Windows 10: Constant CPU Usage by DXGMM2.sys

Discus and support Constant CPU Usage by DXGMM2.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am afraid I have run some unauthorized scripts in my WIndows and after that, this process is constantly taking up atleast 5 to 10% cpu usage. I know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DesmondMiles1, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Constant CPU Usage by DXGMM2.sys

I am afraid I have run some unauthorized scripts in my WIndows and after that, this process is constantly taking up atleast 5 to 10% cpu usage. I know this is not considered as High CPU Usage, but the fact is bothering me that it is not decreasing and constant. I remember, before running those scripts, these type of constant usage was not there. Please tell me what to do.

This is the location of uploaded etl log.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AuaRDw-BGI6IgX2etbgXo2_DAxFu?e=WDx99n

P.S - I ran the scripts which is called AutoSettings. (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-mBHw6Quoy5HivAD2m7HxhfgKwAuvxVy/view)

:)

DesmondMiles1, Oct 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 - dxgmm2.sys BSoD

I haven't got errors for a kernel_security_check_failure, just the dxgmm2.sys blue screen.

Every time I install drivers, I download the latest one off of the website. I am currently on 361.75.

The file creating the error is Microsoft's.

randomname00, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Constant CPU usage

*Original Title: Windows modular installer

I have a constant cpu usage on 25-100%. Even when the computer is doing nothing. The biggest sinner seems to be the windows modular installer. How can i fix this.

I have 2 computers with the same problem. One with win 8.1 and one with win 10.

Jesper_Dahl, Oct 20, 2019
  4. armycyrus Win User

Constant CPU Usage by DXGMM2.sys

AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage.

Original title: An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not using iTunes. Apple says iI should ask Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys.

An App. called AppleMobileDeviceService.exe consistently takes 50% of CPU usage. I am not logged on to iTunes, nor is my iPod connected to my PC when this .exe runs with 50% usage. Apple suggested I contact Microsoft. I use AX oper. sys. Apple suggested
    contacting Microsoft.

armycyrus, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Constant CPU Usage by DXGMM2.sys

1. Constant CPU Usage by DXGMM2.sys - Similar Threads - Constant CPU Usage

2. Constant Freezes and High CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant Freezes and High CPU usage: Hello, I have been browsing through Microsoft Community for some time now and I have found many similar problems and applied most of the solutions but sadly nothing seems to work. The main problem appears when computer is put to sleep by closing the lid or pressing the...
  3. WMI Provider Host constant CPU usage, high power usage

WMI Provider Host constant CPU usage, high power usage: For over a month, WMI Provider Host's CPU usage value has been 25% and the power usage has been "very high" constantly. It is virtually constant, not "every 15-20 minutes." Occasionally, it goes up to 40%. When my computer is unplugged, it drops to 10% and "moderate."...
  4. 100% CPU usage constantly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% CPU usage constantly: Yesterday my PC was working fine and had low enough cpu usage but since I've booted it up this morning it has stayed at 100% CPU usage. I've tried following some things online after i noticed wmi (or something like that) using a lot of CPU. This led me to figuring out i had...
  5. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Intel UHC 620 + dxgmm2.sys

SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Intel UHC 620 + dxgmm2.sys: This was a one off event, but my system has never hung like this before. I am running an Oracle version of Windows 10.0.0.4, and they are fussy about what updates get applied. The specific Version: 10.0.16299 Build 16299 (Full system specs in my profile). When I started from...
  6. BSOD dxgmm2.sys & watchdog.sys

BSOD dxgmm2.sys & watchdog.sys: Hallo dear Microsoft community, I had three blue screens of death after testing my Ram overnight with the software (Karhu Ram Test - which is a relieable Ram tester). The thing I don't understand is that I passed the test just fine with 0 Errors and over 20 000 % coverage,...
  7. CPU Usage Constantly Hitting 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Usage Constantly Hitting 100%: Hi everyone! I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T450s with iCore 7, 12GB Ram, 512GB SSD, and Windows 10 Pro. The laptop was working flawlessly until a few days ago... All of the sudden the machine has slowed significantly, and I whenever I open a browser (no matter whether it's MS...
  8. Microsoft OneDrive Setup (32bit) constant CPU usage

Microsoft OneDrive Setup (32bit) constant CPU usage: Hi all, I have the following problem on both my laptop and my desktop PC. Both running Windows 10 Educational. High constant CPU usage Microsoft OneDrive Setup (32bit) as seen in the screenshot. Today I let my laptop run idle, and for 3 hours the OneDrive Setup did...
  9. CPU Usage Constantly at 100%

CPU Usage Constantly at 100%: When I was running Windows 8.1, I had this same problem. Upgraded to Windows 10, issue persisted, until I reset the PC (August). After I reset, CPU usage was normal. A few weeks ago, though, CPU usage has jumped right back up to 100% (per Task Manager). I've tried...
  10. Extremely high constant CPU usage

Extremely high constant CPU usage: So up until this morning my Windows 10 desktop has been performing really well. When the machine is idle the CPU use is only in the 1-3% range. For some reason my idle CPU use is now CONSTANTLY 30-40% (even after a reboot)! Task manager says its "Service Host: Local System...