Windows 10: Constant crashing when playing newer games

Discus and support Constant crashing when playing newer games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I play a game that's at all demanding of my computer (specifically Assassin's Creed : Oddysey and Dishonored 2, it crashes after 5-10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tr1nk, Jul 22, 2019.

1. tr1nk Win User

Constant crashing when playing newer games

Every time I play a game that's at all demanding of my computer (specifically Assassin's Creed : Oddysey and Dishonored 2, it crashes after 5-10 minutes of gameplay. This issue has only come up after switching out my old, AMD R7 360 for an Nvidia 770 2GB. When the game crashed, it gave me this Event Viewer log.

Fault bucket , type 0
    Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: 141
    P2: ffffb88505cf4010
    P3: fffff805760e4534
    P4: 0
    P5: 239c
    P6: 10_0_17763
    P7: 0_0
    P8: 256_1
    P9:
    P10:

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20190721-2337.dmp
    \\?\C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\WER-3206234-0.sysdata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD11.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD41.tmp.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD40.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD7F.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_141_916d1736b5e39a28749312ff3ac12b8cec460e4_00000000_cab_1e8d0d7e

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: af8c7e4d-6cc6-4cc0-91a8-e5c24ddb371a
    Report Status: 4
    Hashed bucket:
    Cab Guid: 0

----------------------------------------------
    I have no clue what any of this means. When I attempted to click on any of the file links, it said Event Viewer couldn't open them because the app associated with the file does not exist (or something similiar.)

Please let me know if any other information would help, or if you have a possible fix. So far I've only really tried restarting, uninstalling old drivers (through device manager) and lowering game settings.

:)

tr1nk, Jul 22, 2019

2. My computer consistently crashes when playing newer Steam games

Hello. I am trying to play Steam games on my computer, but I find that after playing certain games (newer, more graphically-intensive games) crash anywhere between 5 minutes to an hour or two. They all give me different crash messages every time (driver_overran_stack_based_buffer,
    IRQL not greater or equal to, etc.). I ran tests through console commands and Windows Memory Diagnostics, but nothing bad came back. I checked my drivers and updated as many as I could, and downloaded the latest updates from Windows. Just short of wiping the
    whole thing clean (which may not resolve the issue still), I tried everything. And it ONLY crashes when I try to play newer Steam games.

This has been going on for a month now and is incredibly frustrating. If you have any questions free to ask.

GarrettMcDaniel, Jul 22, 2019
  3. iuppiter Win User
    Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    Constant crashing when playing newer games [​IMG]

iuppiter, Jul 22, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Constant crashing when playing newer games - Similar Threads - Constant crashing playing

2. Why is my PC crashing constantly when playing games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my PC crashing constantly when playing games?: Hi, I got a new PC recently but it has been constantly crashing. This happens when playing more graphical intensive games like The Finals and Red Dead Redemption 2. The weird thing is if I don't turn it off straight after it crashes, when it next turns on the graphics card...
  3. Why is my PC crashing constantly when playing games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my PC crashing constantly when playing games?: Hi, I got a new PC recently but it has been constantly crashing. This happens when playing more graphical intensive games like The Finals and Red Dead Redemption 2. The weird thing is if I don't turn it off straight after it crashes, when it next turns on the graphics card...
  4. My game constantly crashes when playing in a world for a while in atm8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My game constantly crashes when playing in a world for a while in atm8: Crash log https://pastebin.com/70ZXytzaFor about an hour of playtime my game would freeze and I would be booted back to the mc launcher and it would tell me to update my drivers or disable an screen recording software, even though I have shadow play turned off and my navida...
  5. My game constantly crashes when playing in a world for a while in atm8

My game constantly crashes when playing in a world for a while in atm8: Crash log https://pastebin.com/70ZXytzaFor about an hour of playtime my game would freeze and I would be booted back to the mc launcher and it would tell me to update my drivers or disable an screen recording software, even though I have shadow play turned off and my navida...
  6. Constant Freezing when Playing Games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant Freezing when Playing Games.: Everytime I play a game, it freezes constantly and ruins the whole gameplay. I don't know what to do about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-freezing-when-playing-games/47f74eaf-a30a-4c3f-a907-ef6ad0630dc0
  7. Constant Freezing when Playing Games.

Constant Freezing when Playing Games.: Everytime I play a game, it freezes constantly and ruins the whole gameplay. I don't know what to do about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/constant-freezing-when-playing-games/47f74eaf-a30a-4c3f-a907-ef6ad0630dc0
  8. Constant disk usage when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant disk usage when playing games: When I play games like Valorant or CSGO, my HDD disk usage is constantly spiking, causing drastic FPS drops. It appears that the game itself Valorant and System are the ones causing the disk usage. My disk usage is never at 0% and what's more, is that my Valorant is installed...
  9. Constant crashes and BSOD when playing games on laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant crashes and BSOD when playing games on laptop: I'm trying to figure out if my hardware is failing or not. I've tried pretty much everything recommended but nothing works. Laptop is past warranty at this point as well. I thought it might've just been overheating and got my laptop serviced. New thermal paste was applied...
  10. Constant BSOD When Playing Games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Constant BSOD When Playing Games: Hey everyone. I've been experiencing a lot of issues with Blue Screening, but I have only ever noticed it while playing games. Some games do fine, others do not. I can play things like CoD, Red Dead Redemption 2, Battlefield, etc. etc. Then when I try to play something...