Windows 10: Constant Crashing BSOD + Sleep Wake Issues

Discus and support Constant Crashing BSOD + Sleep Wake Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Laptop Info: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 System Manufacturer ASUS System Model UX490UAR System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chadi., Apr 3, 2020.

1. Chadi. Win User

Constant Crashing BSOD + Sleep Wake Issues

Laptop Info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.18363

Build 18363

System Manufacturer ASUS

System Model UX490UAR

System Type x64-based PC

SMBIOS Version 3.0

First Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install. Only workaround so far is disable turning off display and sleep mode when plugged in, set to "never" for now. Whatever happened to all the options W10 used to have for power settings? See attached.

Constant Crashing BSOD + Sleep Wake Issues 5ad94724-f32d-491f-8de1-c54971640d7c?upload=true.png

Second Problem: constantly crashing, blue screen of death. See attached. Always stays stuck at 0% too. I have diagnostics & feedback setting set to "full" and still don't see anything from the last crash 10 minutes ago in the Diagnostic Data Viewer app from the Windows 10 store.

BSOD Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Clean installation of Windows 10 ISO direct from Microsoft
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel temporarily, still BSOD
    7. Installed only Malwarebytes and did not install AV aside default Windows Defender

Constant Crashing BSOD + Sleep Wake Issues 03c728ce-de2d-4472-9baf-33e8acc4dfe5?upload=true.jpg

:)

Chadi., Apr 3, 2020
  2. Chadi Win User

Constant Crashing & Sleep Wake Issues

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363
    Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

First Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.
    Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Second Problem:constantly crashing, blue screen of death.

Last info from Diagnostic Data Viewer:

Antimalware Service Executable

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2001.10-0\MsMpEng.exe
    Creation Time: 3/14/2020 1:39:54 PM
    Problem: MpTelemetry

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: MpTelemetry
    Problem Signature 01: unspecified
    Problem Signature 02: HardeningTelemetry
    Problem Signature 03: HardeningTelemetryDisableAS
    Problem Signature 04: 4.18.2001.10
    Problem Signature 05: unspecified
    Problem Signature 06: unspecified
    Problem Signature 07: unspecified

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: fdb8de8b2cbae82736f81cfce42d2152 (1655104735544156498)

Constant Crashing BSOD + Sleep Wake Issues [​IMG]

Chadi, Apr 3, 2020
  3. BSOD due to netadaptercx.sys after waking the PC from Sleep

Hi Prakhar,

The steps you suggested did not solve the problem. I am still experiencing the BSOD when waking the computer from sleep. If you have an other suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

ChrisBarber2, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Constant Crashing BSOD + Sleep Wake Issues

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Constant Crashing BSOD + Sleep Wake Issues

1. Constant Crashing BSOD + Sleep Wake Issues - Similar Threads - Constant Crashing BSOD

2. BSOD on wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    BSOD on wake from sleep: I've had this problem with my PC and haven't been able to figure it out yet. It happens when my 1st Gen Scarlett 2i2 audio interface is plugged in while asleep. When I wake my computer from sleep with the audio interface plugged in my computer crashes with a bsod of death....
  3. Wake from Sleep issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake from Sleep issues: I've tried everything I can find, but my Windows 10 desktop won't fully wake from sleep. I can move the mouse and the computer starts to wake (lights, hard drive), but the keyboard won't activate (no lights) and the monitor doesn't wake. I have a web camera with Windows Hello...
  4. wake from sleep issue?

wake from sleep issue?: I have a brand new Artesian NZXT H1 pc (SFF PCs — Artesian) with a Asus Rog Strix B550-I motherboard and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. When my pc "sleeps"......I have to move the mouse/type on keyboard or hit the power button......AND THEN HIT THE POWER BUTTON A SECOND TIME, to get...
  5. Constant Crashing & Sleep Wake Issues

Constant Crashing & Sleep Wake Issues: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. System Model UX490UAR System Type x64-based PC SMBIOS Version 3.0 First Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press...
  6. BSODs or crashes mostly from waking from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs or crashes mostly from waking from sleep: I've modified my power settings a few times, disabled hibernate, fast sleep. But about 1 out of 4 times it seems when my PC comes back from sleep mode it will crash. I ran checkdisk and still can't fix this. Windows 10 just seems buggy compared to Windows 7, 7 never gave me...
  7. Wake from sleep issue

Wake from sleep issue: After the system goes to sleep once I awake it it hangs at the Windows screen (where time is shown left corner). After a bit I'm greeted with BSOD stating... DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.535. When I hit the power button...
  8. Wake from sleep issue

Wake from sleep issue: After the system goes to sleep once I awake it it hangs at the Windows screen (where time is shown left corner). After a bit I'm greeted with BSOD stating... DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.535. When I hit the power button (after...
  9. Wake from sleep issue

Wake from sleep issue: After the system goes to sleep once I awake it it hangs at the Windows screen (where time is shown left corner). After a bit I'm greeted with BSOD stating... DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION This is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro 1909 18363.535. When I hit the power button (after...
  10. Wake from sleep issue

Wake from sleep issue: New to tenforums. I work in the forestry field. We utilize Dell tablets running Windows 10 anniversary edition (10.0.14393 N/A Build 14393).These devices are used to collect data in the forest. We are collecting data for 6 to 8 hours at a time. The Dell tablets last this long...