Windows 10: Constant BSODs with 2-3 different codes

Discus and support Constant BSODs with 2-3 different codes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all! I made a new PC back in November 2019 with an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, an Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus, 32gb of ddr4 'Team group extreme' memory and an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by geodeath, May 26, 2020.

1. geodeath Win User

Constant BSODs with 2-3 different codes

Hi all!

I made a new PC back in November 2019 with an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, an Asus TUF Gaming X570 Plus, 32gb of ddr4 'Team group extreme' memory and an 1TB Corsair NVME. The computer is absolutely fantastic, the only parts i kept from my previous configuration is my (quite old by now) ATI Radeon 7800 Series gfx card and my old but still capable Corsair 620W PSU.

Initially the computer was super solid... At some point i thought i was having hard disk bad sectors so i started looking into it, only to find out that it was not my hard drive at fault but rather one of the memory sticks, meaning the hard disk did not have bad sectors, just memory was writing corrupt data to files on the disk... This made me realise the memory is bad and after diagnostics, i sent them back for a replacement, which came and tested just fine.

Now, ever since i put the new memory (and before but to a lesser extend) i tend to get BSODs daily, many times through the day and usually when trying to back up massive amounts of files or sync, since i had to do a cloud backup/restore due to my corrupt files.

The BSODs range from 'IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' to 'atikmpag.sys' and they will happen at random times, without doing something specific.

I am attaching a log taken with the tools suggested (its only 2.3M) but i am starting to think it is either my graphics card being old and giving in, or that because of my bad memory, parts of the windows installation or the C disk is corrupt. I did try to do a full system scan with Windows Defender (no issues found), did a sfc /scannow with no problems found and the event viewer is not really helpful... Is there anything i should try to do before either buying a graphics card or installing windows from scratch?

Please help *Biggrin

Thanks

Windows version: Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836) 64bit

Log can be found here:

DESKTOP-HKS66CC-(2020-05-26_03-08-04).zip - Google Drive

:)

geodeath, May 26, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

KernelBase.dll is broken constant BSOD's constant game crashing.

Hi Darry,

User Profile corruption is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing constant BSOD's on your computer. You mentioned that you ran the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool, but is still getting a stop code. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you create a new User Profile and check if the issue persists.

To create a user profile, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings. Click Accounts.
    • Select Family & other people.
    • Select the Add someone else to this PC tab.
    • Name the user as Test.
    • Leave the password field blank.
    • Hit Next.
    • Sign in as Test user.

You may also check this link
    to fix BSOD errors. Choose the situation when you experienced the problem and follow the troubleshooting steps.

Dyan Rey, May 26, 2020
  3. philc43 Win User
    BSOD during gaming, plethora of different error codes!

Hello and welcome to TenForums Constant BSODs with 2-3 different codes :)

The log files that you provided only show one crash dump file so there is not a lot of information to go on. Furthermore the bugcheck code is not one I have ever seen before!

The stack recorded in the dump includes some references to storage and the analysis suggests memory corruption and so with nothing else to go on I would suggest that you do a check on the hard disk and RAM. This maybe the same as you have already run but it would be good to see the results.

Try CHKDSK
    using option 3
    Then

Diagnostics Test [/i] HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

Similarly with a memory test it would be good to post the results after you have run memtest86+ for a minimum of 8 passes

You indicated that many more crashes have occurred, however, they are not being recorded. Please make sure that your system is setup to record crash dump files: Configure Windows 10 to Create Minidump on BSOD

If the BSOD errors are all different it does tend to suggest a hardware problem. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

philc43, May 26, 2020
  4. Constant BSODs with 2-3 different codes

Constant BSOD even on stock default

As others have addressed, we need the BSOD code, looks something like OxO.....124 or similar.
    Without the code or the error listed above the stop code, we are all just taking pot shots at your issue.

I agree if its all of a sudden, its likely ram and as Frick addressed, its very easy to test and verify with memtest 86+ in DOS.

sneekypeet, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Constant BSODs with 2-3 different codes

1. Constant BSODs with 2-3 different codes - Similar Threads - Constant BSODs different

2. 3 BSOD in 2 days, seemingly different errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 BSOD in 2 days, seemingly different errors: Experienced 2 BSOD on 25/01/2024 and one on 26/01/2024, i tried looking into the debug of the minidump but i have limited knowledge and hoped someone more experience could help.At all other times my computer is running fine and it has been seemingly...
  3. 3 BSOD in 2 days, seemingly different errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 BSOD in 2 days, seemingly different errors: Experienced 2 BSOD on 25/01/2024 and one on 26/01/2024, i tried looking into the debug of the minidump but i have limited knowledge and hoped someone more experience could help.At all other times my computer is running fine and it has been seemingly...
  4. Constant different BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant different BSOD: I just Re installed win10 to a new SSD and now i can barely do anything for longer than 20 min without constant BSOD messages. I have tried every trouble shooting technique ue i could google and i just want my pc to go back to normal. What can i do...
  5. Constant different BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant different BSOD: I just Re installed win10 to a new SSD and now i can barely do anything for longer than 20 min without constant BSOD messages. I have tried every trouble shooting technique ue i could google and i just want my pc to go back to normal. What can i do...
  6. Constant different BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Different BSODs Constantly.

Different BSODs Constantly.: Hello there, lately I've been trying to boot up a newly built PC. It has booted correctly and functioned properly for periods of time, but it keeps getting BSODs, and now almost constantly. I first installed windows and got all my drivers set. It worked well and I thought it...
  8. Constant BSOD with different error codes or no error code at all

Constant BSOD with different error codes or no error code at all: I'm running windows 10 64bit, version 1909 build 18363.535 BSODs never happen when I'm gaming. But whenever I'm not gaming, BSOD will occur every minute or so. Memory diagnostic tool finds nothing. Chkdsk and sfc scan all return no errors. In frustration I formatted my disk...
  9. Constant BSOD with different stop codes

Constant BSOD with different stop codes: Hello all, would really appreciate some help with this. At my wits end. Process of elimination will not work with hardware removal, as the system is dependent on each other part to work, ie. cannot remove RAM to see if that's the cause, or the PSU, or the chipset or...
  10. BSOD, 2 different codes

BSOD, 2 different codes: I bought a new computer a month ago (spec on my profile). There were no problems. But 2 days ago i had a first BSOD. And since then i ve had a lot. Firstly the only code was MEMORY_MANAGEMENT but then came also CRITICAL_STRUCTULE_CORRUPT . I want to add that when i type sfc...