3 Capacity 16GB (8GBx2) Multi-Channel Kit Dual Channel Kit Tested Speed 2400MHz Tested Latency 10-12-12-31-2N Tested Voltage 1.65v Registered/Unbuffered Unbuffered Error Checking Non-ECC SPD Speed 1333MHz SPD Voltage 1.50v Fan lncluded No Height 54 mm / 2.13 inch Warranty Lifetime Features Intel XMP (Extreme Memory Profile) Ready[/quote]

12. billin30 Win User
    I can do that. I will just turn the XMP profile to Disabled. What is the next step after that? Should I just try to play games like normal and see what happens? Just trying to get an idea of how we are going to troubleshoot next.

billin30, Mar 12, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Yep, test after each change is usually the thing to do*Smile

14. billin30 Win User
    Played Tomb Raider for longer than normal tonight. Probably played for a whole hour before the game crashed, but I did not get a BSOD. I then played Rocket League for about a half hour. I just uploaded a new log just in case that helps.

It looks like disabling the XMP profile may have helped. Why would that profile be causing an issue? Just because it is OC'ing my RAM? Would the Profile 2 in the BIOS be any better? Or is there anything I can do to run my RAM at the rated speed? Does it even matter?

I will report back later in the week and let you know how its been going.

Thank you for all your help.

billin30, Mar 13, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    XMP overclocks the memory as you say, overclocking stresses the component what may cause it to behave in unexpected ways.

A new log is only needed when a new BSOD has occured.

Thema:

1. Constant BSOD While Gaming - Similar Threads - Constant BSOD While

2. Constantly getting BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constantly getting BSOD while playing games: Hello, I am constantly getting BSOD while playing games consistently for over a year now. I've tried updating my graphic drivers, swapping my PSU to a new one, DDU and reinstalled brand new drivers but the BSOD still keeps happening. Most of the crash dump points to...
  3. Constantly getting BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constantly getting BSOD while playing games: Hello, I am constantly getting BSOD while playing games consistently for over a year now. I've tried updating my graphic drivers, swapping my PSU to a new one, DDU and reinstalled brand new drivers but the BSOD still keeps happening. Most of the crash dump points to...
  4. Constantly getting BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things: getting alot of blue screens, but i dont know how to read dump files, checked my disks, system files and updated 200 drivers what it feels like but no avail, will share dump files here if anyone could read em for mehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Alf67WR6b6Vll1IAevkLan55doxx?e=VcNYuV...
  6. BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things

BSOD constantly while gaming and or doing multiple things: getting alot of blue screens, but i dont know how to read dump files, checked my disks, system files and updated 200 drivers what it feels like but no avail, will share dump files here if anyone could read em for mehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Alf67WR6b6Vll1IAevkLan55doxx?e=VcNYuV...
  7. Constant BSOD while gaming

Constant BSOD while gaming: I've been getting constant BSOD issues with my pc whilst gaming for several months now with a variety of different bug check codes. Here are some of the them if that's any help at all.0x0000013aIRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a...
  8. constant bsod while gaming

constant bsod while gaming: my system just started bsod while i'm playing games. critical software corruption. here is a one drive link to my dmp files and system specs. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AgP0880zT6dNk3s3S9b1_0FKic_b thanks. my system is an HP Pavilion dv6 AMD A6 8gb ram 650GB hdd....
  9. Constant BSODs under medium load while gaming

Constant BSODs under medium load while gaming: Hi TenForums, I'm posting an issue here that I've already fruitlessly posted on the microsoft forums because I'm all out of ideas.... The text from that post is copied below: Recently I've started having BSODs occur while running games, and more infrequently at random...
  10. Constant BSOD while gaming

Constant BSOD while gaming: Hi guys, I have a pretty new laptop and have so far been unable to do any gaming on it as I get constant BSOD. I sometimes get 'display driver nvidia windows kernel xxx.xx has stopped responding' (which has happened no matter which nvidia driver I've had installed,...